9 Yo Female Not Eating: Ibd? Lymphoma?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sigh. Things are starting to get tough for my baby. Her appetite has been slowly declining for awhile, even with meds and stimulants. She lost a couple pounds in a single month. Since Friday she hasn't really eaten and now she refuses all food. She drinks plenty of water though. Her skin is jaundiced and her urine has become very dark and I know she's probably in liver failure. She still wants to cuddle and purr very much.

She doesn't seem to be in a lot of pain, just uncomfortable. I'm staying home with her as much as I can to make sure she isn't suffering or having seizures. Not sure if I should ask the vet about pain killers. I had given bupenorphrine before, but it really made her groggy and dizzy. I'm afraid with a compromised liver it might be worse. I may have to make a difficult decision soon and I really dread that. My vet doesn't do in-home euthanasia, and I just really don't want her last moments to be in the place she hates more than anywhere in the world.

It's amazing how knowing this was coming makes zero difference on how it feels when the time comes. You still hope for last minute miracles and patches to buy some time. But the miracles aren't coming and the patches aren't working and it's just the worst.

Sorry to be a drag. Just had to let off a little pressure.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry. :grouphug:

This is really sad news. You couldn't be more right that knowing or preparing ahead of time making no difference. Because then there's still hope. I wish there was something that could be done for her. :frown:

I would still opt for a mobile vet if you could, but only if you know of one who is very kind and compassionate.

We are here for you. Keep us in the loop as frequently as you feel the need to talk. Hugs to you both.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ruby lost her battle last night around 7:30. She had been struggling for the past couple days and she was fighting so hard. Friday night she had gotten up in the middle of the night and hid under a bed and I knew the end was coming soon. By Saturday afternoon she could no longer walk or support her own weight, so I held her and comforted her as much as I possibly could until the end. I am devastated but glad her suffering is no more and glad she passed in my arms.

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Omg I'm so so sorry! Many hugs to you. Those first days are hard. Please talk to us about dear Ruby whenever you need to. We all certainly understand the pain you are going through.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear this. You did everything you could for darling Ruby but I know that doesn't help much with the grief you are feeling now. She was so lucky to have you watching out for her. Passing in your loving arms was a gift valuable beyond words. Again, I am so, so sorry.

RIP dear Ruby.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I am so, very, very sorry.. ((Hugs)))

Ruby one you loved her ~~ with all your heart and soul. She loved you in return. You did as much as anyone could do, in this situation, to show her love--yes, unconditional love..

There is a special spot in Heaven reserved for you, and Ruby will be waiting to greet you there. I know it. You did so much for her.

Please know that we are all here, sharing in your pain.. and in your love..for without love, there is no pain.. If there is pain in loss, then you know you succeeded in finding true love.. and Ruby was and is true love.

Ruby will always be with you.. in your heart and soul.. her presence is forever...

Please take some time for yourself.. cry, scream, just remember Ruby...

We love her as much as we love you...

(((Hugs)))

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
So very sorry to read this news. We'll close the thread for further comments now and we invite you to post a tribute to Ruby in our Crossing the Bridge forum. Crossing the Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.