5 month old? Pregnant?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ashley1984

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As relaxed as they are while looking thru the glass hopefully the introduction will be smooth How old is your male? I would think the female would be safer inside Just watch their interactions for a while If you take your new kitty to the vet they can tell you for sure if she is pregnant Also its free to scan for a chip just in case she has an owner who is looking for her
Perfect! Thank you!!!!

Ashley1984

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kittens are always fun. Once, I took a female cat in from -3 weather and didn't know that she was pregnant until she started to show two weeks later. Growing up, the pets in my life had always been fixed. I know its not right but I had so much fun seeing newborn kittens again with their cub ears and high pitch mews. They look like hamsters. And yes, they all got homes and she got spayed. :)
Yes, you know the oddest thing is that i didnt think anything about it at all until my 9 year old said he was hold her and her boobs look like she has kittens. He doesnt even know a lot about the birds and the bees. Anyhow I was like really? So i went and held her and and looked and i was like wow that is odd that she nipples are really long. Not pink but long so i started researching (im totally inexperienced with any pregnancy but the ones Ive personally had) about pregnant cats and what the nipples look like. Then i found you all :-). Are female cat usually larger nipples then boys?

Ashley1984

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is day 6. I have some better pictures of her belly and her teats to find out more info on if she is pregnant or if she possibly had a litter already. She hasnt had any leakage or swollen glands just protruding teats and very scarce hair around them as you can see from her black fur and the belly. Also a question about her ear and what may have happened to it?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I really have little experience with pregnant or post-pregnant cats. However, the first thing that came to my mind, when I read it and looked at the pics, was that she already had a litter!

Can't offer anything about her ear - can't see enough in that pic to decipher what you might think is wrong with it.

Ashley1984

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. I really have little experience with pregnant or post-pregnant cats. However, the first thing that came to my mind, when I read it and looked at the pics, was that she already had a litter!

Can't offer anything about her ear - can't see enough in that pic to decipher what you might think is wrong with it.
Thank you! I appreciate it.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She looks very young and she looks pregnant, so probably her first litter. The nipples do not appear used. A vet check and x-ray can confirm pregnancy and approximately how far along she may be. Thanks for taking her in!

Ashley1984

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She looks very young and she looks pregnant, so probably her first litter. The nipples do not appear used. A vet check and x-ray can confirm pregnancy and approximately how far along she may be. Thanks for taking her in!
Thank you for your comment. I have had cats all my life but i have never had one that was not spayed or neutered. I definitely need to get her fixed if she isnt pregnant ASAP. What does a typical exam for babies cost in todays world?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vet prices vary wildly. If you don't already have a favorite vet, call around to ask different clinics what their prices are.

If she's not very far along and you don't want to or can't afford to raise kittens, she can still be spayed, which would terminate the pregnancy. If you do want and can care for a litter of kittens, start feeding her kitten food now so she can build up her nutrients for the babies.

I don't think she's very young, just a petite girl. Probably 7 or 8 months old.

Usually they don't start losing the fur around their nipples until fairly late in the pregnancy, so maybe she'll give birth soon. Maybe there's only one or two kittens in there and that's why she isn't showing much.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
She is moving along, her tummy is much fuller. I doubt that she has had a litter in the past as she looks very young. You really don't need vet care at the moment, just have one lined up if anything should go wrong.
Please keep sending pictures. :)

Ashley1984

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is moving along, her tummy is much fuller. I doubt that she has had a litter in the past as she looks very young. You really don't need vet care at the moment, just have one lined up if anything should go wrong.
I took some more this morning. Im still trying to figure it out. Im just thinking is it all in my head bit her tummy is more round. I will upload some more pics today. How far along do you think she is?

Ashley1984

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here are some from a few minutes ago and earlier this morning.

Attachments

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are some from a few minutes ago and earlier this morning.

She is getting a full tummy on her. :) Probably about 35 days along. I am so glad you took her in, its not easy for female cats to give birth outside in the elements.

Ashley1984

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is getting a full tummy on her. :) Probably about 35 days along. I am so glad you took her in, its not easy for female cats to give birth outside in the elements.
I
That is good to know! Thank you 💜. I love animals i found what i thought was an injured bird yesterday on our window outside. I saw its mom and dad in the tree its a big baby.

Animals lately have been gravitating to our home. It must be the Spirit that lives here with us too. Animals are smart 💚💜🌸

Attachments

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would get her to the vet asap. The vet can estimate her age for you. If she's 9 months+ she should be fine but if she's only 5-6 months old then is a much higher risk for complications with kittens. You wanna get the vet check asap and xrays as you will have to talk with the vet about potential risks if she is too young. If she's only 5 months old honestly I would spay her if she's not too far along as it takes a large toll on their young bodies. :(

Ashley1984

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would get her to the vet asap. The vet can estimate her age for you. If she's 9 months+ she should be fine but if she's only 5-6 months old then is a much higher risk for complications with kittens. You wanna get the vet check asap and xrays as you will have to talk with the vet about potential risks if she is too young. If she's only 5 months old honestly I would spay her if she's not too far along as it takes a large toll on their young bodies. :(
Thank you so much. I appreciate your advice.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much. I appreciate your advice.
That is true about really young cats having a harder time giving birth to kittens than the older females. I had one who had difficulties because the kittens were too big for her to push through, but then I had another young one who sailed through delivery. I guess it depends on the cat. Wouldn't hurt to have her looked at by a vet.

I am wondering if she will have black kittens. I take it no one knows who dad is. :)

Ashley1984

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is true about really young cats having a harder time giving birth to kittens than the older females. I had one who had difficulties because the kittens were too big for her to push through, but then I had another young one who sailed through delivery. I guess it depends on the cat. Wouldn't hurt to have her looked at by a vet.

I am wondering if she will have black kittens. I take it no one knows who dad is. :)
I have no idea she just showed up a week and a day ago and followed us to the house

I have no idea, literally she just appeared on our property 8 days ago and was starving, she left and came back the next day because she knew we had food. She has stayed here ever since. The only cats around here i have ever seen are like 1/4 of a mile down the street this lady has like 12 but they are all older and fixed. None are black. 😁

Ashley1984

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is your plan to let her have kittens or to spay/terminate? You have not said.
I didnt want to have anyone judge me or say i should do this or that, I give my kids the same treatment I do my catkids. That means, if one of my kids came home pregnant or got someone pregnant at a juvenile age (not that it would happen because they are very sheltered) I would keep the baby and deal with trials along the way. So im willing to take the risk and let the cat go to term then to have innocent blood shed because there maybe a possibility of complications. I do realize that there are many cats on the streets. Im not trying to breed them. Im just trying to figure out my next step. Get her fixed ASAP and that means if she pregnant after she has her babies. Then i will try to find them good homes and proceed with spaying her. Im an advocate for life in every way except when it comes to using things for food. Like chickens etc. I think to abort something is heartless. I have read some of the threads on here and im not trying to upset anyone just take care of something God breathed life into. Either way Im happy to help. I will not be taking her to the vet until i find a reasonable one. They are very knowledgeable and also very expensive. I didnt go out seeking a cat the cat found us and I will never let anyone go hungry who shows up to my house. I hope this makes sense :-). I also have read up on cats who are very young having kittens and the complications. Im hoping for the best.