10 random questions

artful badger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
(hint: select quote reply for easy answering.)

~~~~~~~~ =^..^= ~~~~~~~

1. What cd(s) are in your cd player right now?

2. Do you generally read the intros, jackets and acknowledgments in books?

3. What was the most recent dream that you remember?

4. a) What do you do about those gifts that aren't in your taste but you don't want to hurt the giver's feelings?

b) What is the worst gift you remember getting?

5. I just saw the movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

What memories would you erase if you could (if any)?

6. You are in the bathroom. How likely is it that there is a furry helper with you?

7. What is the best piece of advice you have received?

8. Do you sweat or glow?

9. Can you drive a manual transmission (stick shift)?

10. Propose a toast to someone, anyone at all. (And tell us what we're drinking.)

bonus question: What is your name?

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Vestal Goodman, the Perrys, the Inspirations, Great Story songs, the Perrys, '70 County Hits

2. Yes.
3. That My tiny little kittens were choking on a big rubber ball
4. a) I thank the person very much and do something appropriate with the gift, I'm a pack rat, so I don't throw anything away.. b)Nothing.
5. Of kittens dying in my arms.
6. 99% chance that there are.
7. Hrm, not sure there
8. Honey, I sweat like a pig !
9. Sort of........
10. MaryAnne (hissy), I'd like to propose a toast to you, thanking you for all the wonderful things you do for cats and the members of this board, and wishing you the best of luck in all that you do for the rest of your life.......sorry all, we're drinking Coke!
Bonus, my name is Mud!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In my car its the newest Kenny Chesney cd. (I don't only listen to country but was just my mood this morning)

I do occasionally if I am trying to make a decision whether to buy it or not.

I dreamed I asked for a raise and woke up before I got the answer!

4. a) What do you do about those gifts that aren't in your taste but you don't want to hurt the giver's feelings?

I act excited that I received it and make a comment about how I can put it to use.

It was Christmas, Phisoderm face wash, lotion and shampoo. (I am a very clean person
I don't know what they were thinking! oh and it came from my uncle)

I would erase the time from 16-18. I made some bad decisions, I never got myself into trouble but ended up with a boyfriend who was not the best.

6. You are in the bathroom. How likely is it that there is a furry helper with you?
It is not only likely but guaranteed.

Not to worry so much what other people think about me.

8. Do you sweat or glow?

Unfortunately sweat

Yes, my bf bought me a Honda Civic and taught me to drive a stick 4 years ago, I am 24.

10. Propose a toast to someone, anyone at all. (And tell us what we're drinking.)

Since it is almost Father's Day I would like to make a toast to my dad for having quit drinking! We are drinking chocolate milkshakes because he is an ice cream addict now

bonus question: What is your name?[/quote]

Tanya

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I don't think anything....but queued up in my MP3 player is a local metal band, Moore I've known the bassist for longer than I care to admit.
But the more I see them the more I like their music - they are really good!

Yes, especially if I am really into the author. I ALWAYS read the liners on CDs too....

Umm, don't remember....

Thank them anyway and act like I like it.

My sister gave us a really cheap and cheesy Dale Earnhardt clock for Christmas one year because she knew we like NASCAR. (I was never an Earnhardt fan......)

I don't think I would erase anything. Everything I've experienced makes me who I am today.

Depends on the time of day. Morning, about 40%. Afternoon, about 1% (naptime). Evening, 20%.

From my father (who gave me lots of good advice)...."Play their game, by their rules - but beat them at their own game." Also, "You have to understand the opposing view in order to effectively argue against it."

8. Do you sweat or glow?

I sweat. I don't think anyone really "glows".

Yup, wish I had one!

To my mother, a great lady! I miss you every day! (We're drinking her favorite - DiSaronno Amaretto and Bailey's Irish Cream)

Heidi

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is none in, I never leave CD in the player
Always
I dreamed about my fil being here talking to me, and now I am worried in case he is ill.
