8 Y/O Kitty rear legs are very weak

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrsbkosta

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry for the delay in getting back. All great posts. Thank you very much. Finally got a hold of the vet today. I brought up all these points and we discussed.  The metacam is given in very small doses to cats so that it isn't an issue with cats.  Im told the dosage is so small and the other vet wouldn't give the cat that med if the blood tests showed any type of kidney issues.  

Because our cat seems back to normal we agreed that there is no need to continue giving the meds to her. 

As for the deficiency issues the vet has heard of all of them and assured me that due to the food we are feeding Dee and the tests that came back we shouldn't need to supplement her diet with anything.  She has told us to monitor her for the next few days to see how Dee reacts and go from there. 

The vet told me cats sometimes have small strokes or seizures that can wear off and that may be what had happened.  Its very weird that Sweet dee is totally 100% now.  

Were still worried but we are going to just monitor for now and hope everything is fine.  

smokem

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yeah..thats what we do with humanswhen no consensus is reached .

and her labs were normal,so..curious.thiamine info is welcome and interesting.Again any chance she got into something toxic??

Plants?Chemicals? you know something time limited introduced orally or topically,rather than a disease process?

Bears watching...