8 Sick Foster Kittens.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like the albon is working. It also sounds like they have suffered a mean case of coccidia, but are beginning to turn the corner. :)

Karen77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm starting to think they have distemper. I've noticed a few biting their back legs and tail. Sigh but I think the worst is over. No vomiting. Their appetite was great today they are eating more than usually following me around until I put them up. Their energy seems great. Some of their poop is still runny but not as liquidy if that makes sense.
I cannot believe I’m discussing cat poop consistency here, but when our foster had the runs from worms we knew he was getting better when it looks like soft serve ice cream rather than pure liquid. Just FYI, even after he was better he did need another round of dewormer of a different kind because he apparently had the most stubborn worms ever. I don’t know why, but some of them seem to need multiple treatments.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arudam

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just wanted to give an update. Here's all 8 of my fosters! All have recovered from coccidia all are eating solids. The little orange one looking up is the smallest and the one who has a constant need to nurse it wasn't until today that he tried solid food which I'm so happy about out of all the types of food I have offered them he decided that a plain scrambled egg was the best. I think they are around 5 weeks. Doing great! Thanks for all the help!

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, how sweet! :redheartpump:

So glad to hear they have recovered and are doing well! :)