2 day old kittens!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dianneh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do they really need to be in the utility room if it's cold? Can the nest be in a warmer place in the house? I do agree that mom needs to be able to come out, explore, and socialize. She will not forget her kittens!
Oh it's not cold in there, in fact it's one of the warmer rooms lol. I just didn't know if the kittens would miss or need the warmth from mummy as they are only 1 week old.

Mummy cat as just been out for a walk round the kitchen and living room, it was so nice to see her, I will start to leave the door open now, as long as she won't forget her kittens, I should trust Mother Nature I supose.

Thank you all for your reassurance X

dianneh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our foster kittens are 1 week old today, other then picking them up once a day to weigh we have been leaving them in mummy's care. What age is the best time to Ho,d them more?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can handle them more anytime, as long as it's gentle and short, but I personally wait until they begin to toddle away from the nest, which is around the 3-week mark. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

dianneh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, we will wait a little longer. With us not knowing mummy cat before she had her kittens I feel it's more important to give her attention.

The kittens are 1 week old today and weigh

Milo, 230g
Lottie, 206g
Luna, 188g
Millie, 175g

We think we have 3 girls and 1 boy, names might change if not lol :lol3:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The weights are very good!

Yep, I thought I had 2 females and 2 males. One of the females turned out to be a male after his testicles descended. It's hard to tell when they are so tiny. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Mom is very pretty! I love the picture with the little one's tongue sticking out. [emoji]128522[/emoji][emoji]128149[/emoji]

dianneh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, mummy as amazing colours, she will go to her forever home on about 8 weeks, then the kittens will go up for adoption. Love looking after them in the mean time and will take lots of photos over the next few weeks :rbheart: