5 month old? Pregnant?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your answer is that you will let her have kittens if she is already pregnant. Makes sense - this should put an end to those telling you to spay now. No one is judging you!

However, you have asked more than once if we think your cat is pregnant, and we have told you more than once that we think she is, however young she may be.

You are letting nature take its course, which I understand. I have previously suggested a vet check and x-ray, and if you’ve also chosen to forego that, then it’s a matter of waiting it out to see what happens

It seems this is your choice, since it’s a stray who has adopted you, so just keep us posted on how things go in the next few weeks, and thanks for taking her in and feeding and caring for her.

Once her litter weans, you will definitely need to get her spayed. As things crop up and you have questions, we will be here to answer. Best of luck moving forward!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ashley1984

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your answer is that you will let her have kittens if she is already pregnant. Makes sense - this should put an end to those telling you to spay now. No one is judging you!

However, you have asked more than once if we think your cat is pregnant, and we have told you more than once that we think she is, however young she may be.

You are letting nature take its course, which I understand. I have previously suggested a vet check and x-ray, and if you’ve also chosen to forego that, then it’s a matter of waiting it out to see what happens

It seems this is your choice, since it’s a stray who has adopted you, so just keep us posted on how things go in the next few weeks, and thanks for taking her in and feeding and caring for her.

Once her litter weans, you will definitely need to get her spayed. As things crop up and you have questions, we will be here to answer. Best of luck moving forward!
Thank you. Im just not use to any animal ive ever had being not fixed. It does concern me and that's why ive asked several times and obsessed about it. Take care and happy memorial

Ashley1984

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is day 6. I have some better pictures of her belly and her teats to find out more info on if she is pregnant or if she possibly had a litter already. She hasnt had any leakage or swollen glands just protruding teats and very scarce hair around them as you can see from her black fur and the belly. Also a question about her ear and what may have happened to it?
Some updated pictures of this pretty girl for anyone interested. We will be getting her to the vets this week or next.

Attachments

Ashley1984

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your cat looks pregnant, and is likely more like 9 or 10 months old. Cats begin to show around the fifth week, so you’ll know for sure when her sides begin to get round. Glad your male is neutered.

If / when she does have kittens, your children should not handle them the first 3 weeks.
About how far along does she look now? I have her to the vet this week.

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It’s difficult to say. An x-ray at the vet will reveal how many kittens and an approximate gestational age.

Ashley1984

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey there, our foster cat is due any moment ( not sure how far along she is but has to be super close since we had her in doors for approximately 50+ days). I dont really know too much about cat as far as pregnancy eating habits etc. So i had been giving her some kitten food hard and pate but she wont eat it hardly at all. So i tried the normal stuff with new flavors fancy feast hard food and s heba pate perfect portions and I added some extra flavors of salmon and seafood. She seems tp really like those too ( our other cat isnt so much into anything but chicken oR beef). Anyhow, i keep them seperate and the other day i came home and they were just sitting there. But clearly she was highly upset, she stopped eating and layed down for a very long time she then threw up dark green then yellow. I spent alot of time with her and she ate and ate and drank everything went back to normal. Then that same night she had mild loose stools. However its been going on for the 3rd night. Sometimes its better then not. Anyhow she is eating and drinking fine. Well she got a hold of some cheese and salami last night that my toddler had and the cat took from her hand so im wondering what your ideas would be for this to happen all the sudden. She hasnt has it before until the start 3 days ago. I always keep the cats separate in case someone may think that we dont. Anyhow i appreciate and advice from experience we can get. Also, we do not have money to go and get the cat checked at this time, we will make sure after the kittens are born (if alive since she got pregnant most likely on her first cycle)we get them all where they need to be including fixing them but Thats gonna take a lot of money too. Thank you all 😽

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She may be very close to giving birth, which means her hormones are in high gear. Cats often will have diarrhea to clean out their systems before going into labor.

However, this sounds food related as well. I would give her chicken wet cat food only for a couple of days, plus her dry food. Don’t mix so many things together and see if her tummy settles.

It could be both since she is not usually like this. Keep us posted on how she is doing!
Ashley1984 Ashley1984

Ashley1984

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She may be very close to giving birth, which means her hormones are in high gear. Cats often will have diarrhea to clean out their systems before going into labor.

However, this sounds food related as well. I would give her chicken wet cat food only for a couple of days, plus her dry food. Don’t mix so many things together and see if her tummy settles.

It could be both since she is not usually like this. Keep us posted on how she is doing!
Ashley1984 Ashley1984
Thank you. She seems better still eating tons and definitely had a well formed potty today.