2010 Secret Santa Discussion Thread!

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

OK, listen up!

I've done most of the shopping I intended to do for my Santee.

So, here's the question. If you're my Santee, do you want me to get it all together and send it off, or do you want me to wait until after Thanksgiving, knowing that I might (or might not) pick up a few more things for the package?
Hmmm. I'd wait. Depending how long it will take for you to ship it, I'd probably wait right into December.

...of course that's because last year I managed to be a lightsider for all of 3 hours.

Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

Dear Santee: I have a problem, well several, but one that relates to you. One item I picked up, well, it takes the most room and weighs a fair amount. IF I take that item out, I could fit several different items in its place. So, do I take it out, or not.

The item in question, is cute, and I'm sure you'd like it, but I don't know for sure that you would LOVE it. It's heavy tho, and I could easily fit a few of the other items in its place.

oooo...that's a tough one...the big item sounds intriguing. I think it would depend on the other items. Would I be certain to love them?

Man, those sounds like one of those double-or-nothing-gameshows.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ms. Freya

oooo...that's a tough one...the big item sounds intriguing. I think it would depend on the other items. Would I be certain to love them?

Man, those sounds like one of those double-or-nothing-gameshows.
I am certain that the "replacement" items would be of more "use/enjoyment" than the one item.

I think I have just decided

Plus I could always use the removed item on its own for my Santee's birthday or a "just cuz". My santee rocks, so yah, I think I shall remove it, and save it for a later date.

Then I'll have room for some cat treats that I've been told are supposed to go in the package

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

OK, listen up!

I've done most of the shopping I intended to do for my Santee.

So, here's the question. If you're my Santee, do you want me to get it all together and send it off, or do you want me to wait until after Thanksgiving, knowing that I might (or might not) pick up a few more things for the package?
Well, if it's for me please hold off for a while. I'm going to "try" to be a lightsider this year (yeah, right
) or at least get the package under the tree for 5 minutes before tearing into it. This early the temptation would just be too much!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Nah I've been waiting till Nov. to start mailing stuffs
so while I'm not happy over it being cold Nov. I am happy bout being able to start mailing stuff.
besides, if you mail TOO early, chocolate can melt

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey everyone, just an FYI, if you need a snoop, please direct to StarryEyedTiGer, Alison Joy, Miss Mew or myself. Mr Cool Cat is having some computer issues right now. Thanks!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear SS,

This weekend me and my sister-in-law will be having super fun crafty time together and I may or may not be making something for you! That will be for you to figure out!
Either way, I will be having fun AND getting into the Christmas spirit! YAY!!!

ME!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going to have to do some re-wrapping and re-working in attempts to get everything to fit in the box. I hope my Santee doesn't mind a little creative squishing. (No llama will be harmed in the wrapping of this gift. I promise.)

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

I'm going to have to do some re-wrapping and re-working in attempts to get everything to fit in the box. I hope my Santee doesn't mind a little creative squishing. (No llama will be harmed in the wrapping of this gift. I promise.)
Sounds fine to me

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought chocolate today. I'm officially done. Now to stare at it until I send it

Oh, and buying chocolate resulted in me buying a bag for myself. Darn it.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was done and then I ordered a little something else. Just a little something...now I have to wait until it gets here. And its being custom colored because they didn't have it in my Santee's favorite. So it will take an additional 24 hours! I want to pack my box! The good news is, even if that box is crammed full, there will be room for this one more tiny thing. I think....

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear SS, this week I'm planning to make a trip to _______ to get you _____, _____, and ____

I've made an excutive decision...about the box! I'm switching boxes!
I like the way you think!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Dear SS, this week I'm planning to make a trip to _______ to get you _____, _____, and ____

I like the way you think!
Thanks!

I'm just worried my Santee is going to think I am sending lots of little things and no big thing. Other than the llama, of course, he's pretty huge compared to the other presents.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

besides, if you mail TOO early, chocolate can melt
True, guess that depends on the destination. No one need fear the chocolate melting coming to me, tis chilly here so the chocolate will be safe.

Thanks!

I'm just worried my Santee is going to think I am sending lots of little things and no big thing. Other than the llama, of course, he's pretty huge compared to the other presents.
Since u switched boxes, does that mean no creative squishing? I don't mind squishing as I am having to do it myself.

I don't mind little things at all. I'm one of those ppl that thoroughly enjoys little things
tis preferable than one big thing, to me anyways. I've been trying to get that through to my hubby, he is used to buying one pricey item that I want (ex. I've gotten a computer, diamonds, etc.) rather than a few cheaper items (best xmas was when I put a limit on the $...he bought me a book, some mittens to keep my sensitive hands warm, and some other thoughtful lil items)

I'm sure I will love anything that anyone decides to send me

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My person will be happy to know that I've completed all shopping other than chocolate

I am about 1/3 finished with the crafty item so it may be a couple more weeks on that. Once that is done, then I need to decide if I should get the chocolate and mail.... or wait?

Wonder what my Santee thinks about it?

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Since u switched boxes, does that mean no creative squishing? I don't mind squishing as I am having to do it myself.

I don't mind little things at all. I'm one of those ppl that thoroughly enjoys little things
tis preferable than one big thing, to me anyways. I've been trying to get that through to my hubby, he is used to buying one pricey item that I want (ex. I've gotten a computer, diamonds, etc.) rather than a few cheaper items (best xmas was when I put a limit on the $...he bought me a book, some mittens to keep my sensitive hands warm, and some other thoughtful lil items)

I'm sure I will love anything that anyone decides to send me
No creative squishing! With the new box, there should be plenty of breathing room.

I'll be tickled with whatever my SS sends. At the rate I am going, my Santee will have a number of little boxes to unwrap.

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I want everyone here to know that right now, this very minute, I am eating a Chocolate Creme Tim Tam!

Don't worry Santee... I bought you a package also.