A Holiday Message to All TCS Members

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My heart is overwhelmed at the moment, so please bear with me as I try to say what is on my heart...

During this recent medical crisis, many things have become much clearer to me. I have had to re-evalute my life, in all facets and avenues and have discovered that what is the most important to me does not lie on the monetary end, but more on the emotional end.

The fact that I almost lost Mike, because in part I did not do what a good wife should, and help him with his struggles with weight and diet and instead added to his burden by continuing my own self-destructive eating right alongside with him. And in the end it cost both of us dearly.

It's odd, when I reached out to the woman who brought me into the world, and bared my soul to her about what I was experiencing, I got shot down quickly. It was along the lines of that old adage- "you made your bed, now lie in it." But when I finally reached that point of inner self destruction, and posted here, to people that I have never met, it was responded to with such kindness and private concerns and caring messages that it literally blew me away.

None of you know me, a few have met me, spent time in my home and have seen how I live. But all of you who responded with personal struggles of pain and triumph- you filled my home with your love. You all gave me your special gifts for Christmas, you gave me yourself in every story you passed along. And most importantly you allowed me to find the courage to hold onto Hope.

I would like to thank openly and in no particular order- Liz, Eric, Heidi, Anne, Deb, Tania, Kim, Ryan, Cindy, Stephanie, Pat, Laurie, Gaye, Meagan, Noni, Ann (Cilla) and I know I am forgetting others who have helped me through this time of crisis so forgive me if your name did not get mentioned. I am still a bit brain dead here.

This community of cat lovers, is one of the most caring communities I have ever had the privilege of joining. I hope and pray that all of you, in your own special way can find the time this holiday season to reflect on what you do have, and not concentrate on what you don't. Know that just in being in this life, and sharing your life with loved ones and furry friends, you are ahead of the game.

My heart is overflowing just now. I don't even really know what day it is. I just want all of you know that I appreciate so much your acts and notes of kindness. I am humbled to be among you.

Mike is going in every two days, they put a drain in him and suck all the poisons out of his wound. The antibiotic is finally kicking in and the redness, and heat and infection is dissipating. He is not out of the woods yet, but at least I can see the clearing ahead-

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to a wonderful group of people-

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MA - I am so glad that things are looking brighter for you and for Mike. I know that you are soul mates and the hurt you must feel everyday in seeing him like this must be overwelming. Believe me when I say you give more to me and I am sure many people here then could ever be returned to you. In other words, from this site you reap what you sow! I will continue to pray for you and for Mike (and all of your beloved animals) during the holidays and after. I just want to thank you for everything .

mrsd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She said it so well... I'm glad your load is easing and dawn is coming.
Peace!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MA, you and Mike are still in my thoughts and prayers. May you both have a blessed holiday
. Thank you for being here for us too. You always are when we need you!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well said MA, and our best wishes to you during this holiday season and the upcoming new year. God bless!

bossinova

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
MA- After everything that you have done for the majority of us, and all that you will most likely do in the future, the absolute least we can do is be here for you in your times of need. Yes, most of us don't know you very well, and most have never met you in person, but you have touched each and every one of us in your special way. You have advised in our times of confusion and need, you have comforted in our times of hurt, you have made us laugh when some of us needed it most. I know that I will always feel indebted to you and what you have done for both me and Gypsy. I wish that there was an adequate way to repay you. You are kind, generous, extremely knowledgable and intelligent, and I know that I am blessed to have met you. From what I've experienced and heard about Mike, I have seen that he is a wonderful, gentle man. You both deserve the best, MA. You were there for me in my most difficult times and encouraged me on with the gentle nature that is yours.

You and Mike (and the clan) will continue to be in my prayers. Thank goodness that he finally went into the Dr. and is now realizing how serious this is. And please don't blame yourself. I know you feel like you have encouraged a lifestyle that may be partially responsible, but you are by no means a "bad" wife. You have provided for him in ways that you knew made him happy. That doesn't make you a bad person.

Keep us updated as we are continuously checking for updates. And remember, if you need any help, any kind of help whatsoever (even if it's just someone to talk to), I will always be here for you. Take care of yourself!!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mary Anne, one of the many things that this website and my relationships with people here have taught me - true friendship trandscends physical presence. A person's true character shows through no matter how hard some try to cover it...and yours, my dear friend, shines brightly on this board.

