2018 P O M Contest In Review

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
While we wait for the first P O M (picture of the month) contest in 2019, I thought it might be fun to revisit 2018's P O M contests and winners.

Remember to get a "heads up" on the monthly P O M contest, aka get some extra time to try to convince your cat or cats to pose for the purrfect picture, subscribe to the TCS newsletter. Here's how: Newsletter Subscription Tutorial

Now without further adieu, here's the 2018 P O M winning pictures.

JANUARY 2018 - "SLEEPING CAT"
We had a record 95 entries. Members could vote for their favourite 30.
And the winner was: Lion & Goldy and @GoldyCat

FEBRUARY 2018 - "CATS ON CHAIRS"

We had 45 entries. Members could vote for their favourite 20.
And the winner was: Craig and @carliecolin

MARCH 2018 - "CATS IN THE KITCHEN"

We had 39 entries. Members could vote for their favourite 15.
And the winner was: Missy and mama africa mama africa

APRIL 2018 - "GROOMING CATS"
We had 34 entries. Members could vote for their favourite 15.
And the winner was: Dudley & Parker and @Brian007

MAY 2018 - "AWKWARD CATS"
We had 47 entries. Members could vote for their favourite 20.
And the winner was A TIE: Levi and Ghoulofnagoya Ghoulofnagoya and Peko and @kittypa

JUNE 2018 - "CLAWS AND SCRATCHING CATS"
We had 25 entries. Members could vote for their favourite 10.
And the winner was: Feral Kitten and @ashade1

JULY 2018 - "CAT TAIL"

We had 60 entries. Members could vote for their favourite 20.
And the winner was: Rocket and @Kieka

AUGUST 2018 - "HIDING CATS"

We had 63 entries. Members could vote for their favourite 25.
And the winner was: Kiwi and @verna davies

SEPTEMBER 2018 - "CATS IN BLACK AND WHITE"

We had 44 entries. Members could vote for their favourite 20.
And the winner was: Korin and @Korinmewmew

OCTOBER 2018 - "GREETING CAT"

We had 39 entries. Members could vote for their favourite 15.
And the winner was: Hiro & Happy and @Norachan

NOVEMBER 2018 - "CATS IN BLANKETS"

We had 54 entries. Members could vote for their favourite 20.
And the winner was: Reese and @TobiDaDog

DECEMBER 2018 - "FESTIVE CATS"

We had 31 entries. Members could vote for their favourite 15.
And the winner was: Miss Nala Kitty Kitty Sweet Pea Jones and @Kimberly07

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama, I have followed the directions to subscribe to the Newsletter MANY MANY MANY times over the years but to my disppointment I have NEVER received the Newsletter. I followed exactly the instructions to no avail. Could you kindly let me know why my subscription fails every time. I am disappointed that I have not participated to the 2018 POM I didn't even know that there was such a POM contest. Where was it announced?

I appologize if Iam being clumsy and would very much appreciate your help.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for posting this! It was great to see all of these fantastic pictures again! :clap:

I’m looking forward to another great year of photo contests in 2019! :camera:

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama, I have followed the directions to subscribe to the Newsletter MANY MANY MANY times over the years but to my disppointment I have NEVER received the Newsletter. I followed exactly the instructions to no avail. Could you kindly let me know why my subscription fails every time. I am disappointed that I have not participated to the 2018 POM I didn't even know that there was such a POM contest. Where was it announced?

I appologize if Iam being clumsy and would very much appreciate your help.
golondrina golondrina - I'm afraid I can't help you with the subscription to the Newsletter; maybe rubysmama rubysmama can try to find out what went wrong ?

Don't worry, golondrina golondrina ; you didn't miss a contest; this thread is just giving an overview of the winners of the 12 monthly POM (Picture Of the Month) contests (from January - December) in 2018. If I remember well, you have participated in most of them with beautiful pictures of your gentle Cucumella and your sweet Sombra.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you mama africa but I still don't understand. Members have been voting for these Pictures of the Month but I was never aware that we were invited to vote or that I was participating in any way. Perhaps this was announced in the Newsletters that I never received?

Last edited:

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you mama africa but I still don't understand. Members have been voting for these Pictures of the Month but I was never aware that we were invited to vote or that I was participating in any way. Perhaps this was announced in the Newsletters that I never received?
I sent a PM to you, golondrina golondrina

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry rubysmama I must appologize because when I read your post about the POM pictures I didn't realize you were referring to our monthlycontests. If I had looked at the pictures you posted I would have realized my error. How stupid of me. I had inmind that I had never succeeded in subscribing to the Newsletter and gathered I had missed the announcements. I am sorry for any confusion I may have caused.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sorry for the confusion golondrina golondrina . Sometimes words make more sense in my head, than they do once I type them on the computer. ;) Glad things are clear now.

I was thinking, though, about you not getting the TCS newsletters. Is it possible that they are going in your spam/junk folder?

Nice overview of the different contests and winners, rubysmama rubysmama .

Missy has changed a lot since…

View attachment 268726

View attachment 268727
Big change!!! She's a grownup now. :catlove:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Hi golondrina golondrina and everyone :wave3:
Just to clarify -
1. There is no "2018 POM contest" per se. This is just a lovely thread looking back on the contests we had.
2. I checked and you are in fact subscribed to the newsletter @golondorina. It goes out once every two weeks and mentions the most current POM contest we have. Sometimes it's a call for people to vote or submit photos. Other times, when there's no active contest, I include the theme for the coming contest.

If you're not getting the newsletter at all but are getting other notifications from the site, the newsletter is probably in the spam box :( Because of the newsletter format, it's more likely to trigger spam filters.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you Anne for your confirmation that I am in fact subscribed to the Newsletter.At least now I know that I have done the necessary correctly. However I have looked through my spams box and did not find it there either. Is there a way to check that it is being sent to my correct gmail address? There must be a reason why I have never received it. I am sorry to insist. I would so very much appreciate it if this "mystery" could be clarified.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Is there a way to check that it is being sent to my correct gmail address?
It's being sent to the gmail address that you used when you signed up for The Cat Site and where your other notifications go to. I can send you the email address if you would like.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's being sent to the gmail address that you used when you signed up for The Cat Site and where your other notifications go to. I can send you the email address if you would like.
Thank you AbbysMom. As you can see I do receive TCS notifications daily without any problem. That is why I have wondered if my address had been inadvertently changed for the Newsletter. I have joined TCS in 2O10 and I don't remember having changed the address ever since but it would be worth it checking to see if the address to which the Newsletter is being sent is the same as the address to which the notifications are sent nowadays. Thanks again for your trouble.