A New "Raw"some Beginning... (yup - another one LOL)

jackjackbojack

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You all make a good case, but I dont intend to take my two cats off the raw rabbit for now. The new freezed dried product hasnt been out that long. So I am going to wait and see. In the meantime, I am keeping them on raw rabbit.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think anyone's trying to talk you into feeding freeze dried? :dk: I don't feed my cats freeze dried.

I was just trying to correct your misperception that freeze dried raw has a different nutritional profile than the frozen.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You all make a good case, but I dont intend to take my two cats off the raw rabbit for now. The new freezed dried product hasnt been out that long. So I am going to wait and see. In the meantime, I am keeping them on raw rabbit.
And, raw rabbit is wonderful for kitties. I do like NV's rabbit and do feed it to my babies as well. I try to rotate commercially made raw proteins and brands. I use a variety of raw products as there are many out there now to choose from. Freeze dried re-hydrated is only a small percentage of my cats raw diets. BUT there would be nothing wrong if you feed freeze dried solely to a cat even though it is fairly new to the market. It is nutritionally balanced and is raw food. If you soak the pieces they turn into meat. :nod: Unfortunately, for me, it is just too expensive to feed every day. Although, I love FD and it is very convenient and my cats love it. :)

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I FEEL LIKE DANCIN' (and Carolina, I can't find those dancing dudes to copy) BUT :dance: :jump: :banana1: :dance: :banana2: RAD CAT IN THE MIDWEST!!!!!!!!!!! :thud:

RAD CAT is going to be supplied by my local natural pet food store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wow: :woohoo: I finally got them to see the light about RC and their distributor is going to supply it. YAY for TRACY at RC. I am THRILLED about this. I don't know what they will charge for it YET. I cannot imagine it will be more than shipping and the frozen surcharge!!!!!! I am SOOOO happy about this. Will let you guys know their pricing when they get it. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

carmina piranha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow, that's great!  I'll even go and buy some from your pet store, to help thank them for getting that organized!  (Uh, do I have to drive all the way out there, or are they a chain that will carry it at other stores?)

I haven't checked-in in awhile, but stopped in to make sure LDG is ok.  I'm glad I got to see this good news, and remember, if you ever want a tour of Chicago's meat-packing district and Peoria Packing's vats of meat, contact me!  :)

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, that's great!  I'll even go and buy some from your pet store, to help thank them for getting that organized!  (Uh, do I have to drive all the way out there, or are they a chain that will carry it at other stores?)

I haven't checked-in in awhile, but stopped in to make sure LDG is ok.  I'm glad I got to see this good news, and remember, if you ever want a tour of Chicago's meat-packing district and Peoria Packing's vats of meat, contact me!  :)
I just stopped into Four Legs Pets today to see when the Rad Cat is coming in. She said mid-November. I am waiting for pricing, but I am certain (:cross:) it will be less than buying on-line. They are not a chain. I will find out and get back to you on the info. I get from them. If you drove out, then we could meet. Thanks for the invite to the meat-packing in Peoria. Will keep it in mind. :D

p.s. Laurie has no power.... :nervous: They have the generator running but her internet is choppy and limited (and slow) We are hoping she will be back full time very soon. WE MISS YOU, LAURIE :hugs: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK - should we take bets on whether the Rad Cat arrives first or my power is back? :lol3:

From what I can tell, we may be looking at "mid November" as well. :lol3:

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So lucky. However I am grateful to have found it within a 100 mile drive, one way. Still better than ordering on line.

We're getting a PetCo soon (first chain pet store ever) has anyone ever tried to get at Pet Co to bring in something they don't normally carry?

The feed store, which is my only source of higher line pet foods (which however don't carry any thing I currently feed) is not good about special orders. They SAY they are, and even advertise they are. So you take all the time to give them the information on what you would like them to bring in, then you never hear from them again. When you call or go in, to follow up, they have some excuse about why they haven't looked into it yet, and ask for the info all over again..It's just not worth it.

But still I am happy at least someone can get the rad cat locally!

carmina piranha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ooh, boy, I just checked out how far your pet store is.  Yes, I'd love to turn that drive into a meet-up!  And maybe I'll do some holiday shopping in Schaumburg while I'm out there. 

LDG, I hope you're able to get gas for your generator without too much hassle.  Yeah, I do wonder who will win the race!

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK - should we take bets on whether the Rad Cat arrives first or my power is back? :lol3:
From what I can tell, we may be looking at "mid November" as well. :lol3:
AW LAURIE!!!!!!!!!! I am glad to see you still have your sense of humor :D :lol3: :bigthumb: :high5: OK - I am going to bet that your power comes on BEFORE the Rad Cat is available. 4- Legs manager can be a bit lax and slow with these things. Believe me, I know from past experience. :lol3:

:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cross: :cross: :cross: :cross:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So lucky. However I am grateful to have found it within a 100 mile drive, one way. Still better than ordering on line.
We're getting a PetCo soon (first chain pet store ever) has anyone ever tried to get at Pet Co to bring in something they don't normally carry?
The feed store, which is my only source of higher line pet foods (which however don't carry any thing I currently feed) is not good about special orders. They SAY they are, and even advertise they are. So you take all the time to give them the information on what you would like them to bring in, then you never hear from them again. When you call or go in, to follow up, they have some excuse about why they haven't looked into it yet, and ask for the info all over again..It's just not worth it.
But still I am happy at least someone can get the rad cat locally!
Petco just started carrying Nature's Variety raw. I have asked if they can get certain raw brands in :lol3: Nope - they say. Being a corporate run business - it would take FOREVER and a day for them to get the ball rolling. My daughter works for Petco so I get a discount too. I can get my Nature's Variety from them now. :D

Isn't is hilarious what lengths we will go to for Rad Cat. :rofl: I just hope THIS does come true, Rad Cat at 4-Legs. Manager says YES!!!!!!! It will come true. :cross:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooh, boy, I just checked out how far your pet store is.  Yes, I'd love to turn that drive into a meet-up!  And maybe I'll do some holiday shopping in Schaumburg while I'm out there. 

