A TCS Lawn Party????

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We could break it into regions:

Northwest - Hissy's neighborhood (includes Alaska and Western Canada)
Southwest (may I suggest Las Vegas?)
Midwest - Shell's home base
Southeast - we've got quite few, in NC and FL
Northeast - NY, NJ and PA are well-represented here, as well as Eastern Canada.

I'm not sure how many European members, that we have or where a good place would be for them to meet. The Aussies and New Zealanders could get together. Not sure about Puerto Rico or Costa Rica, though - they're kind of off of the beaten path, for most of us. Might have to do a Webcam hookup, there.

As for me, I have to have at least a month's notice, to get time off from work and I'm sure that I'm not the only working stiff, here. Do we have a travel agent member, who can get us discounts?

cougar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can get discounts for 2 people
Thats not a whole lot. This board is pretty spread out. I know.. you could all take your cars to a racetrack and see who runs the fastest 1/4 mile
you can have your cat ride in the pass seat if need be.

Peace,
Brandon

yoviher

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For North America I think we can do something like Kat8e said there.

For Europe, from what I can see most of the members from Europe are from the UK. So I guess they could choose a place in the UK easy for the UK members yet, not too hard for the folks at Continental Europe.

For Asia... It seems to me most of them are in Australia and NZ... we should choose accordingly.

As for me... I am tad isolated here....

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Because most of our members are in the USA, if my lottery ticket is the winning one this weekend?, then all of us outside the states be it NZ, Australia, etc..AND YOU VICTOR! will have flight tickets to come over to the states to PARTY ON!!!!!!!!!!!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There ya go Susan, your on to something. Let's all buy lottery tickets this weekend. If anyone wins then we have a big convention and fly everyone in. The winner picks the location

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I vote NC with Sierra's momma (I'm lazy, y'all, lets be honest.) Question though.. how many cat fights do you think would happen?

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am good with NC because it isn't too terribly far, I could drive! I think I would leave her majesty at home though. She doesn't like to leave her throne!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, ya'll have gone bonkers!!! When I started this I meant that even though we can't ship our kitties everywhere it would be nice to have a human's barbecue or lawn party and bring photos and things from our kitties' lives. I would love to have my big boy Sasha with me, but that's not gonna happen so I'm up for coordinating the WEST COAST edition and or excursion to all of this--where ever--and have a barn-burnin' great party in which I will paste polaroids of Sasha all over myself and eat burgers in his honor!

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
May I suggest something?...Even though I live in Houston, Texas....we should have it in Vermont, or somewhere up there?! I have never been and I have heard it is such a lovely state to visit.

So, are we gonna do this or What?!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will get to anywhere I can short of Asia and perhaps Australia, sorry eastern hemisphere kitty kovers!! Would love to be in Vermont! My little brother just got accepted to Antioch!

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good thing it's just humans.. I think .. that as much as we loves our kitties, the world doesn't have enough bandaids yet in production for a football field full of people and cats.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think this could seriously happen. I think that having a few regional area meeting would be a great idea. I don't really see how we could all meet in one place. What if we planned it for like a year fromnow. That would allow everyone time to save for the trip and make their plans. We would need people in charge of each meeting place, who would decide exactly where we would meet, what activities etc. I also wonder if we could start up some sort of donation fund to help fund the trips of some who may not be able to afford the trip on their own.... Maybe I am getting too far ahead here....

cazx01

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no Tanya, thats a really good idea, i we could come up with some sort of date, as u said for in a years time, that gives us plenty of time to save/get time off work, but how we gonna go about arranging all of this?