2 week old kitten losing weight

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So we are at the vet with her again..she just seemed to keep getting worse.. Hopefully they can do something more for her

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We took her back to the vet last night at like 2 am because she was getting worse, her breathing was shallow and she was struggling really hard to take even the smallest breaths. When we got there, they put her in oxygen again and ran more tests. The vet came in and told us her lungs were so weak and so full of liquid that we would have to keep her in oxygen for multiple days and they couldn't do that there because of what hours they have, they wouldbt have antone to keep an eye on her, as they are open only at night and weekends... He said there was just so much wrong with her that if we took her home, she would be suffering to try and breath. We made the choice to put her down because in my opinion, it was our last option. I really dont think there was any way to save her...she will always be in my heart though, and I'm very sad that this was what had to happen, but I'm received that she isn't suffering anymore. Rest in peace my baby stripe. And rest in peace all my lost babies ❤

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I felt like this is what happened. You really did everything to give her a chance. Bless her sweet little heart. I am glad that she did not have to suffer a painful death. You made the best decision. Fly free, Stripe! :angel: :rbheart:

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much, it mean a lot.. I will always miss my babies I am now focusing on my other two kittens, they seem healthy and happy so that makes me happy :) hopefully things will all look up from here :)

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So one of my cats got pregnant and had four beautiful kittens. Unfortunately we have lost two of them (rest their souls) and as it stands now, the two who are left seem very active and healthy.

They are currently 26 days old

We have bear, a boy, whos all black and weighs 15.1 oz.
And coon, a girl, who weighs 13.5 oz.

I weigh them everyday and everyday they gain weight, they eat from mama normally, and they play and act completely normal.
They stay inside a large dog cage with a box lining the inside, I let mama kitty in and out as she pleases and recently the kittens have gotten big enough where they can just about crawl out of the front of the box, so ive been letting them out when they want to get some exceraize and stretch. I have a stuffed animal and a kitty toy just incase they want to play, and they love swatting at mama kitty and my fingers.

I was basically just wondering if I'm taking all the right steps to proper kitten care or if there's anything I should be doing differently? Or anything more I can do for them to grow healthy and be happy?

Any advice or opinions are well appreciated :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like you are taking very good care of them and doing everything right!

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tha k you :) I just wanna make sure I'm doing everything I can for my babies