Advice On Store-bought Raw Food

WJSong

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, this is my first post here, look forward to being part of this community :)

I am located in Perth, Australia and have fed my cats raw for a couple of years now. First I started off following the recipe on catinfo.org but it was not easy to source a lot of the products, and frankly being a vegetarian it was difficult for me to bear handling raw meat and organs!

Lately, I've been feeding raw food pre-made and delivered frozen by a local pet company. The specific product I feed is described as 'Typical ingredients: Special balance of 85% finely ground chicken meat with bone and crissal. Overall meal has; Chicken, 5% Liver, heart, kidney (beef), 10% Seasonal fruit & veg: silver beet, Chinese veg, hint of kelp & cod liver oil.'

The vegetable content is a little high but otherwise it seems to me like a reasonable diet. Does anyone have any other suggestions/recommendations on how I can improve my cats' diet?

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Veggie content does seem high . Hopefully someone else sees your post and has advice for someone in Australia.I do think pre-made is the way to go if you can't bear to handle meat and organs. Have you tried looking on youtube? Why not search something along the lines of "Options for raw feeding cats in Australia' it is worth a shot. Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

WJSong

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you guys, I will try the searches and check those links out.