Accidental pregnancy

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We call it pre-labor contractions, but it's essentially the same thing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, well my husband was rubbing her belly earlier and he said it felt like a contraction, but hasn't had on since. I'm going to guess and say it's just her body preparing for labor. She's letting us touch her belly again, and she'll roll over onto her back and pat us until we do. The kittens are super active. I'm guessing she's having three, my husband says 6. We'll just have to wait and see :) 

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She loves the belly rubs, even when she's not pregnant. She's wider today, but it's like, her stomach is further back if that makes sense. Poor mama, she's not walking, she's waddling. She can't seem to get comfortable for long periods of time now. She'll lay down, then get up a few minutes later. Right now, she's sleeping on the trunk she fell off of yesterday. She's on her back, so she's actually getting some rest. I can't wait for this to be over with. I never want to go through this again. No matter how exciting it may be lol.

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Omg! Omg! Omg! She's starting to contract! About how long after contractions will her water break?

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They're still pretty far apart. I just wasn't sure how long she could have contractions before her water broke. She's restless. She keeps getting up, coming over to me and my husband for pets and comfort, then gets back up and lays down away from us, and so on and so forth. I'm like, super impatient now 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try to relax. It could be hours. The restlessness is normal. Her water may not break until she begins pushing. Or it could break hours before she begins pushing. At least she's contracting!

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I keep telling myself to calm down. She needs me to remain calm and relaxed for her. I did notice that she hasn't eaten her normal portion of food today, nor drank as much as normal. She drinks about 2 to 2 1/2 bowls of water a day, if not more depending on how hot is, and today she hasn't even drank half a bowl. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She's on her way, that's for sure. You should see kittens within 24 hours, maybe sooner, if she's been laboring all day, which it sounds like she may have, even if you weren't aware of it.

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She very may well have been. We've been fishing today, and have only been home a couple of hours, and she's been acting kind of weird tonight. I hope she doesn't have them tomorrow evening. We're having a birthday party, and I don't want her to be overly stressed out.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Whether she has them by then or not, put her in a separate room during the party so she feels safe and private, and check on her through the evening tomorrow night.

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have to keep her locked up in our bedroom now, which I feel awful about, but she tries to get outside at every opportunity. So, I know she'll be inside and safe. 

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Since she's so close to having the kittens, when would be a good time to get her spayed? We do not want anymore kittens, and we most certainly do not want to add to the over population issue. I'm pretty sure I can convince my vet to fix her before the one year mark, since she is pregnant. Also, when can we get the kitten we're keeping fixed?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Mom and kittens can be spayed when the kittens are 8 weeks old.

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok awesome. I asked him about spay/neuter vouchers for the new owners, that way they get a discount, but I forgot to ask when they could be fixed. Update on Little Boo. She's sleeping a lot today. She's only been up long enough to use the litter box, take a sip of water, and nibble some food.

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No kittens yet. She's pretty restless tonight. She keeps meowing and pacing, and swishing her tail as if she's annoyed.