Adult coloring books

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just saw on Amazon that there's a new volume two book to the Mindfulness Coloring book that I have
It's not out until mid next month but if the cover is any hint, the images look like they'll be fun to color
The author also has this book which came out 2 days ago

newmamaof3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you Columbine Columbine and mservant mservant . I typically go for the warmer fall colors but I also prefer the second one! It's going to be fun recreating the pics and then looking back to see the differences.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@newmamaof3
  That is fascinating.   Both lovely but interestingly I too prefer the second.  I think it is because the colours are more distinct and pick out more of the different designs in the picture but still see everything as a whole.  Could be wrong though.  
The other night I took some photos of pictures I've done recently but still not got round to uploading them on to my computer.  I'll get them here eventually.   
By the 25th October perchance?

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
By the 25th October perchance?
Such confidence in me @Stewball.  
    I've got a couple of days off work now so will aim to get pictures on to my computer (as long as I can find the energy to get out of bed - Mouse is sure to want feeding at some point to it should happen).   I was so tired last night I only coloured in for about 20 minutes and then my eyes were out of focus and I had to give in.  It was hopeless. I haven't done any at all today!

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just received those Prismacolor Premier Manga pencils in the mail. Naturally I opened them right away ha haaa. I had not even noticed, 5 are their "verithin" pencils, great! Those 5 are NOT presharpened; the other 18 are ready to use. Thought I'd let you know; just an FYI.

newmamaof3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Finished another second round picture. Here is the comparison...the first
And the second..
The second one is much better. I got some new fine point pens and have been doing more line work this second time around.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
It is really interesting to see how your style has developed @newmamaof3  , and how much colours and shades can transform a picture.

@Freedom  Can't wait to see what you do with those Manga pencils.   They sound amazing, and haven't seen anything about how the verithin pencils compare to their others. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just received those Prismacolor Premier Manga pencils in the mail. Naturally I opened them right away ha haaa. I had not even noticed, 5 are their "verithin" pencils, great! Those 5 are NOT presharpened; the other 18 are ready to use. Thought I'd let you know; just an FYI.
Is that good.or bad?

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Especially for you @Stewball   

From Creative Colouring for Grown-ups - Japanese Patterns.  (Gorgeous designs, good paper but printed on both sides.  A lot of variety).

From Japon  (Gorgeous designs, fabulous paper and removable pages printed on one side only).

From Magnificent Mandalas.  (Interesting designs but the paper is WAY to thin).

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nice pictures, MServant
I especially like the thrid picture in the top row.

I'm working on another Creative Cats image. I don't have a picture yet. The battery in my camera died and my phone doesn't take great pictures (or maybe it's just me)

I got an Amazon gift card recently and used it to buy two more coloring books along with something else
I got the Soul of the Woodland book and pre-ordered the new Mindfulness Coloring book. And I still have the two books I got as gifts so now I have plenty of stuff to color for awhile

Last edited:

newmamaof3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Beautiful pics mservant mservant ! That peacock is going to be gorgeous!

Can't wait to see you're cat image LTS3 LTS3 ! I'm loving that book as well. For some reason it's much more appealing to me right now than any of my other books!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@MServant.
Gorgeous especially the Japanese one with the two birds looking downwards.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you @newmamaof3  , I'm struggling a bit with the peacock and wish I'd scanned a copy before I started.  I think it's because I like the image so much and had this idea in my head of what I wanted to do but my skills haven't caught up with my ideas.  
    Story of my life.  

@Stewball   I thought you might like that one.   Again, I wish I had copied the image as it was lovely to colour in and think it would be gorgeous to do in lots of different colours.   I can feel that 'I need to get another copy of this book' coming on here.  
       That picture you mention @LTS3  is another reason I'm feeling like this, that image was so different to others I have done, and there is another one a little like it in the book.  The shapes are so simple but the overall effect is very restful for some reason, and I can imagine it in all sorts of different colours depending on what mood I'm in.

I'm off to spend some time in someone elses house this morning and won't be able to potter like I do in my own place:  taking my colouring stuff with me in case I can't concentrate on reading a book.  

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:clap: Beautiful coloring mservant mservant I don't think I can begin to pick a favourite! That peacock is going to be beautiful when it's done :nod: Can't wait to see it completed.

Last edited: