Adopted by a pregnant cat in the middle of a move

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your kittens' weights are excellent, even the two smallest are doing well. No need to supplement, unless the two smallest are not gaining 6-10 grams daily. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

garnermeg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

The wet food is better since it contains liquid and adds to her water intake.
right. and to be clear, she's not asking for more food or acting hungry and she's drinking plenty of water. just wanting to make sure i'm giving her enough. :) And i have the dry food out so there's always food for her whenever she wants it, especially overnight, in addition to the regular wet food feeding times. 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

garnermeg

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your kittens' weights are excellent, even the two smallest are doing well. No need to supplement, unless the two smallest are not gaining 6-10 grams daily. [emoji]128522[/emoji]
great, thanks! yeah they are all gaining at least that much, often more. they're usually between 9-15 grams daily. so i really felt like they were doing fine, but wanted to make sure since their overall weight hadn't doubled yet. :) thank you for reassuring me!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The goal is 1 pound at 4 weeks, 2 pounds at 8 weeks, etc. for the first 6 months. Your biggest ones are almost half a pound already, so no worries there. The little ones should hit their marks too, but of course, keep weighing. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A propos nothing whatsoever of import, every time I look at the picture of little Gray, with her feet in the air and her bottom shining, I get the giggles.  There is just something cute about that cat's bottom.