I don't do anything, I am grateful that they thought of me
A jumper off my daughter
None, they have all taught me lessons, and made me whatever I am now
100% likely
When I was a child my grandfather told me that no matter what happens, always hold your head up high
8. Do you sweat or glow?
Glow - of course
I can't even drive a car
I propose a toast to all fathers everywhere for Sunday, their day, and we're drinking the best champagne
Ann

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artful badger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I guess I should answer my own questions. It's only fair!

Indigo Girls latest CD
Ben Folds live
one from Sotavento (excellent local band)
the CD that came with my meditation PC game, what is the name of that?
and one other I can't remember

Not often.

I was helping my grandma get around town. She was using a cane but doing well.
(In real life she's pretty much out of it and in a nursing home.)

I politely thank them (as enthusiastically as I can) but give it away to charity as soon as I get home.

An Aunt gave us kids a set of spices and oven mitt when we were about 10 years old...and not into cooking at all!

I wouldn't do it. I have enough trouble forgetting things as it is!

About 50%, but then I actually
have the nerve to close the door! The chances of one or more cat waiting outside the door very upset and disappointed in me after I'm done is 100%!

Hmmm. I think it was the ubiquitous 'be who you are' rather than try to please other people.

8. Do you sweat or glow?

I sweat...no doubt!

Theoretically I could try! It can't be THAT hard can it?

I'm not sure anyone would let me take the wheel of their car on that recommendation though!

I have a pitcher of margaritas -- virgin margaritas for those that are underage or don't do alcohol. I would like to toast all of the people (and cats) having a birthday this month.
Happy Birthday!

I'm Heather.

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

In the car, Roger Waters The Wall Live from Berlin
At home, LOTR Return of the King soundtrack

Yes. Sometimes they're better than the book.

Someone broke into my apartment. When I woke up I was so freaked out I checked out the WHOLE apartment.

Thank the person very nicely.

None. Even the hard ones are part of what makes us who we are.

About 95% if I'm on the toilet, 0% if I'm showering.

Hmmm, something along the lines of don't quit when the going gets tough.

8. Do you sweat or glow?

Sweat. Horribly.

It's what I learned on.

To all the TCS members, TGIF! (with my Great Lakes Burning River Pale Ale)

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. A system of a down mix, and a tracey bonham single (one's at home the other's in the car), oh! and a Nightwish CD at work, lol

2. Of Course!

3. Molly waking me up by trying to sleep on my head(I dreamed this, lol.. I guess I relaly want it!)

4. a) Depending on what it is, I either Modify it to fit my needs, or I return it without them knowing.

b) Underwear at a boy and girl birthday party. when I was 7

5. I don't think I would I think if I erased anything "bad" the good stuff would be less wonderful

6. Two. There are 2, although some functions, mollie gets offended at, and leaves.

7. Don't rush things

8. I sweat, Although my ballet teacher used to say "Horses sweat, Men perspire, and women glow!" I however sweat. this is indeed because I live in the south
I wish I didn't. lol

9. I wish. I want to learn, but at least I can drive a sequential... Jason doens't like me to drive his car though

10. Guinness! "To all our loved ones, present or parted"

And My name is Denise

cla517

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
1. What cd(s) are in your cd player right now? Matchbox 20, Sheryl Crow, Stone Temple Pilots, Aerosmith, Chicago Soundtrack

2. Do you generally read the intros, jackets and acknowledgments in books? Yup!

3. What was the most recent dream that you remember? someone had cut off the top of my head, so you could see my brain!! (I had just seen Kill Bill on DVD)

4. a) What do you do about those gifts that aren't in your taste but you don't want to hurt the giver's feelings? Say thank you and put it away!

b) What is the worst gift you remember getting? Gifts from my great grandmother because she was really old, never knew how old I was and seemed to believe I was a boy!

What memories would you erase if you could (if any)? When I said or did something nasty to someone.

6. You are in the bathroom. How likely is it that there is a furry helper with you? 99% Simon will be there staring at me and Max is likely to feel it necessary to use the box!

