2010 Secret Santa preps....

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last year was my first participating in SS, and I learned quite a lot. I learned that:

Cats and llamas go together like peanut butter and jelly. If you have a cat, you probably own or want to own a field of llamas. And gnomes....for some reason, cat lovers are all about gnomes. I think it is something about their ethereal beauty. Or maybe it's their pointy little hats.

Daisy
will tear open dog treats intended as gifts (twice it happened!
). If in doubt as to whether she might be interested in something, store it out of reach of her grubby little hands.
Who would have thought that dog treats would have been in such danger?

The United States Postal Service "if it fits, it ships" boxes aren't very large. Even the biggest one seems tiny when you're trying to fit the presents inside. This year, I will select only flat items like paper and pancakes to make packing easier.
No worries, just kidding....

It is excurciating waiting for your own SS gift to arrive...if you are like me, anyway...pressie lovin' and darksided. (And I was delighed when my box did come...all these wonderful gifts from a kind soul in beautiful snowy Canada.)

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

The United States Postal Service "if it fits, it ships" boxes aren't very large. Even the biggest one seems tiny when you're trying to fit the presents inside. This year, I will select only flat items like paper and pancakes to make packing easier.
No worries, just kidding....
I like pancakes. And if they are chocolate chip...

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

I like pancakes. And if they are chocolate chip...
Oh, and fritters...fritters are flat! I just have to find out what they are, but I will be sure to send some. And flounder! Raw or cooked, it doesn't matter, as long as they're flat and my SS is happy. (And I'm sure he or she will be. Who wouldn't be surprised to open a box full of flat, flapping fish?
) There are lots of flat things out there that will fit in a USPS flat rate shipping box if you look hard enough.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh, and fritters...fritters are flat! I just have to find out what they are, but I will be sure to send some. And flounder! Raw or cooked, it doesn't matter, as long as they're flat and my SS is happy. (And I'm sure he or she will be. Who wouldn't be surprised to open a box full of flat, flapping fish?
) There are lots of flat things out there that will fit in a USPS flat rate shipping box if you look hard enough.
ppsssttt....mods....draw names before she completely loses her mind! I really don't want a box filled with flat flapping flounder and fritters (although I'm sure they are fabulous...if we can figure out what they are!)

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

ppsssttt....mods....draw names before she completely loses her mind! I really don't want a box filled with flat flapping flounder and fritters (although I'm sure they are fabulous...if we can figure out what they are!)
Maybe the flounder is for the kitties? Kitties like fishes right? At least some of them, and those not on special diets...

I however love fritters but not Flounders.

I really think the mods should draw names before someone figures out how to flatten a gnome riding a llama with chocolate and tequila enough to fit it into a flat rate box. Seriously.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CruiserMaiden

Maybe the flounder is for the kitties? Kitties like fishes right? At least some of them, and those not on special diets...

I however love fritters but not Flounders.

I really think the mods should draw names before someone figures out how to flatten a gnome riding a llama with chocolate and tequila enough to fit it into a flat rate box. Seriously.
Hmmmm...give the gnomes and llamas enough tequila and they will flatten themselves, then just shove them into a box while they're passed out. We are talking minature llamas, right?
And the chocolate can be used for packing! There, problem solved!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Calico, I don't understand...are you saying you don't want flounder? Maybe you want catfish instead? Okay, since it means that much to you, I will try. But I just don't think catfish are flat enough to fit in one of those USPS boxes...

Oh, my! It's only August and I am having such fun with Secret Santa already.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just wait until the actual selection and waiting and receiving starts!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Just wait until the actual selection and waiting and receiving starts!
Speaking of selection, it's almost time to draw names!
Every day, it inches closer. Ah, the suspense....

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh, I don't know about that! we still have 2 weeks to go until sign-ups start! then a few weeks to allow for sign-ups..... THEN we draw names

milk maid

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

oh, I don't know about that! we still have 2 weeks to go until sign-ups start! then a few weeks to allow for sign-ups..... THEN we draw names
cant wait

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Once the sign up begins, then we are in business!

Can't wait to see who I'll be shopping for...er, who I've been shopping for. I already know the store from which I want to buy chocolate. If my person likes chocolate....

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Can't wait to see who I'll be shopping for...er, who I've been shopping for. I already know the store from which I want to buy chocolate. If my person likes chocolate....
HAHA a very large DITTO from me to

2 weeks is a long way away

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You want me, right?

Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Don't think I'll be able to participate this year

It sucks, because I've always had such fun shopping for it.
At least you can read about the preps and that is half the fun anyway.

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Doesn't everybody like chocolate????

I hope so cause I already picked my recipe I'm gonna use to send darkside cookies! I had to do a trial run (and sample...) to make sure they were appropriately yummy. Now I fear if I make them again to send they might mysteriously disappear before mailing...

C'mon signups!

jazzythecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CruiserMaiden

Doesn't everybody like chocolate????

I hope so cause I already picked my recipe I'm gonna use to send darkside cookies! I had to do a trial run (and sample...) to make sure they were appropriately yummy. Now I fear if I make them again to send they might mysteriously disappear before mailing...

C'mon signups!
Well, I sure do! Those darkside cookies sound delicious!
Can't wait for the sign-ups. I have no idea what to get, I'll wait until I find out who I get. I might just get chocolate seeing as everyone on TCS seems to love chocolate

Can't wait until sign-ups!
Jackz, Jazzy & Ginga.