A New "Raw"some Beginning... (yup - another one LOL)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:lol3: Lauren, I LOVE your attitude! :hugs: :D
:princess: Perla.... one VERY talented PICKY eater! :lol3:
:lol2: Your tellin' me.... she never ceases to amaze me.

Yes, so happy you can now laugh about it rather than get upset.  I don't think I'd be laughing if I had to wash my walls from having raw lamb on them, however!  But I imagine it was kind of interesting seeing how she did it ;) .  These Divas!  Can't live without 'em!
Yeah - she flung her tongue out of her mouth rather quickly and just splattered the lamb any where other than back in her bowl, of course :lol3:

The cat's were not too hungry for dinner tonight :dk: It is a bit warm here - eighty one degrees and humid. I think they just wanted to nap rather than eat. Of course, Walden and Wendall wanted to eat :rub: :heart3: Perkins as well, he had his HT quail and licked his plate clean :clap::clap::clap:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Finally got to weigh-ins today. Wanted to get this done before I leave on vacation. I am worried, of course, that they will lose weight while I am gone. The four PsIMA are a PI(Krista's)A as well. We will see how it goes. They really don't like canned food at the moment either.... I bought a bunch of Wellness grain free and for some reason, the four fussies are refusing Wellness. They also have recently refused EVO and CORE wet. :dk: I will have an arsenal of foods for the fussies to eat while I am gone. At least they will have the Epigen 24/7. I hate leaving my babies...... :shame: but I really do need this vacation. I just hope everyone stays healthy :cross:

Last weigh in was March 19th.....

PERKINS 14.2 lbs - lost two ounces.
PRESLEY 14.0 lbs - gained 8 ounces :shocker: He looks alright to me though. In fact he looks nice and stocky, just perfect I think.
PERLA 12.2 lbs. - stayed the same
PIPSQUEAK 11.8 - gained two ounces :clap::clap: I am glad because I decided I don't want him to lose any weight. He looks just right to me.
WALDEN 14.4 lbs. - gained two ounces :nono: Momma needs to do better with him :anon:
WENDALL 13.4 lbs - stayed the same

All in all, I am pretty satisfied with how wonderful they all look. Gorgeous, shimmery coats, no shedding to speak of, loads of energy.... Even Perla is so much more accepting of Wendall. I have caught the two of them bird watching side by side. Perla then realized that Wendall was too close for her comfort and gave him a dirty look, a hiss and then a swat. He sulked away :sulk: :lol3: I was actually happy to see that. Perla is much more confident with Wendal now. :clap::clap:

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow Lauren - overall, really pretty nice and stable!!!!! OK - Presley is porking up a bit - but for 6 weeks, really, not so bad! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

And I LOVE hearing about :princess: Perla feeling more confident - and even a bit more tolerant! :eek:

And do TRY to enjoy your vacation! They've got the Epigen, hun - they'll be fine. :nod: :hugs: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Finally got to weigh-ins today. Wanted to get this done before I leave on vacation. I am worried, of course, that they will lose weight while I am gone. The four PsIMA are a PI(Krista's)A as well. We will see how it goes. They really don't like canned food at the moment either.... I bought a bunch of Wellness grain free and for some reason, the four fussies are refusing Wellness. They also have recently refused EVO and CORE wet.

Boy, does THAT sound familiar!  I hate it when I can't find anything they'll eat.  Makes me feel like a very bad momma.

But weigh-ins were awesome!  And how funny about Perla and  Wendall.  I've noticed that Callie isn't taking any guff from the boys around here either.  I think she's found a new confident, but attributed it to Sven being gone.  Maybe it's the raw?  Who knows?  Whatever...even though she's about half his size, Darko backs down whenever she glares at him
.  She's street smart, and apparently he knows it

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow Lauren - overall, really pretty nice and stable!!!!! OK - Presley is porking up a bit - but for 6 weeks, really, not so bad! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And I LOVE hearing about :princess: Perla feeling more confident - and even a bit more tolerant! :eek:
And do TRY to enjoy your vacation! They've got the Epigen, hun - they'll be fine. :nod: :hugs: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:
AW thanks for the positive outlook, as usual :D.... I tend to worry more than I should. I am working on that though :D :D :D
:lol3:

UH and yeah, agreed, Presley is porking out a bit - but boy is he just toooo cute now. I think he is actually at the perfect weight :dk: HE IS MY LITTLE CUDDLE BUG :rub: :heart3:

Boy, does THAT sound familiar!  I hate it when I can't find anything they'll eat.  Makes me feel like a very bad momma.

But weigh-ins were awesome!  And how funny about Perla and  Wendall.  I've noticed that Callie isn't taking any guff from the boys around here either.  I think she's found a new confident, but attributed it to Sven being gone.  Maybe it's the raw?  Who knows?  Whatever...even though she's about half his size, Darko backs down whenever she glares at him :lol3: .  She's street smart, and apparently he knows it :flail:
You know what I bought today... :anon: Fancy Feast... :flail: I just need a back-up for these fussies because I want them to still be getting some wet food and I cannot for the life of me find any canned food that they will readily eat right now :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: other than the "fishy" ones. I can't have them eating fish all week. Tonight I am going over everything with Krista on the phone. I hope she has her pen and paper ready....... poor Krista :lol2: I don't think we are bad mommas though, I think we are helicopter mom's..... hovering, fussing over, worrying ..... :scratch: Might that be the problem here :flail:

YAY for tiny :princess: Callie!!!! YEAH - Perla is getting quite brave and it makes me SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY :jump:

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh forgot to gripe and complain! My Rad Cat order is not here !!! :wife: And it is so hot the last two days. It had better be frozen or someone is going to be "iced" out :mad: :cold: :bat: I hope it comes soon :nervous:

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: Only half of my HT order got here. :dk: (It was shipped in two boxes). It's not hot here today - but is going to be 80-something tomorrow.

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh forgot to gripe and complain! My Rad Cat order is not here !!!
And it is so hot the last two days. It had better be frozen or someone is going to be "iced" out
I hope it comes soon
Something is definitely going on out there in the internet shipping world.  I just saw Laurie's post about only getting half her order, and I ordered from PetFoodDirect last Thursday (a variety of canned for my PIAs) and it's not even due to be delivered until tomorrow!  Usually it comes within 2-3 days. 

So.....just make sure Krista knows to open all boxes and put stuff in the freezer, huh? When are you leaving anyway.  In the morning?

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: Only half of my HT order got here. :dk: (It was shipped in two boxes). It's not hot here today - but is going to be 80-something tomorrow.
That's odd.... because you didn't order that much did you? It should have fit in one box... Well - we both can wait together then :sweat: Mine is not here and I am thinking it will be tomorrow now :(

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Something is definitely going on out there in the internet shipping world.  I just saw Laurie's post about only getting half her order, and I ordered from PetFoodDirect last Thursday (a variety of canned for my PIAs) and it's not even due to be delivered until tomorrow!  Usually it comes within 2-3 days. 

So.....just make sure Krista knows to open all boxes and put stuff in the freezer, huh? When are you leaving anyway.  In the morning?

I don't think they're leaving until Sunday or Monday?
We are leaving early Monday morning. :nervous: The boys are going to the doggie spa on Sunday night. My poor Wilbur... :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: We return on Saturday mid afternoon. I just called Only Natural Pet. They ASSURED me the order will arrive frozen and tomorrow.... They better be right :wife: :cold: :bat:...... :lol3:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow Lauren - overall, really pretty nice and stable!!!!! OK - Presley is porking up a bit - :
You know..... I bet the HT goat is quite fattening :dk:.... Presley has been eating a lot of the goat. He is really the only one who loves the goat other than Walden and Wendall. But Presley gets goat a lot..... I bet that is why he has gained ??!! :lol3: OINK OINK or AAAA AAAAA AAAAAA whatever goats say... :dk: :flail: My brain stopped working ..... I need more salmon :dash:

Last edited:

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Gosh, I would have thought goat would be extremely lean meat.  I mean, really, don't they eat tin cans and stuff like that
.  But, seriously, wouldn't you think it'd be lean.  "course, I'd think the same of sheep, and it's obviously fattening, so what do I know.  (no need to answer, please!)

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know... goat looks pretty rich to me. It may not be as fatty as lamb, but when we ordered the goat legs, they looked a LOT like lamb leg. :nod:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lauren, these are the containers I got for the freezer: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-Stacking-Bin-Clear-Soft-Fern-Set-of-6/17164547 We bought them individually, I only got four. But those handles flip over, and they sit on each other - and the handles make them really easy to pick up. :nod: Our freezer is pretty square, and it fits four stacked - not quite room for another one on top. These actually fit EXACTLY between the edge of the basket and the other side of the freezer - leaving the entire underneath the basket and about 6" in front of the containers - which happens to work really well for storing the packages of HT stuff I have yet to bag up. And Gary and I use the space under the based for our stuff. :lol3: I do think my freezer is larger inside than yours, so I don't know how well they'd work for you. :dk:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have not seen those before.. I was picturing the stackable basket type of containers. Those are just perfect for the RC containers and the HT one pounders :clap::clap::clap: My freeer is a total mess right now. Larry will be happy to have "our" stuff separated from the "cat" stuff :bigthumb: Have to run to Wal Mart anyway tomorrow or Saturday. I will measure my freezer first to see if they will fit nicely in that deep section. I do think your freezer is bigger. IN fact, I will go measure right now! Since the dimension are on that link :clap: 15 1/2 x 12.... be right back :dash:

OK... I just measured my freezer. Those will fit perfectly. That space is just a little over the size of the stackables!!! PERFECTO !!!!!!!!!! :happy3:

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:banana1: :woohoo: RAD CAT ARRIVED this morning!! All rock hard frozen! I am one happy momma. :clap::clap::clap: Next go around I will order the 24 ounce size tubs, more economical. I just didn't think of it until Sally mentioned it :lol3:

HT Pheasant was a home run this morning with my four. They really love the quail and the pheasant. Even Perla cleaned her plate, although her meals are mixed with canned and I have to fortify. She is on a RC Lamb boycott. So will stick to the pheasant with her for the time being. I plan on placing my HT order on my vacation so I will have the meat early in the week that I return home. I am almost out of the pheasant and have no quail. Walden and Wendall enjoyed some HT goat this morning! NUM NUM for those carnies :rub: :heart3:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: I'm so glad it arrived all nice and frozen!!!!!!

I bagged up the HT pheasant last night. Shel was the only one that was interested in tasting it. :lol3: I haven't tried giving it to anyone as a meal yet.

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I had some Primal Quail in the variety pack I bought, and NO ONE would touch it, so I'm hesitant to buy either the Quail OR Pheasant from HT.  I'll be curious, Laurie, if anyone in your household likes it.

Lauren, so glad your Radcat arrived, AND that the HT Pheasant was a hit this morning.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have not tried the Primal Quail either and I think it is in the sample pack that I bought too. I just haven't gotten to trying the Primal yet. I already know the turkey was a huge flop. I will be trying it after my vacation. The HT meat is MUCH MUCH better, by far, then Primal. It looks very, very similar to RC. I just wish I could find more meats that I could just buy locally and not have to order online. So I will try the Primal proteins and see what comes of it. :D