7. What is the best piece of advice you have received? Do unto others as you would have them do unto you!

8. Do you sweat or glow?
Sorry, I know it's unladylike but I sweat!

9. Can you drive a manual transmission (stick shift)? I used to be able to. With some practice, probably.

We're all drinking fuzzy navels. I propose a toast to my mom, who is the strongest woman I know and my husband's dad who is a living saint.

bonus question: What is your name?[/quote] Cheryl

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
1. What cd(s) are in your cd player right now? John Denver

Always
Uncle Fester and Mark Kumpf driving up to my home and dumping a semi load of feral cats on my land

I thank people for thinking of me, and put the gifts in the attic.

b) What is the worst gift you remember getting? A gazing ball for my flower garden

What memories would you erase if you could (if any)? To many to list

6. You are in the bathroom. How likely is it that there is a furry helper with you? Furry Helper? Put a plural to it, and you have your answer. Thinking of installing a cat door on the bathroom door.

7. What is the best piece of advice you have received? To allow healing both inside and out

8. Do you sweat or glow?
HA! I sweat!

9. Can you drive a manual transmission (stick shift)? Yep love stick shifts

Sorry I don't drink- but I would wish a toast of Peace to all-

Mary Anne

grneyedmustang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
1. What cd(s) are in your cd player right now? a mix cd, with a bunch of "club" tracks on it

2. Do you generally read the intros, jackets and acknowledgments in books? sometimes, depends on the author

3. What was the most recent dream that you remember? it was about one of my coworkers....dont want to say any more

4. a) What do you do about those gifts that aren't in your taste but you don't want to hurt the giver's feelings? I say "thank you, I really appreciate it", and keep it for later....I am one of the world's worst pack rats

b) What is the worst gift you remember getting? a personal body alarm

What memories would you erase if you could (if any)? I would erase some of the cruel things said to me during childhood (especially middle school...middle school kids are the WORST)

6. You are in the bathroom. How likely is it that there is a furry helper with you? 99% - she follows me around where ever I go!!!

7. What is the best piece of advice you have received? In life, people make choices...and everything that happens is a result of a choice that you've made...

8. Do you sweat or glow? both

9. Can you drive a manual transmission (stick shift)? no...but it's on my to-do list!

10. Propose a toast to someone, anyone at all. (And tell us what we're drinking.) I propose a toast to my best friend, Chyvaun....she's been there for me through the good and the bad!!!

Bonus: What is your name? Paula

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A bizarre home-burned compilation of songs that many of you have probably never heard of. Grasped fron the old Napster in the days before that was a federal offense.

2. Do you generally read the intros, jackets and acknowledgments in books? Always. Usually before, during, and after.

Last night's. A person I haven't seen in awhile came over to my house. Only, of course, it wasn't my house. And while I was showing her around my house, I noticed that I had hardwood flooring. I thought I was an idiot because I have been thinking a lot about replacing my carpet with wood and why would I spend so much time thinking about something I already had? You really have to love dreams.

Put away, give away, or throw out, depending on the giver.

The worst gift I ever got was a pair of really nice earrings from my ex-husband for my birthday. I wore them to the company Xmas party about a month later and found out that they were shopped for and purchased by some woman from the office who I had never even met before.

NONE! Look what happened to Ronald Reagan!

Pretty much a lock. Winning lottery tickets should come so easily.

Treat others the way you want to be treated.

8. Do you sweat or glow?

The only reason I glow is because I recently had radioactive dye injected into my body. Other than that, I sweat.

YES! My best friend finally taught me 10 years ago, where others had failed miserably. The next 2 vehicles I owned were stick. I love it!

I am toasting Colby, because she makes me laugh. We're drinking water. She knows why.

Look down and remove the feline decorations. >^^<

dima

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
1. Loreena McKennitt in the bedroom, Brother Bear in the living room (daughter is listening to it...good stuff, Phil Collins!)

