4 month old foster weighing around 2lbs - Ways to get weight up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Some cats just don't meow. My old cat only meowed if she was in destress (locked in a room etc.)

Actualy she did meow it just was a verry faint almost inaudiable "mew" or click.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bibi_Jiji

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Some cats just don't meow. My old cat only meowed if she was in destress (locked in a room etc.)

Actualy she did meow it just was a verry faint almost inaudiable "mew" or click.
She tries to meow but nothing really comes out. She opens her little mouth. It's really cute and I don't mind the lack of meow (my partner definitely loves it since our other cat tends to cause a lot of sleepless nights).

bibi_Jiji

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
UPDATE: Jiji is doing well after already a week with us. She is always excited in the mornings for food and likes to silent meow. She LOVES scrambled eggs and boiled chicken and is slowly putting on weight. Her fur seems better but she is of course patchy but no more gross skin is flaking off. She does not do so well with hard food yet so we are just feeding her soft foods as her digestive tract is pretty sensitive.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted to check in and see how Jiji is doing since your last update? Hopefully still doing well amd continuing to gain weight and getting healthier by the day.

bibi_Jiji

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wanted to check in and see how Jiji is doing since your last update? Hopefully still doing well amd continuing to gain weight and getting healthier by the day.
She is doing so so well!! She has actually gained her meow now. She’s gotten much bigger, has more energy to play, and her appetite is as good as they get. She doesn’t adventure out of the room but I tend to being her into the living room or bedroom to snuggle for a little bit. She also lost her canines yesterday!! Which makes me think..she must be 3 months old not 4 months like the shelter thought. Right?

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is doing so so well!! She has actually gained her meow now. She’s gotten much bigger, has more energy to play, and her appetite is as good as they get. She doesn’t adventure out of the room but I tend to being her into the living room or bedroom to snuggle for a little bit. She also lost her canines yesterday!! Which makes me think..she must be 3 months old not 4 months like the shelter thought. Right?
Omgoodness this is great news. I have been thinking about her since your original post with her little picture... she was such a tiny little girl. I am so very happy she is doing so well.

You are truly this little lady's angel. You have gotten her back to a healthy state, and showing her love, because of you she seems to be thriving.

Yea she could have been younger definitely.. I think most shelters estimate on cats ages really..

Thank you for the wonderful update

bibi_Jiji

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Omgoodness this is great news. I have been thinking about her since your original post with her little picture... she was such a tiny little girl. I am so very happy she is doing so well.

You are truly this little lady's angel. You have gotten her back to a healthy state, and showing her love, because of you she seems to be thriving.

Yea she could have been younger definitely.. I think most shelters estimate on cats ages really..

Thank you for the wonderful update
I should get some photos soon. Her fur is coming in nicely (Albright showing up redish and brown but may just be the sun) and she loves playing with her little stick toy (unsure what we calls thoughts). She is the sweetest. Even my partner who is not a cat person likes her. We are very glad to have her home. We can’t wait till October to officially adopt her.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I should get some photos soon. Her fur is coming in nicely (Albright showing up redish and brown but may just be the sun) and she loves playing with her little stick toy (unsure what we calls thoughts). She is the sweetest. Even my partner who is not a cat person likes her. We are very glad to have her home. We can’t wait till October to officially adopt her.
I just know she was so tiny and poorly looking. I'm just so glad to hear she is doing so much better. I was worried about her for sure in the beginning. I'm so glad you guys had the opportunity to foster her until she is big enough and can officially adopt her at the end of October right? She is such a lucky little lady to have found her guardian angels. I am so glad to hear how she is doing in such a short amount of time that she has been with you. The best past is she is getting healthy and strong, her personality is probably starting to come out some now. You guys have really helped Jiji and I am excited to see her transformation.

