8-9 Month Old Kitten is Pregnant (Help Required!)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that calling them up sometime soon won't cut it.  You don't have any time to lose.  Your cat has been bleeding for an extended period of time and you have a fully grown baby that you'd described as huge.  Do not wait until this is an emergency to have a plan.

wendydelmo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Naomi bled like that after she had 9 kittens...the last one died, being born 36 hours after the last one. I took her to the vet, and they also told me the bleeding was normal.....it wasnt, and she fell ill a few days later. Thankfully, after iv antibiotics she was ok, but I will agree with everyone else. If your gut is telling you something is wrong, it probably is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halliethekitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
UPDATE 3:

Hallie, today, has been leaking this clear fluid from one of her areas. I'm unable to pinpoint which exactly, for I hadn't gone up too close, but I suspect it is from her vulva. I saw it dripping out onto her tail when she laid down for a belly rub. I grabbed a tissue and gently wiped it off to further inspect. It's completely clear and odour-less. She's wet just about the entire spot on the couch, a big pool on the floor, and the table. She was constantly lapping at her area and wherever the liquid went. For a moment, I had thought that I dropped some water.. Could this be her water breaking? She's had no contractions, although at times I can feel the kitten moving around/kicking. Now she's just laying down nearby.

halliethekitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Is this still going on with no contractions?
Yes. It's gone on ever since that post. Also, in larger quantities. There appears to be little yellow particles in the clear fluid. The blood is also consistent and in large puddles, though not dark. It appears lighter and more watery in colour. Perhaps they may seem larger because she's been sitting in those spots for awhile and with me, napping.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I'm not sure what anyone else can say to you.  This sounds like a clear indicator to me that labor will not be progressing on its own.  I really, really advise you to speak to a vet who will be willing to perform a c-section sooner than a week from now.  This is certainly an emergency if she is leaking amniotic fluid.  

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Again, please see my post number 67.  

This is an emergency.  It has been an emergency.

If that much amniotic fluid is coming out, there is nothing for the kitten to survive in.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The yellow is from the mucus plug. I hope the kitten is okay. You should consult a vet.

Last edited:

krissy marissy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think it'll be a miracle at this point if she delivers a healthy baby safely. None of that seems normal, or at least not what we see on TCS.

halliethekitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
UPDATE 4:

Guys! She delivered the kitten successfully no problem in less than an hour! It's a boy! He looks healthy and is currently attempting to latch onto a teak. She's happily grooming him and herself. I'm so happy right now. Turns out she didn't need another visit or c-section, eh? Thank you all for your help and concerns! Will post pictures, soon.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Congrats! You are lucky indeed. Thank goodness it's over and baby is healthy. This was a very frightening experience.

halliethekitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Congrats! You are lucky indeed. Thank goodness it's over and baby is healthy. This was a very frightening experience.
Thank you! It was very frightening. The two are currently huddled up together by my side on the bed. I will, however, go to vet as soon as possible to make sure all is going well with them. They seem to be doing good.