2 week old abandoned kitten HELP

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Update: it has been a crazy few days! Loki went to the vet Friday. 1.4 lbs and doing great. She got to spend time with the office cat Murphy! She is fearless. We got her a 3 tier scratching/perch stand but she hasn't warmed up to it yet. Hopefully soon! She is eating her food very well and only "asks" for a bottle at night and the vet said I could let her continue with that. He thinks she will just wean herself in the next few days to maybe a week. Everything is going very well except for her biting. She is only playing but she loves our chins, cheeks, and noses the best and it hurts! If I try to correct her she attacks! What can I do?
So good to hear she's doing well! 
 Enjoy all the antics but try your best to keep her safe, fearless a bit scary sometimes as they explore everything.  Loki would learn about limits to biting from her mom and siblings through play - they would bite back and hiss.  If it is hard you need to stop the play until she lets go and calms - ignoring her and not moving. If she is biting so hard you can't ignore it any more you need to let her know it's not OK and the game is over. You don't want to bite back but you can hiss suddenly and quite loudly so she doesn't like the sound. Alternatively say 'NO' or 'OUCH' consistently when she bites so hard it hurts, also for scratching as she won't realize you don't have fur to protect you and that claws hurt skin. It should work best if you are able to push lightly but quickly towards her as she bites so you are not pulling away - which she will think is play.  Lots of biting threads on this site and lots more advice!  My boy only had his mum so he was a bit of a biter too and I had a lot of bite educating to do when I adopted him ....

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

lokisnewmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It had been a while! Loki is amazing and CRAZY! She is not a normal cat lol not only does she do Parkour through the room but she is a Ninja. She doesn't meow. She chirps like a bird and whines like a puppy. It is so funny. She likes to be a ninja after we are in bed. She will sneak up and bite us on the face right after we fall asleep. She will come to love on us then attack. I don't know what to do. She has a million toys, 2 different scratching posts/perches and and play gym but she prefers to attack us. VICIOUS!! We divert her attention but it only last a few minutes at most. What can I do to calm her down?? HELP

toddypu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Meow meow has become familiar with the ancient Latin training tool called "la chancla." Now all I have to do is reach for mine, and whatever foolishness she's engaged in ceases immediately. I once caught her trying to rip my homework. I called her name repeatedly to no avail. I reached my my chancla, and she pushed the paper away from her and looked at me like "I'm not doing anything." I don't advocate hitting the cat with the chancla, but I use it in a Murphy's law- Pavlov's dog kind of way. She has learned that if she hears no and doesn't listen, a slipper will come flying out of nowhere (not from mom. The association can't be with me).