bibi_Jiji

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just know she was so tiny and poorly looking. I'm just so glad to hear she is doing so much better. I was worried about her for sure in the beginning. I'm so glad you guys had the opportunity to foster her until she is big enough and can officially adopt her at the end of October right? She is such a lucky little lady to have found her guardian angels. I am so glad to hear how she is doing in such a short amount of time that she has been with you. The best past is she is getting healthy and strong, her personality is probably starting to come out some now. You guys have really helped Jiji and I am excited to see her transformation.
Yea we were a little worried especially when she started having tummy troubles but now she is all good and putting on weight slowly. And yes she is a sweet yet shy little girl. She likes lounging on our shoulders and being held like a little baby. She still has a little URI we have been keeping an eye on but she’s otherwise doing so so well.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea we were a little worried especially when she started having tummy troubles but now she is all good and putting on weight slowly. And yes she is a sweet yet shy little girl. She likes lounging on our shoulders and being held like a little baby. She still has a little URI we have been keeping an eye on but she’s otherwise doing so so well.
This is absolutely fantastic! It sucks she still has a URI. Honestly though after everything she has been through in the first months of her life, she is doing very well now. Hopefully it will clear up soon so she doesn't have to seal with it. She has been through enough at her young age. I wish she didn't have to go through any of what she went through. She has gotta be a strong willed little kitty. Qhat a lucky little baby.

bibi_Jiji

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update! Baby Jiji has put a considerable amount of weight but she is still not a 100% good with her food. She tends to have tummy troubles but is still energetic and cuddly. Maybe too much food variety at once? I did catch her eating my noodles a few days ago.. She loves venturing out of her safe space and even greeted me this morning in the couch.
IMG_3895.jpeg

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is an updated view of her body. You can tell she’s got a good appetite and her fur is so much healthier.View attachment 458966
Omgoodness Jiji. She is looking so much better now. Even her coat is looking healthier. Thank you so much for fostering her until you are able to adopt her. You are her angel for sure. I can't get over how much better she looks. This completely melts my heart!

bibi_Jiji

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Omgoodness Jiji. She is looking so much better now. Even her coat is looking healthier. Thank you so much for fostering her until you are able to adopt her. You are her angel for sure. I can't get over how much better she looks. This completely melts my heart!
She does look so so much better and she is such a little goof!! We can’t wait to adopt her..actually adopting her national black cat day (Oct 27)

Attachments

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She does look so so much better and she is such a little goof!! We can’t wait to adopt her..actually adopting her national black cat day (Oct 27)
She is still so very tiny but looks so much better. You saved this little girls life. Thank you for everything you have done and continue doing for Jiji. She is definitely a special little lady!
That is the perfect date to adopt her. Awwwwww it couldn't be more perfect. I absolutely love her. I am ecstatic she is doing so well considering how she was looking poorly in the beginning and now she is starting to look healthy. She seems happy too. Uughh she just melts my heart. Forget it my heart is just a puddle of gooo now lol

bibi_Jiji

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is still so very tiny but looks so much better. You saved this little girls life. Thank you for everything you have done and continue doing for Jiji. She is definitely a special little lady!
That is the perfect date to adopt her. Awwwwww it couldn't be more perfect. I absolutely love her. I am ecstatic she is doing so well considering how she was looking poorly in the beginning and now she is starting to look healthy. She seems happy too. Uughh she just melts my heart. Forget it my heart is just a puddle of gooo now lol
HAHA yes she is so small I call her my taco cat since..well..shes like the size of a taco!! I am so happy too. Still a bit of sneezing but we bring her in during showers so the steam helps her breath and she lounges in the sunniest part of the house (her room till she gets bigger). We love her a lot.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HAHA yes she is so small I call her my taco cat since..well..shes like the size of a taco!! I am so happy too. Still a bit of sneezing but we bring her in during showers so the steam helps her breath and she lounges in the sunniest part of the house (her room till she gets bigger). We love her a lot.
It is clear you truly love her. You guys gave her a new home with a loving family. She is absolutely lucky to have come into your lives. She is going to continue growing and getting healthy. I just love her little tiny self. I'm so very glad she is doing so well. I believe little lady is truly a miracle

bibi_Jiji

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lil sad update. Jiji has been doing poorly breathing wise for the past few days. We are taking her to the vet tomorrow to figure out if the URI has become something worse and hopefully get her on the right course of meds. She is still eating, drinking, and using the restroom but her breathing is labored and she is very uncomfortable. Steam showers don't seem to be helping her anymore and its been 3 weeks now that she has had this. We know the shelter would provide the necessary medicine but due to distance and time restraint we are just taking her to our local vet and handling the cost. Please keep Jiji in your prayers!

Status
Not open for further replies.