A dead end with a few ferals here on long island.

cyberkitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Since school is underway - now that it is Sept - can you get your friends and/or classmates to help you? Organize a campaign. Are there teachers who would allow this to be a class project as part of some course? What about neighbours? Would your parents at least give you paper to produce posters and then you could go to various local businesses (esp pet stores or Wal Mart -or any large retailers that sells pet supplies) and ask if you can put posters up on bulletin boards. In mant places in the US, librraies offer rooms for free to organize meetings. What about doing that - getting neighbours and friends, anyone interetsed. There are actualy many resources for organizing - even for the most obscure reason - and this is not obscure, there are many cat lovers and I bet you will find them in your communiy. Call the media - there are resources that reach you how to wtrite a press release and you could do that and send it to each of the local outlets and newspapers and then follow it up with a phone call (once you have a mtg organized or some event in mind). The headline Local Teen Seeks Help for Needy Cats - something along that line - comes to mind.

What about the internet - Meetup.com and other sites. Is there a local commuity place to place public notices. Remember when Lois Gibbs was organizing for Love Canal - she went door to door in her neighbourhood. You are younger and have more time than her (am assuming here you have no part time job). Can you do that to ID people willing to help. Write a questionnaire and show up on the doorstep with a clipboard and ask them if they;d like to help. Sure, you will get doors slammed in your face but you will pleasantly surprised to find out in the end how many WILL help!! For safety reasons, it would be best if you do this kind of thing with someone else though and not alone. And much more fun. Or organize a group of friends some Saturday. Call yourself the West Babylon Feline Friends or think of some catchy name. You reached out to us - I am sure you can reach out to others in your community.

Good luck!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally got a pic of the cat who comes to my backyard, luckily this one is pretty safe in my yard.

And here's it's eye reflection. Not the same color see?

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im going to be calling the SPCA by me tommorow about the stray cats. Im not sure what exactly to say and I need a little help from all of you. I know they do TNR for cats but I know its not safe to let the cat go back there for various reasons, so what can I say to them so they get my point and dont brush me off?

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok conatcted the SPCA, they cant take the cats in, but they gave me some other rescue groups who might be able to help. There is one called "Last Hope", and it only takes in stray/abandoned animals that are leukemia/aids - , and adoptable. So far they seem like what i've been looking for, for a long time! Im calling today and asking questions!