80's Movie Challenge

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
No Top Gun (because Tom Cruise makes my skin crawl)
:yeah: You took the words right out of my mouth - not a fan of Tom Cruise either.

I've seen 18 of the movies. I always like any movie directed by John Hughes since I'm from the Chicago area and recognize many of the film locations, e.g. Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Breakfast Club. Another 80's movie he directed which I liked was Uncle Buck.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I see the creep factor later in Tom Cruise. I think maybe it is knowing the whole thing about his involvement in Scientology. At the time that I seen Top Gun I didn't know about that, didn't even know much at all about Scientology. At the time he wasn't a favorite of mine because he was what I call a 'pretty boy'. Too perfect looking.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I see the creep factor later in Tom Cruise. I think maybe it is knowing the whole thing about his involvement in Scientology. At the time that I seen Top Gun I didn't know about that, didn't even know much at all about Scientology. At the time he wasn't a favorite of mine because he was what I call a 'pretty boy'. Too perfect looking.
For me, it is not the Scientology stuff. There is just something about him. I waited years before I finally watched Top Gun; probably the only film of his I have seen.

I do not think he is a good actor, got by on his 'looks', and the Scientology People promoting him.
Personally, I do not feel he is good looking at all... not at all... and his Ego seems to come across.. perhaps that is it.

There is just something about him... creeps me out...
I have never seen any of the Mission Impossible films. I prefer the originals.

I could never understand his marriage to Nicole Kidman.

DownTheLane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
10 I know for sure I've seen. For the rest I might have been too young or uninterested 😅 I've seen some talk about the ratings of these movies and I guess my parents were very lax about that😂 I've watched all of them in the 2000's, I'm pretty sure.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
:yeah: You took the words right out of my mouth - not a fan of Tom Cruise either.

I've seen 18 of the movies. I always like any movie directed by John Hughes since I'm from the Chicago area and recognize many of the film locations, e.g. Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Breakfast Club. Another 80's movie he directed which I liked was Uncle Buck.
I love John Hughes movies. The 80's would not be the 80's without his movies. Just a shame he was taken from us so soon. 🙁

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I’ve seen pieces of almost all of them; but I think I’ve only seen The Karate Kid all the rest through properly. DH watched all the Star Warts movies in chronological order with the kids and then the Indiana Jones ones. I usually read while they watch movies or tv shows.