Accidental pregnancy

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hartz has been rumored to make kittens sick.

Litter size varies by cat and each pregnacy. They say 3-4 is average.

Xray should only be done in late pregnancy, and only if needed.

As for the vet waiting on a spay, a year seems long...but you'd want her in good health beforehand if possible.

Kitten chow is great! You can give mom a serving of kmr daily. Also feed her wet food if she'll take it as well as dry. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, we'll stay away from that brand, thank you. She hasn't had any issues with her pregnancy, so I think I'll just go along with her vet, and not have one done. She was sick, and severely emaciated when we got her, that could be why be wanted to wait to spay her. I'll get her favorite wet food then. We get some occasionally as a treat for her. What is KMR?

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Omg, that's awful. Not doing that to her. She doesn't claw furniture or anything, she's really good about only using her scratching post. Plus, she's never scratched any of us, including the kids.

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Got it. So, basically give to her, like one small serving once a day, or less than that? I never realized how stressful it could be caring for a pregnant cat [emoji]128560[/emoji]

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much. You've been so helpful. What all should we have on hand? I want to make sure that we stock up on everything now, that way when she has them, we aren't rushing to get all of the supplies. We're picking up the kitten milk either this week or next, depending on what they have in stock. Will the medicine syringes work? Because we have a ton that are still in their packages. The hair around her nipples is basically gone now, so she roughly has 5 weeks left, correct? Or is it 4? Also, while rubbing her belly earlier, she LOVES her belly to be rubbed, always has, my husband felt lumps, which we're assuming are the kittens, we didn't feel "kicks," but they were definitely there.

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Without needles of course, I forgot to add that in there.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, the lumps you're feeling are the kittens. When you buy kmr, look for powdered by PetAg. Avoid Hartz. The medicine syringes work well. You will also want to get a small scale that measures in grams.

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok, that's what I thought. :) Yes, I have been warned away from Hartz. I'm not sure what they have in stock, so like I said, once I know, it'll either be this week or next, before we pick it up. I believe we have a scale that does weigh in grams, I'll have to ask my husband, just to make sure. Roughly, since we are able to feel where the babies are, how much longer does she have left? I'm very anxious/excited about these babies.

newkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's typically 2 to 3 weeks after you first feel/see movement that they come :)

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We didn't feel movement, or see it, but we felt where they were. And a discreet kitty abortion? Our vet won't spay our cat while she's pregnant. 

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some Vet clinics do some don't, some just charge extra. Sounds like you're going

through with pregnancy it's tough going back to back hope she makes it  OK 

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is her first pregnancy. And it's going to be her only pregnancy.

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh My Sincerest  Apologies!  
<---me

Jumped in at flea comb looked like babies in

photo 

I was  

Great job all under your control

Last edited:

britty93

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok. I was so confused. 
 But no, it's her  first and last pregnancy. No more babies for her! I'm a mess right now worrying about her.

newkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well when you first start feeling movement, then I'd estimate 2 and a half weeks from there, give or take several days.