Advice needed

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Your post really eases my mind. I see it as how I would feel If someone took my kids away from me ,but I'm glad to know she won't grieve for them. thank you so much, this cat forum rocks [emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji]
I so glad that I helped.  It took me a while to realize this myself.   And it is perfectly natural that we think of Mama Cat feeling as we would.  Here is a bit of wisdom I ran across that seems to fit here:

"For the animal shall not be measured by man.  In a world older and more complete than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear."

Henry Watson

It speaks to their innate ability to accept each stage of their lives as essential and correct and not to be mourned, only accepted and lived. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yessie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You're right, it's so fitting and right. Knowing this I'm much more comfortable about having found homes for my little kittens. I'm trying to keep them with friends and family so I can know how they are doing and if they happen to not want them in the future they can just return them back to me, Which I hope doesn't happen.

yessie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm really worried, I came home from work today and one of my 8 week kittens (the mom also lives with us) was just crying and I picked him up and he continued to cry and he looks really sad or maybe it's just me that thinks he does, if someone has any advice I would really appreciate it.

yessie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh dear! I wonder what happened. How is he doing now?
He's doing ok, still looks a little sad, he's eating and playing a bit. I'm still wondering what could be the problem. My daughter mentioned ear mites, but being that he's an indoor cat and I'm just so new at owning cats that I don't know what to think. I'm gonna have to take him to the vet if i don't see any improvement, it just breaks my heart when he gets like that because he can't tell me exactly what he's feeling :(

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
yessie yessie

Do you think he's getting picked on by mom or one of the others? That can be miserable too. Poor little guy. Is this the first time it's happened?

Last edited:

yessie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yessie yessie

Do you think he's getting picked on by mom or one of the others? That can be miserable too. Poor little guy. Is this the first time it's happened?
I don't think so, but I'll pay extra close attention to how they interact with him, he's usually the one picking fights thought. I noticed that he rubs his ears with his little paws and he looks bothered but it's not a constant thing, I've seen him do that like twice this week.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
yessie yessie

It does sound like it may be his ears then. It could be ear mites, or he could have an ear infection. When can you get him to the vet?

yessie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yessie yessie

It does sound like it may be his ears then. It could be ear mites, or he could have an ear infection. When can you get him to the vet?
Probably until Monday, he's been fine now but I don't want him to be in pain so if I see him like that again I'll have to take him before. Is it normal for just one of the kitten to get that? I have 6 kittens total and they all seem fine.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, if he is having an inner ear problem. If ear mites it would normally be all of them. I definitely think he needs the vet check.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it's ear mites I think they will spread.  It's also possible it could be an ear infection.
[article="22384"]Ear Mites In Cats  [/article]

yessie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 Yes I think so too will, thank you

yessie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
handsome kitty handsome kitty oh no I really hope it's not, it'll take them all to get checked just to be on the safe side, thank you