66 days pregnant (roughly)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Absolutely wait for mom to go back into labor. She will likely have it when both she and the kitten are ready. This happens quite a lot. It’s not at all unusual. In fact, the kitten may need the extra time to finish developing, especially if this kitten was conceived a few days later.

I’m a strong believer that Mother Nature knows best. As stated, if she is in no distress, there’s no need to go back to the vet for a forced induction with Oxytocin, or worse, a C-section, unless it becomes truly necessary. Let the vet know you’ll wait for now.

C CatMum89

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatMum89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Help!!! Mum cat eventually had the 3rd kitten on her own thank goodness, but the new addition won't suckle, it just seems tired and uninterested (the one with the black dot) also, this one has been very vocal and mum cat seems to be pushing it away with her nose sometimes as I think the meowing is stressing her out. I don't know what to do
IMG-20220902-WA0006.jpg

HeyKat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Try putting a little bit of honey on the weak one's gums. It may give kitten the energy it needs to suckle.

If that doesn't work, you may have to get kitten formula and syringe feed it yourself.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is hungry. Being born may have took too long and made him weak. Yes, honey on the gums helps, it may need a little strength to suckle. Get a syringe, any clean dropper will do, and drop a tiny amount of warm KMR,kitten replacement milk, at any farm supply store or Walmart, a drop at a time in the side of it's mouth. Kitten must be tummy down,be careful it doesnt aspirate. Go slow. Try to get it to latch on to mom, that would be best.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hello C CatMum89 . You’ve received very good advice above. Please heed it. If you have no formula use honey water until you get formula. Kitten needs sustenance. Put kitten to a nipple after giving honey water. Please update!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatMum89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Little update, I'd fell asleep and woke up at around 1.30am, and the newest addition was latched on, so I'm not worried about it now, I will continue to monitor their weight just to make sure