12 week old kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure about the de-wormer as I didn't do it, he going to be wormed again on Tuesday.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure about the de-wormer as I didn't do it, he going to be wormed again on Tuesday.
Good; at twelve weeks your vet will have a choice of either of the two broad spectrum anthelmintics, and Fenbendazole will specifically treat giardiasis as well, if that's the cause in this case.

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you. He's now taking his probiotic, I mix it into some goats milk & he laps it up. It is already working as his poo is getting a bit more solid.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've heard lamb is a good protein. It's supposed to be fairly easy on the stomach.
It is.  Artie, our member's cat who has been battling all kinds of tummy issues, has been switched to a pure lamb diet, and is doing well on it.

YAY!  Good to know the probiotic is working for him!  I'm breathing easier now, and I know  you are!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
It is.  Artie, our member's cat who has been battling all kinds of tummy issues, has been switched to a pure lamb diet, and is doing well on it.

YAY!  Good to know the probiotic is working for him!  I'm breathing easier now, and I know  you are!
I know all about Sir Artie. Been following his thread. That's part of where I got the idea from. Also Hector had lamb as a treat sometimes. She also had a lot of digestive problems.

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes I am, I tried putting it in his food & he just wouldn't eat it. Give him goats milk though & he laps it up.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When it comes to cats, goat's milk is wonderful stuff!  I can't count the number of kittens on here who are now healthy cats because of it, and Hekitty gets it as a treat on occasion.  SO GLAD that it is working for you!

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well the poor little man had really bad diarrhoea this morning, it was just coloured water [emoji]128542[/emoji]
I'm persevering with the probiotic & hopefully that will win through

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He's absolutely fine in himself, I give him a little probiotic after each meal with a little bit of goats milk. He's still loose but I think the probiotic just needs time to work as he's only getting a little bit each time.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I would think that you are quite right about that.  It will just take a bit of time to work.

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The vet has suggested that the goats milk could be to rich for him so I've got skimmed goats milk so it will be a lot less rich on his little tummy.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, good.  I do seem to remember that cats' milk is the richest known in the animal world, although that was several years ago, and that may have changed due to new information.  That's why cats can successfully foster almost any breed, while kittens require a mama cat or special suppliments.  However,  we're not dealing with a newborn now, so going to a too-rich milk may well be the culprit.  Hope combined with  the probiotic, work.  I know you are worried about him.  He's such a CUTE little scrap!

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your very kind words

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that's polar bears that have the richest milk. Part of why it's so hard to raise them in captivity.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL...you may well be right, and I just had the most amazing visual of fostering kittens on a polar bear!  I'll be giggling over that one for the rest of the day!

flojo75

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] Now you've got me imagining it!!
As for Freddie I think we're making progress, his poo's are still loose but a lot more formed. Fingers crossed I'll get on top of it soon [emoji]127995[/emoji]