7 week old kitten meowing loudly and throwing up milk solids. Please help

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
At least, Pyrantel poamate can be used this early.
In his age, you can use almost any dewormer, unless he is very weak.

What Im thinking on. Many kittens has roundworms, and thus deworming is almost automatic, even if its seldom great hurry. But if they were at any moment flea infested, he can also have tape worms, and thus, could need an all round dewormer...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dheeksha

Black Cats are full of love ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If it is viral, metronidazole will not work. It will just need to run its course. Be sure he stays hydrated in the meantime, and hold the metronidazole for now. You can give it if you really need to.
I don't think it is viral because except these three( mama cat and kittens) all my other cats are normal. I guess it is parasites because mama cat is having diarrhoea ever since I adopted her and she is constantly hungry despite eating 3-4 times more than she actually needs but she looks so thin. I thought of deworming her few weeks back but vet told me not to as she is currently nursing. He also didn't recommend metronidazole as kittens were too young. He only prescribed probiotics then. Now almost all the vets are prescribing metronidazole. But my point is they hardly increased 200 grams since the past two weeks. They are 52 days old now and weighs only 600 grams.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They are 7 weeks but only the size of 5 week olds. I think you need to give the metronidazole to them so they can get well. Mama cat needs it too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dheeksha

Black Cats are full of love ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are 7 weeks but only the size of 5 week olds. I think you need to give the metronidazole to them so they can get well. Mama cat needs it too.
Any updates on the babies?
They are doing fine... Gave metronidazole to both mama and kittens.. Their diarrhoea has been controlled. But mama cat is still very hungry all the time. I'll deworm them after 3 days.