May you and Mike and the crew have a bright holiday season.

dragonlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MA you have been an inspiration to a large number of us. You always continue where many of us may have fallen. Your compassion has just been mirrored back to you. Your kindness and understanding have given us hope when our families have let us down. Many of us regardless of age think of you as a "wise woman" or mentor.

You deserve all the love and kindness you have been shown and your shortcomings just make you all the more human. I feel privileged to know you even if it is just through scribbles on the screen.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MA....I am terribly sorry that I wasn't there for you...I haven't been checking the general board as much as I used to. You have been there for me when I experienced a mental breakdown and needed someone listen. You were there when someone threatened me..you have done soo much and you continue to be an inspiration to me. My prayers and wishes are with you and know this community will never let you down.

Katie

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MA, what you have received back is only a fraction of the caring felt for you here on the forum. You have helped so many of us with wise words and humor. Teresa (Dragonlady) spoke the truth when she said we look on you as a mentor.

Healing blessings to both you and Mike have been sent since I first read your post and will continue to be sent.

Sandy

catfolks

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Merry Christmas & Best Wishes
Mary Anne I have to I am sorry that I have not benn here for you, as everyone knows
I lost my Mother 12-9-2004 Then on 18 I had a 250 serving wedding to cater,this
week I have baked 30-35 cheesecakes so I haven't had a chance to give support
as I should. But we have been praying for Mike & You. I know what it is like to live
with a diabetic(sp) my brain is tired, that I DON"T feed like I should so I am in the same boat.
What is bad when she was first diganosed with it the DR. gave her a diet, I put on just like it was written. Cindy goes back to the DR. for a check up and tells him
that I had her on a bread and water diet and would not let her have the bread.

So I know how that goes.

If I can hepl with the diet let me know I can even tell you how to fry chicken and
such for a low carb diet, make Mashed potoatoes out of cauliflower it is good we
ate it on South Beach Diet if he won't he brussel spouts I DID NOT until I tried
them sauted in Olive Oil then sprinkle with a little Parm. cheese and brown.
I have some foods training if can help PM me or Cindy.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MA, there's nothing that I can say that hasn't been said to you already, and I don't want to be redundant, but what you have said here, and what each one of our members has said to you says a lot about this board and its "core" membership! Please always remember that we love you, and worry about you, even if we haven't ever met you in person. Merry Christmas my friend, and hopefully 2005 will be better !

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MA, I'm so glad things are looking up for you. TCS board magic, in all it's different forms, is a very powerful thing. You give so, so much to all of us here, it is only natural for us to lovingly support you in your hour of need.

Sending lots of vibes for you and Mike.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a recent member so I am only getting to know all of you slowly, but I think joining this forum was one of the best things I ever did. And I can feel Hissy's presence behind all of it. Your personality is a strong one and it reaches out to every corner of the globe. Thank you for helping each and every one of us and I can only hope that in some way our vibes are coming back to you in your hour of need.

Have a happy and peaceful Christmas

yoviher

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Mary Anne, one of the many things that this website and my relationships with people here have taught me - true friendship trandscends physical presence. A person's true character shows through no matter how hard some try to cover it...and yours, my dear friend, shines brightly on this board.

Mary Anne, I had not been posting into your messages on Mike's condition, but I had been constantly lurking them and keeping him in my prayers. Words are not enough, Mary Anne. God bless. You and Mike are in my prayers.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can add nothing that hasn't already been said and I agree with them all. You have been an inspiration to all of us. You never cease to be kind, caring and compassionate. You and Mike are lucky to have found each other and I'm certain he would not want you blaming yourself for anything.

Best wishes and a serene, peaceful, love-filled holiday from our house to yours.

This web site is the greatest and you are a huge part of that success.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MA, you helped me with advice with both Tommy and Sheba when I jopined this forum earlier this year. I didn't give you lots of advise but I consider us friends. As friends help each other out in time of need. I'm glad to read that Mike is getting better. I wish both of you a Merry Christmas.