LDG, I hope you're able to get gas for your generator without too much hassle.  Yeah, I do wonder who will win the race!
Let's hope that Laurie wins the race and MUCH sooner than mid-November. :cross: :vibes::vibes::vibes: I am just hoping for the Rad Cat locally by Christmas!!! :lol2: :santa: :Evergreen:

Last edited:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:flail: :rofl: Just saw this, Carolina. Thanks for the laugh and the dancing MJs. NOW I know where to find them. :lol3: :clap::clap::clap::clap:
LOOK at what I found!!! Isn't this one just PERFECT? :flail:

TCS should add this one to the emoticons menu :lol3::clap::clap::clap:

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOOK at what I found!!! Isn't this one just PERFECT? :flail:
TCS should add this one to the emoticons menu :lol3::clap::clap::clap:

:spit: :crackup: :flail: AND I WAS SIPPING COFFEE!!!! I had to work all morning so am just now getting my coffee and see this :flail: :crackup: Carolina, this just made my WHOLE day!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: That is just hilarious. OMG a dancing banana with a POOP sign. :flail:

catmum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am trying to switch my cats to canned food but they are resisting. As for feeding when you are away,  Lisa Pierson(strong advocate of raw food) suggests to freeze meals and have your cat feeder give one unfrozen and one frozen so the frozen one thaws out for later in the day.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am trying to switch my cats to canned food but they are resisting. As for feeding when you are away,  Lisa Pierson(strong advocate of raw food) suggests to freeze meals and have your cat feeder give one unfrozen and one frozen so the frozen one thaws out for later in the day.
Hang in there you can do it. Since you are reading Dr Lisa Pierson's site, you already know it can be done, just takes a lot of work and patience, for some cats. :)

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OH MAN!!!!!!!!! I almost couldn't dig up my thread. :rofl: It has been an extremely busy, crazy time in my life these last two months. We are finally moved into our new home and I am finding more time for TCS once again, little by little. :D :clap:

Everyone went easily back on raw after our move, except :princess: The final days before the move they were all eating canned. I just couldn't manage/handle the raw during those last two days at home. We were completely packed and the house was filled with boxes. I was just trying to get anything into the cats that they would eat during that stressful time for them.

The drive to the new home was about an hour and a half. I had all six cats and my two old dogs in the truck along with loads of supplies and other items. It was jammed packed. I had Walden and Wendall in one larger sized crate and the other four in their own crates. I had them positioned right behind my seat and the drivers passenger seat. Perkins was stacked on top of Presley and Perla was in front of Presley. The God awful screams that Presley let out during the trip just broke my heart. Every time we hit a bump in the road and the items in the truck were josled, he screamed like he was being killed. I cried the whole way there. :bawling: Like a baby.... :rolleyes: We were all scared and I was so worried about the cats. Walden and Wendall didn't make a sound. The four P's....................... SCREAMED AND SCREAMED non-stop. It was literally the worst drive of my life. We can never move again. :lol3:

Perla did not eat for almost 36 hours. I finally had to syringe feed her to get her eating. She shivered in fear for the first few days and hid under our bed. The syringe feeding went on for a day and a half. By then, everyone else was back on raw and eating quite well and settling into our new home. All except Perla. Pipsqueak seemed to take over his usual..... MUST BE STRONG AND KEEP EVERYONE IN LINE :soldier: attitude. That caused him more stress and he got sick. I did put him on the Elavil for a few weeks. He is off of that now and doing well. Perla also got sick and her herpetic eye flared. Back on the eyedrops and the Lysine. All is well and all is fine as of this writing, except....................... :princess: PERLA. Has me wrapped around her darling, adorable, little paw once again. :rolleyes:

She is eating absolutely no raw. NOPE. None whatsoever. I was so worried for her after the move and the stress she was under that I have fallen back into really babying her. She requires a private feeding time once again. I also have to follow her around once again begging her to come and eat. She will stay about two feet in front of me rubbing on table legs and couches as I follow her along. Her head held high (wouldn't want to lose that TIARA :flail:). She will finally stop and ALLOW me to pick her up. Into the laundry room we go (my new feeding area for the cats :)). I usually have to open up two cans, maybe three before she picks one. :rolleyes: Most times I am good on the first one. She loves Tiki cat succulent chicken and Instinct Venison, and EVO chicken.

I know this is ridiculous and I will have to get tough with her about this very soon. ( Carolina - If/when you read this.... I DO know what I have to do!!!!! :lol3:) I just don't have the heart and the energy to do it right now. I love that little girl so much and feel so bad for all of the stress she has endured in the days before and after our move. She took it very hard and that was even harder on me to see. :sigh:

NOW FOR A LAUGH!!!!!!!!!!! This is what I look like now followed by the :princess: At least she is looking good. :crackup:

MOMMA, MY HOW YOU HAVE AGED!!!!!!!!!! :lol2:

LOOK HOW BEAUTIFUL I AM. MY MOMMA LOVES ME VERY

Last edited: