Abandoned kitten... help needed

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

I made formula for my last baby. I used 1 can goat's milk, 1 cup regular yogurt (no nonfat), 1 egg yolk, 1 teaspoon Karo syrup. Stir it all together really well and keep refrigerated. I got the recipe from my coworker who breeds show dogs. Only get out as much as you need for a feeding and warm the bottle in hot water. It worked great for Monster and he's happy and healthy at 10 months old. 
Yeah, it seems sound enough, I can believe it works nicely.   :)

Goat milk in itself  should be OK, especielly fresh goat milk.  But most forms of bottled goat milk works too.

(I had seen on a polish forum, the participants in that thread compared their impressions of bottled goat milk.  While most who tried were OK or even happy, some werent.  And can you imagine, all these who werent, complained on one particular brand of bottled goat milk. The lesson?  It IS possible to destroy even such a good product as goat milk...).

Here the TS has the excellent option of KMR 2.   To use as it is, or possibly, to water down a trifle if need be.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tq333

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi everyone,

Fat baby is feeling a lot better now. his poop is the right colour (brown) and have better consistentcy (less liquidy a bit more firm) and he didn't pooped every hour only twice a day. Never in my life I would guess that someday I would become obssess with the details of poop.
. I am turning into such a worrywart.

He really likes his 2ND STEP KMR with water(sometimes i have to stop him from having too much) and its not giving him any stomach problem so, I am keeping him on it until he can drink from a bowl and start him on wet food. Don't want to rush him.

He is still on his antibiotic and diarrhea medicine.

Again thanks for all of your help.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm glad to hear he is doing better, you've done a great job with him.

I like the name Fat Baby too.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Never in my life I would guess that someday I would become obssess with the details of poop.
I think we're all a little surprised at our obsessions!  Good job - he sounds like things have settled in well.  You are right to let him suckle as long as possible.  He will have fewer food issues later.