Adventures in moving

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thanks for asking!  Josie is basically the bedroom cat, although she will venture out on occasion.  She usually runs to the cat tree in the living room and glares at everyone for about an hour before retreating to her kingdom.

Everyone else has the run of the house.  The two spare bedrooms are still off-limits, as one has my sewing stuff in it (and they would wreak havoc with my thread holders!) and the other is still packed with boxes of stuff we have no room for.  When my husband gets here, we have a lot of things to sell/give away.

But everyone is doing well.  Alfred and Schofield are the only problem, really, and that's because they play so roughly.  Alfred has sores on his jaw where Schofield has bitten him so hard.  I've had him to the vet's for antibiotics.  She also gave him Prednoson because we thought at first is was allergies.  But as it turned out, he was scratching them open.  I just have to watch when they start roughhousing.

I feel very, very lucky because they all adjusted so well.  Schofield and Alfred have really made a difference.  They play with one another and then everyone else - even Teresa! - wants to play, too.  It gets a little noisy on occasion but I am so happy things worked out the way they did.
This is just the best news!!  Did Schofield and Alfred play like that when they lived together outside?  I am so happy they are all doing so well.  Who would have thought that Miss Teresa would be out and about and even play!! 

Hopefully your husband arrives soon!  I am sure that will be another adjustment for the kitties.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, they were always chasing each other.  I don't think it was quiet as rough, though.  At least Alfred didn't have the sores on his jaws until recently.

Its funny, because it is always Schofield who verbalizes during play.  He talks and talks and talks - in such a way that you think he's being hurt sometimes.  That's usually what brings me to check out how rough they are being and it is always Schofield who's on top of Alfred.

this afternoon, Teresa was sitting near them, just watching.  I swear I saw her roll her eyes!