Aarrrrggghh! But I dont' need another cat!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, new kitten already has a foster mommy
He/she found you for a reason and there is no doubt this baby will be a fantabulous addition to your home

yoviher

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

Now for a cute story.......My eighth cat is one of our former ferals, she just waltzed in the door one day and decided she liked "in" better than "out".....hasn't been back out since ! But, when she came in she was preggers......one day last week she birthed her kits......too early and they didn't survive...sigh.....well, said mama cat has taken this baby on as her own, and her milk has come back!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Awwwww how sweet is that Cindy!!
Is she grooming her as well?
Yup, grooming, nursing, the whole works....including "protecting" kitten from anyone else ! Seriously though, this wee one will have to just be a foster guys, as I simply cannot afford another kit.....sigh!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Awwwww but isn't that so sweet!
I bet you cave in!
Don't tempt me Susan.....I love ginger kits, and this one reminds me of one I had as a child....

Funny thing to add......hub got up to get ready for work this morning, and just before he left he came running back thru the house, asked me where'd the little orange and white kitten come from? LMAO!!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just read this...I know how you feel (story for another place and time). I'm glad this wee one ended up on a caring doorstep, that will either keep him or make sure a good forever home is found.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That was my theory, Pat.....waaaay too young to have gotten here alone!
Yah think? Hah...I can just see this little wobbly darting between homes and bushes until he senses ...he's arrived.

I can see the invisible white kerchief filled with his favorite toy and a bit of food tied to a pole that was held over his shoulder (yes, I am nuts).

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pat, hon....you're not nuts....but that's just great! Is there a sign up above my house that I don't know about, lol?

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Pat, hon....you're not nuts....but that's just great! Is there a sign up above my house that I don't know about, lol?
Probably the same sign that seems to be on the wall of my house that faces my large fenced backyard.

itty bitty blue actually came to his food bowl tonight and ate while I was sitting less than a foot away. Big step!

bigorangemenace

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It does happen a lot to many people... expecially when people can drive by and see I dont know.. EIGHT cats sitting in the window

What you actually need to do IS make a sign. One that says:

"I'm not a Shelter/Humane society. Dont drop off pets on my front porch."

Do you have outside/feral cats? or are your inside ones outside/inside. Maybe one of your cats brought the baby home and forgot about it???

Otherwise with a kitten like this you probably are becoming a target for people wanting to drop off kittens
THe sad thing is ... it will most likely continue to happen...

I hope you find a good home for the little cutey! I would steal him in a minute but my mom would murder me.... slowly.. and painfully.. and with many brussel sprouts and forced creamed corn eating.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a tip for you...when brussel sprouts start to taste really good? You are getting old
I know...I now like brussel sprouts (tee hee).

bigorangemenace

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I used to live in Missouri.. we had 2 inside cats.. three inside/outside.. and about... five or more friendly ferals.

We moved there with the two inside cats... the neighbors unfortunately had NINE CUTE FAT LITTLE PUPPIES. and two cute little kittens! I played with them and soon the neighbor told us to just take them (since they only wanted one of the puppies and not the cats...) WELL. Turns out those two were the little Saint Kitties of Farber, Missouri!!! Not only did they steal Winky (a little black kitten) from the nephew of our neighbor, and he became ours... but they also brought in all the strays.. I swear.. I could hear them.

"Hey guys.. are you hungry? Want a nice meal and soem clean water? You can come to our house. Our humans will feed you!"

In fact... they also brought home five dogs too! But they were just run aways from down the street.

Hey.. so think about it.. even if the random person drops off a cat or kitten every once in a while.. you at least dont have your cats bringing in untold numbers of strays

We went through one of those very huge like 20lb bags every two weeks!!! It would have lasted Ari and Elliot like.. six months!

Hehhe.. a funny thing is that the little nephew got another kitten..a white one.. and he was playing with it outside... I didnt even see him and was just coming outside to find one of the cats.. the kid looked at me and ran. poor kid! I guess he though I was the one stealing his kittens!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BigOrangeMenace

It does happen a lot to many people... expecially when people can drive by and see I dont know.. EIGHT cats sitting in the window

What you actually need to do IS make a sign. One that says:

"I'm not a Shelter/Humane society. Dont drop off pets on my front porch."

Do you have outside/feral cats? or are your inside ones outside/inside. Maybe one of your cats brought the baby home and forgot about it???
Lol, thing is, to get to my house, you have to be either lost or coming here, 'cause I'm out in the country, at the end of a dead end road and private drive. Have been here 12 years now, only a couple of cats and dawgs dropped on me....most of the dogs leave home pretty soon....don't like all the feral cats, lol.....