5 week old kitten looks like she's only 2 weeks old

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danu25

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I spoke with Dr. G this morning and told him Ellie is doing a lot better today, playing up a storm. I did tell him Ellie does not want to eat wet food anymore. All she wants is to eat off of momma. However, when mommas stomach is acting up she does not want to feed them. So he said to try kaopectate for mommas stomach.

Any ideas on how to get Ellie to eat wet food? I have tried difference kinds.

paulthecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My experience is unique because my kitty was an obsessive groomer, but when Molly wouldn't eat wet food I mixed it with powder kitten milk and smoothed it on her front feet. She cleaned her paws off then became interested in the plate next to her. It took a couple times of putting it on her feet for her to realize she wanted to eat the wet food from the plate. Give it a try see if it works on Ellie [emoji]128522[/emoji]

danu25

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So Ellie evidently likes the Nutro perfect portions. She ate almost an entire tsp.

We also found out that she has a biological brother that has been being bottle fed. I have attached a picture of him. He weighs 1.2 pounds which is exactly what Ellie weighed this morning.

danu25

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Another foster took him and has decided to keep him.

danu25

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So Ms. Ellie went to the vet today. She now weighs 1.3lbs and the coccidia is gone. Dr. G wants to see to see her in 2 weeks to check on her development.

Here is a picture of her yawning. I love this picture.

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
Yay!  I hope she is now on her way to normal kittenhood.  Bless her, she has been through a lot to be so teeny tiny!

danu25

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Miss Ellie has now decided at 7 weeks she no longer wants to be black. Her fur is turning gray.

I also have a question. Ellie seems to be constipated and is passing bright red bloody stool, which look like littl crystals. Any idea?

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow, what a difference!  She is such a cutie pie.  I don't know about the constipation issue, hopefully someone will jump in that is experienced.  I just love the difference I can see in her!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
danu25 danu25

Oh my, she needs to see a vet asap. Please take in a stool sample. She has either an intestinal infection or a parasite, and needs meds to treat it.

Last edited:

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Miss Ellie has now decided at 7 weeks she no longer wants to be black. Her fur is turning gray.

I also have a question. Ellie seems to be constipated and is passing bright red bloody stool, which look like littl crystals. Any idea?
Blood in anyone's stool - human or animal - is not a good sign. She needs a vet.

danu25

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am taking in a sample today. She did eventually go and it was normal, no blood.

Oh my, she needs to see a vet asap. Please take in a stool sample. She has either an intestinal infection or a parasite, and needs meds to treat it.[/quote]

danu25

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here is a picture i took of Ellie today. You can see how her color is changing. Up under 2 weeks ago she was cold black. Not anymore.

Sorry for the way she is positioned, we were holding her and she was squirming to get down and play.