64/65 Days Pregnant....the Anticipation Is Real!!but Butt Scooting?!

CalicoBaby07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_3589.JPG Hi everyone....I have a 2 year old calico name Baby who is having her second litter. During a Christmas gathering on Dec. 23rd, she saw an opportunity to sneak out for the night, so of course, she did. She returned within 24 hours and a few weeks later, I noticed the growing belly.

She's always been a fairly small cat. This time around, she is huge! Her first litter produced 5 kittens. I allowed my kids to keep 1, my neighbor took 2 and my brother took 2, so we get to see them often. Thankfully I know many cat lovers who have already called their dibs on this litter. After the kittens have been weaned, she's going to get spayed. :)

Anyhow...the last two days she been running her butt across my floor. Today it's been nonstop!! I've checked her behind and she is clean down there. I'm worried about maybe worms or something. Can this effect her kittens? I'm hoping it's just the pressure of the kittens causing her to do this. She's constantly licking herself and just laying around. Mainly on the cold floor and table. She's staying away from all nesting places I've created so I'm sure she's just going to have them where she pleases. She's eaten a little and still drinking water like normal. At what point do I become concerned if she hasn't had her babies? Any certain amount of days?

(I'm secretly hoping she pops these babies out shortly after I post this thread :blush:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CalicoBaby07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you.

She is now laying on her side and lifting her leg and straining. She seems really relaxed though. :)

CalicoBaby07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful girl, I'd contact a vet to ask really. and PLEASE get her spayed, whether or not they have great homes it does mean your taking away good homes from other kitties in need. And if the other kitten that you kept isnt fixed yet I would also get that kitten fixed. A second litter can be much larger then the first litter. Please also make sure everyone who is getting a kitten is also getting that kitten fixed by 4 months old.

CalicoBaby07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! Yes, Otis, the male we kept is fixed. Certainly ensuring they all will be fixed as well. So many cats needing homes makes me sad.

Beautiful girl, I'd contact a vet to ask really. and PLEASE get her spayed, whether or not they have great homes it does mean your taking away good homes from other kitties in need. And if the other kitten that you kept isnt fixed yet I would also get that kitten fixed. A second litter can be much larger then the first litter. Please also make sure everyone who is getting a kitten is also getting that kitten fixed by 4 months old.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
How is she doing now? By my count, she is 65 days pregnant. The average gestation length in cats is 64 days, with 62-67 days being the normal range, so she’s right in there! The training could be due to the contractions, so the kittens should be really close, if they haven’t arrived already. Please do keep us updated!

CalicoBaby07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Still no kittens... she is however looking more alert and hiding in small spaces. I've given in and opened up my closet as this is where she had her first litter.

This morning, she is very vocal and trying to pull my Otis by the back of his neck. Otis is about 10 pounds and when I try to have her release herself from him it's not easy. She won't stop though. Do I separate her from him? She seems like she's trying to get him to go upstairs with her.... I'm unsure of what to do. :(

How is she doing now? By my count, she is 65 days pregnant. The average gestation length in cats is 64 days, with 62-67 days being the normal range, so she’s right in there! The training could be due to the contractions, so the kittens should be really close, if they haven’t arrived already. Please do keep us updated!

CalicoBaby07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_3602.JPG
She's had 5. :)

She has come out and went to the litter box and then started the whole trying to pull Otis again. He's been staying away and giving her distance....she got onto him pretty good and it took me a couple minutes to get her off of him. I'm hoping she stops because the two of them have never not gotten along.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww cute babies. Just keep them seperated so she should have her own room that is blocked with either a baby gate or some type of barrier. She is just protecting her babies so she will be very aggressive towards him. Once the kittens are older she will be less protective over them and once she is spayed that can help with aggression as well

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm happy to hear they were born OK. I kept checking your thread to see how it turned out. They are adorable!!!

A room to themselves should help mom feel secure and help her raise the babies. Plus once the kittens start crawling around it will help contain the cute minions.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Otis, he must be wondering what he has done wrong. Could it be that she wants him with her taking care of the kitties? When was he fixed? Was he present at the time of her previous pregnancy?

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful little family! She still has a lot of hormones ruling her right now, and keeping her babies safe from even imagine threats is a result of this. It will get better over ttime and poor Otis will be welcomed once more in the future.