2010 Secret Santa Discussion Thread!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Just an empty mailbox again today

I think my SS is trying to torture me and turn me to the light side!
same here - still waiting!
i just KNOW that my SS is doing this:

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

How did you know what I was doing??
I'm not doin' nutting bad...

I will readily admit I'm one who hasn't sent out. Due to a serious fund shortage (soon to be fixed), and one last little thing to be done... now that classes and my Fall Insanity is done... I'm nearly done on that. I'll be able to ship. I hope it'll get there in time, but it may be tight. I'm really sorry to my SS (still not gonna say who)... but it'll get out there... it's just been a tough month so far... (not going to go into all the stupid stuff of the last 24 hours... not gonna!! of course, if you're friended with me on FB, you've seen my posts)

Of course, I got mine today... pics to come in the other thread.

Amanda

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl

Only for whomever hes going to see
Uh Oh. Did I forget to post that I have a very tiny yard and I don't think a Llama will be happy in it? Oops!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

Many huge that gifts arrive on time, it is after all for Christmas
right so there's still 5 more mail days here and I'm
everything I can cross.

My Santa is definately making me live on the light side thats for sure.

I do have to say tho, there's prolly not going to be pictures n posts. The kids are home fulltime next week and its busy busy busy with them, and finishing shopping, etc. So I apologise if I don't post pics, or a lot of pics, thats why I had hoped to receive it before the break but hey, receiving anything with thought in it is way better than not getting anything at all for Christmas
so I need to borrow someones optimism and patience please LOL.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I found a really neat little gift for next year's Secret Santa. I am going back to buy one (actually several of them - they're not expensive - I know some other people that will love them, too) and save it in the wooden trunk - a great place to keep all small Secret Santa gifts.
I wonder if this is the first time I've began the next year's Christmas shopping so early.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

I found a really neat little gift for next year's Secret Santa. I am going back to buy one (actually several of them - they're not expensive - I know some other people that will love them, too) and save it in the wooden trunk - a great place to keep all small Secret Santa gifts.
I wonder if this is the first time I've began the next year's Christmas shopping so early.
I have a drawer in my china cupboard that I keep little things for SS, then around xmas I just get the personal items for my recipient....it helps spend out the spending a bit

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

I have a drawer in my china cupboard that I keep little things for SS, then around xmas I just get the personal items for my recipient....it helps spend out the spending a bit
That's what I do too!!!
I shop year round for bargins so that I stick to my budget, then I shop for more personal things when I get a SS name!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Empty mailbox/porch
Though I did get word a couple days ago it'll be in the mail soon! I just keep checking anyway, I cant help it!

At least my hubby was stealth enough to have my gifts from him mailed to the shop, because he knows I LOVEE packages, and my darkside would be all in them cat-style by the time he got home.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tara & Rob

Empty mailbox/porch
Though I did get word a couple days ago it'll be in the mail soon! I just keep checking anyway, I cant help it!

At least my hubby was stealth enough to have my gifts from him mailed to the shop, because he knows I LOVEE packages, and my darkside would be all in them cat-style by the time he got home.
That kinda reminds me of a stealthy thing we did for my friend a couple years ago. Sue, my friend, is the handler of all things financial in their household. Her hubby wanted to get something for her for Christmas but didn't want her to know about it. He had me get it off ebay, have it shipped to me, then I brought it with me to their house on Christmas... all my family is too far away for me to go every year, so their my 'adopted' family. She knew something was up, but didn't know quite what...

I know I'm total darksider with Christmas...

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
hmmm I got my SS gift well over a week ago....what should I do now that I have off (been busy busy busy at work) should i open? or wait...

ON another note....I mailed my package...so it should be there any day now.....

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by vampcow

hmmm I got my SS gift well over a week ago....what should I do now that I have off (been busy busy busy at work) should i open? or wait...

It's so close to Christmas, and you've made it this far as a Lightsider. I would wait.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's so close to Christmas, and you've made it this far as a Lightsider. I would wait.
nurseangel
me

OPEN OPEN OPEN!!!!!

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You've alrady tourtured your SS THIS long by not posting that you received it OPEN IT NOW!
Don't listen to nurseangel!

I'm sure Joe saved you a nice hanukkah gift to open on Christmas

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

You've alrady tourtured your SS THIS long by not posting that you received it OPEN IT NOW!
Don't listen to nurseangel!

I'm sure Joe saved you a nice hanukkah gift to open on Christmas
it actually arrived on the last night of Hanukkah.

I did at least post on the gift thread that I got it! TO my SS I am so so sorry for not posting sooner...I had a really rough two weeks at work and was barely able to do much of anything outside of work.

hmmm Danielle...your right...it DID TECHNICALLY come on the last night of Hanukkah so maybe I Should open it...hmmm today after I finish making cookies.

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

ooh bring me some!
Do you like Spumoni? for i am making chocolate chip SPUMONI Cookies. They are such a festive green color.

Do you want me to drop some off this week?

Also...can you help me figure out how to post pictures? I have the camera all charged and ready for pics of the gift opening.

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Do you like Spumoni? for i am making chocolate chip SPUMONI Cookies. They are such a festive green color.

Do you want me to drop some off this week?

Also...can you help me figure out how to post pictures? I have the camera all charged and ready for pics of the gift opening.
You bring the cookies, I'll do the teaching! My schedule is a bit... interesting this week, so call me and we'll set up a date :-D I'm sure your SS won't mind the delay if it means you will get to post pitures!