53 days pregnant with discharge?

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Honestly I do not know what is going on but I am sure that orange coming out of the anus is not normal.  Even if it came out of the vaginal area, orange would definitely not be normal... the mucus plug is often greenish.  it can also be yellow or creamish, but would not be orange.  

I would contact your vet. Sorry to not be able to offer more specific help I have never seen or experienced anything like this. Cats mouths being open for prolonged periods of time also isn't normal and is probably a warning sign of some kind.

Last edited:

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Honestly I do not know what is going on but I am sure that orange coming out of the anus is not normal.  Even if it came out of the vaginal area, orange would definitely not be normal... the mucus plug is often greenish.  it can also be yellow or creamish, but would not be orange.  

I would contact your vet. I have never seen or experienced anything like this.
the article said the mucus plug s/b clearish.

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

the article said the mucus plug s/b clearish.
They do vary and there can be a range of normal but the best way to describe it is probably as 'tinted'.  It is not like a neon green or yellow  and it's not opaque but it it but mucus looking (maybe obviously) so sort of see-through, usually in my experience with a tint of yellow or green.  You can google pictures which can probably give a clearer picture than I can

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well she is about 62 days prego now, and I suspect is going to go into active labor fairly soon.

The perched open mouth is okay as long as you don't see any distressed breathing along with the open mouth, causing us to think she is experiencing a problem.

As @tulosai  mentions, the mucous plus really does vary from cat to cat, and wouldn't bother too much about the color either, that is of course unless it is bloody red or rancid smelling.

Looks like she will be delivering soon!

Last edited:

catluvr101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good luck and hope you have a healthy litter and momma cat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missrudie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She was breedednon the 25 n 26 of april so shes 64 days now. There hasnt been any discharge since and seems like shes settled down now. Im going to ring the vets normal hours butbits to early atm in uk. I will let u know what the vet says thank you for al your help

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Really, she's right on target for a perfectly normal labor and delivery in the next few days. My cat went 68 days. Give it time! :)

missrudie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think todays going to be the day shes meowing in a low voice like on heat her belly has been goin really hard like contractions so i think over nxt couple hours kitten 1 will be here x excited!!

missrudie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her contractions are 4 mins apart atm

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You will have kittens soon! :) keep us posted on how she is doing!

missrudie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mitsy has had 5 healthy kittens this morning all are good and mum is doing well so proud of her!!! I actually cried!! Very very proud grandma at 25 hahaha thank you for all the help and support from everyone on here xxx one last question am i ok to go out for a couple of hours or should i stay in with her and kittens?? Xx

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aww. Congratulations, Grandma! You can go out for a couple of hours. Just leave mom with nourishment, and check her when you return. :)

missrudie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yh all are nursing well and will do thank you xx

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Perfect 

As you spend time with them and become familiar with them each individually, just watch for a few things.

One is of course if someone is not nursing, or if mom is not staying with them often enough.

Watch for one single kitten who is off by itself away from mom and sibs.

Watch to find the smallest kitten, as there is almost always a small one, this will be the baby you will watch more than the others, as the smaller ends up with the least milk producing nipple, which often causes failure to thrive, but there is time for this in the days to come.

Congrats!

missrudie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is there anything i can get to help mitsy with milk dont want her drying up or anything ? Xx

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sweet babies! She won't dry up, but high quality wet food, kitten chow, water, and a dish a day of KMR to drink should help her produce high quality milk! :)