A pic that I couldn't HELP but post!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dixie, it WAS a baby tooth.But, it was one that he wasn't going to loose for a few more years---like 5.And the cavity was too deep to fill.And leaving it was OUT of the question.
He has 2 others that are small and can be filled.He also has one in the front, that he is getting ready to loose.So, we are leaving that be.
The Dentist assitant said he has weak teeth and needs to use flouride every night.I didn't know that---or he would have been using it all along.We have well water and it has an adequat (sp) flouride supply in it.But, he needs extra.
So, I've been making all the kids brush their teeth in the am and pm and use flouride also.
Thanks for the compliments everyone!!!
Corwin LOVES to be cuddled.So, Seth was all to happy to do that.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Dixie, it WAS a baby tooth.But, it was one that he wasn't going to loose for a few more years---like 5.And the cavity was too deep to fill.And leaving it was OUT of the question.
He has 2 others that are small and can be filled.He also has one in the front, that he is getting ready to loose.So, we are leaving that be.
The Dentist assitant said he has weak teeth and needs to use flouride every night.I didn't know that---or he would have been using it all along.We have well water and it has an adequat (sp) flouride supply in it.But, he needs extra.
So, I've been making all the kids brush their teeth in the am and pm and use flouride also.
Thanks for the compliments everyone!!!
Corwin LOVES to be cuddled.So, Seth was all to happy to do that.
They recommend that here in florida also.

Justice (who has the cavity) chipped one of Deacon's teeth about 2 years ago. I took him to the dentist and they wouldn't touch it. Said to let it go... I am thinking now to go to another dentist because when I took both the boys they said the same thing.. .hmmmmm

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would get another opinion.I took Seth to another Dentist about a year ago.They told me that they will NOT remove baby teeth that it is best to let them be.So,that's what I did.UNTIL Seth started crying it was hurting him.I looked in his mouth and was suprised at how deep it looked.The reason it hurt so much is because he had a permanent tooth coming in right behind it also.And it was causing more strain and aggrivation on the one with the cavity.
I'd get another opinion about their teeth.
This Dentist was FURIOUS that the previous one said to let it go.Because it was the last one in Seth's mouth that was a baby tooth.The next one to come in behind it,is a permanent tooth.So, it would be around 5 years before it would have fell out.