5 month old? Pregnant?

Ashley1984

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, i have a cat thay is about 4-5 months old. She has just came to us recently about 4 nights total now. I heard what i thought was a kitten crying and called the kitten (I didn't want it to die stuck in any of our big trees that have been here for like 80 years) I wanted to make sure it was okay, she followed us to our house without calling and she never left. We decided we are keeping her but need to know if she is pregnant based off the fact she has elongated white nipples no pink or redness. Also she has no saggy tummy as if she has had a litter before. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Its hard to tell without seeing a close up of her tummy. She's awfully cute with her big round eyes. There have been some incidences where cats have gotten pregnant at four months, I actually took in such a cat. However it would be pushing it to think that at four-five months this would be her second litter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ashley1984

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Most kittens don't go into heat until 6 months old. Can you share a picture?
I added some pictures to the bottom of the thread that are her underside. Super visible.

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
I added some pictures to the bottom of the thread that are her underside. Super visible.

Oh wow, I just saw those, thank you for posting them. Yes, she sure looks like she is pregnant. Are you sure she's not lying about her age? :)

Ashley1984

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh wow, I just saw those, thank you for posting them. Yes, she sure looks like she is pregnant. Are you sure she's not lying about her age? :)
Lol i have no idea its just in person she seems to have a very tiny head. I have had many cats its just we always had them fixed and I have never had a cat pregnant before. Are you pretty sure her tummy looks not too big and bigger then 4 days ago because all i do is feed her she was starving when she came here

Sylvia Jones

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Poor baby I’m so glad she found you It looks like you have another cat They don’t seem upset seeing each other? She looks long and lean to me Not sure about pregnancy

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol i have no idea its just in person she seems to have a very tiny head. I have had many cats its just we always had them fixed and I have never had a cat pregnant before. Are you pretty sure her tummy looks not too big and bigger then 4 days ago because all i do is feed her she was starving when she came here

No, her tummy doesn't look very big at all- she looks very healthy. Thank you for taking her in. I could be completely wrong about her pregnancy and I will be happy if I am- as I am sure you will be too. It just would be strange if she is a female cat, of a certain age, found wandering outside during the start of kitten season and she wasn't pregnant. Lets hope for strange here.

Ashley1984

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Poor baby I’m so glad she found you It looks like you have another cat They don’t seem upset seeing each other? She looks long and lean to me Not sure about pregnancy
I do have another cat he has be neutered. I just dont want to compromise her if she is pregnant and they dont get alone. I want her safe so until i find out if she is pregnant i wont bring her in due to the potential pf them having issues. Would it be okay? Im just worried about her.

Ashley1984

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, her tummy doesn't look very big at all- she looks very healthy. Thank you for taking her in. I could be completely wrong about her pregnancy and I will be happy if I am- as I am sure you will be too. It just would be strange if she is a female cat, of a certain age, found wandering outside during the start of kitten season and she wasn't pregnant. Lets hope for strange here.
YES! Although it would be great education for my 9 5 and 2 year old kids. She is a great cat 😁😁😁

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your cat looks pregnant, and is likely more like 9 or 10 months old. Cats begin to show around the fifth week, so you’ll know for sure when her sides begin to get round. Glad your male is neutered.

If / when she does have kittens, your children should not handle them the first 3 weeks.

Ashley1984

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your cat looks pregnant, and is likely more like 9 or 10 months old. Cats begin to show around the fifth week, so you’ll know for sure when her sides begin to get round. Glad your male is neutered.

If / when she does have kittens, your children should not handle them the first 3 weeks.
Okay thank you so much for all this information. I definitely will make sure they dont touch them at all for the first 3 weeks.

Sylvia Jones

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
As relaxed as they are while looking thru the glass hopefully the introduction will be smooth How old is your male? I would think the female would be safer inside Just watch their interactions for a while If you take your new kitty to the vet they can tell you for sure if she is pregnant Also its free to scan for a chip just in case she has an owner who is looking for her

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
YES! Although it would be great education for my 9 5 and 2 year old kids. She is a great cat 😁😁😁

Kittens are always fun. Once, I took a female cat in from -3 weather and didn't know that she was pregnant until she started to show two weeks later. Growing up, the pets in my life had always been fixed. I know its not right but I had so much fun seeing newborn kittens again with their cub ears and high pitch mews. They look like hamsters. And yes, they all got homes and she got spayed. :)