3month old ktten has Cat Flu!!!????

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
G

ghostuser

Nikkie crossed the bridge at 7:55pm, 13th February.

We will miss her very much and she will always have a very special place in our hearts.

Sweet Dreams Nikkie.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Suraya,

I am so sorry to learn of the passing of Nikki. You have my prayers of support during this most difficult of times. I forwarded your picture on to LDG and she will post Nikki's picture for you here in this thread. Again, I am sorry that Nikki did not make it, may your heart heal soon.

Hugs (((((((())))))))))

rbg

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I apologize for my former post. I didn't see that there was a second page.
I'm so sorry to hear she didn't make it. At least she knew she was loved and didn't have to die at the shelter. You did a great job of trying to save her.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Suraya, I am so, so sorry to hear that your kitty has gone to the Bridge. My heart aches for you. Nikki was a beautiful, beautiful little girl. If you feel the need to share some more, please remember that there is a Crossing the Bridge Forum here. Our thoughts are with you, especially today.

Here is a picture of Suraya's beautiful Nikki. Again, I'm so sorry she passed.

cookie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So sorry about Nikki, I had been following the posts, Please remember you did all you could do to save her..

rbg

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Suraya, I just wanted to see how your doing after your rough week. Hopefully ok.
My duaghter sends her condolences too. She lost her kitten last summer the day after we brought him home, so she knows how you feel.

G

ghostuser

well, we're doing ok...
When Nikkie passed on we said to each other that we wouldn't get another cat for 'Bobbie Love' (our first cat) for at least a few months...!

But the next morning, on valentine's day, we found a shoe box on our door step, and in the shoe box we found a small black tabby kitten!

Later on we found out that my fiance's best friend Alex and his girlfriend had gone to the shelter to get us another kitten as soon as they heard that Nikkie didn't make it.

So the new kitten was the cause of mixed emotions as we were very very worried she would have the cat flu as well... because they were from the same shelter but we were also very happy to have another cat.

We took her to the vet for a full check up. And she's fine. No temperature. No fleas. No ear mites. No ear wax. No blood problems. No cat flu. She's a healthy weight, slightly plump. She's surprisingly clean for a shelter cat. Her coat is in excellent condition. He detected a bit of bacteria in her stool but he gave her a shot for it and some medication and said it's nothing to worry about.

Her name is 'Zooey Zoo Nuts'... And she's being kept in the only room Nikkie didn't go into until Thursday which is the day the maids always come and do a really thourough cleaning of the apartment and also the day she gets vaccinated against the cat flu and some of the other EVIL viruses.

Bobbie isn't too bothered about her being here. She hisses if Zooey gets too close too quickly, but you can tell it's just a cautionary hiss. In the evenings she's even been hanging out in Zooey's room on a chest of drawers where she can keep an eye on Zooey without getting too close to her. I think they are both glad for the company.

Anyway, Zooey has been a sweet ending to an otherwise traumatic week.
And THANKS to everyone for their concern and their support.
We all really appreaciate it.

rbg

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What great friends you have. That was so sweet of them. A hard gift to refuse with those sweet little eyes looking at you, huh?
For the bacteria in the stool, you could give some probiotics, in case you don't know about them. You could also give a small amount of colostrum once a day to give her immune system a boost. And before and after immunizations you can give the homeopathic remedy 'Thuja'. It helps prevent some of the side effects. I can look up which potency and how much if you're interested. Our local vet is going to start using it.
Snuggling your new little one will help the hurt. Enjoy!!

cookie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
that was so sweet of your friends! Also, I thinks it is the best way to help deal with the loss of a kitty...Glad the new furbaby is healthy! Hope you enjoy this wondeful new addition! From now on Valentines Day will be extra special for you! Oh by the way how old is Zooey?

G

ghostuser

Zooey is almost three months old.
And has gained 100gm in three days!!