2. I read it all. Front to back. Or sometimes back to front
I read the bottom of the tissue box. I read everything. I'm addicted!

3. Last night I dreamed that Pookie and moth had a beautiful litter of kittens. Freaked me out because Moth has been spayed for nearly 9 years and Pookie has been neutered since February (he's about 10 months old). There were 13 kittens and most of them were torties like Moth and 4 of them looked just like Pookie. 1 was a ginger tabby who looked and acted suspiciously like Frodo.

4. a) I say thank you (enthusiastically) and then get rid of them or put them away somewhere.

b) I got a mop for my 16th birthday. I was devastated. Was a very good mop, though

5. I'd erase the memory of what happened to my daughter in the last days and hours of her life. I'd also erase the memory of what I read in the coroner's report.

6. 100% probability. I can't remember the last time I went potty at home without "help."

7. My 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Dickson. I was being chased by the boys and it made me nuts. She said something that has stuck with me forever and has applied to so many other things. She said, "If you don't run, they can't chase you." Think about it

8. I glow
Unless I'm nervous, then I sweat!

9. Absolutely. Prefer it to an automatic. Hate automatics, but that's what my Camry is. I'm willing to live with it only because the Camry has lived forever

10. I propose a toast to my mother (with virgin margaritas, we don't drink), who in spite of all her pain and harships, in spite of hating and abusing me as a child (I hated her, too) has redeemed herself 1000 times over and has become one of my only friends. She's been there for me when no one else was and has helped me more than any mother should ever have to. She's now a wonderful mother and the best grandmother a mom could as for for her child. To my mommy!!

bonus question: My name is Diana-Marie

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I don't have any CD in my stereo at the moment

No. I just get right to the story.

I had a dream about being chased by a bunch of My Little Pony Collectors who wanted some of my Ponies.

I tell them thank you, then I try to return it to the store for cash or exchange the gift for something I'd like better.

A house dress.

Hmmmmm. That's a hard one. I have a lot of them, but really don't want to go into them on a public forum.

Most likely 2 furry friends.

Don't be so negative.

8. Do you sweat or glow?

I sweat.

I can drive a manual transmission, although right now my car is an automatic.

I'd toast Paul Stanley for being one of the greatest entertainers in the world, and I'd be drinking a glass of Vanilla Diet Pepsi.

My name is Hope

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Clay Aiken: Measure of a Man in the car, the player in my living room is broken
Only when I'm trying to decide which to buy

Its a recurring dream. I'm either walking into my house alone or with friends to show them the house and its NOT the house I currently own. But its the same house in each dream

I thank them and make some comment about the gift. Then I either regift it, or give it to someone that truly likes it
A purple sweater my brother's ex gave me. It was 2 sizes too small to encourage my diet which I wasn't on

too many to list. top on the list would be when I had to ID the body of a friend who had died of carbon monoxide poisoning in his car
Maybe the question should be How likely would it be that there would NOT be a furry helper? I even get help brushing my teeth and washing my face
2...Tough times never last but tough people do.
Nothing in life worth having or keeping is going to be effortless or painless

8. Do you sweat or glow?

I glow...except when its hot out, then I sweat
I had 2 lessons. Would YOU let me drive a stick??

Drinking Chocolate milkshakes: Here's to ME! And to YOU! For being the best person you can be!
bonus question: What is your name? Sandy

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no idea.......long time since I played it.

generally, once in a while

just last night.......someone stole my car!

4. a) What do you do about those gifts that aren't in your taste but you don't want to hurt the giver's feelings? accept them and say thank you

b) What is the worst gift you remember getting? gees, there's been too many to list.

What memories would you erase if you could (if any)? My father and dogs and grandmother dying.

6. You are in the bathroom. How likely is it that there is a furry helper with you? Oh, a very good chance.....Tiggy tries to "help" and Petals tries to climb into my lap. Trixie leaves me alone when I'm in there.

Try not to have any regrets.

8. Do you sweat or glow? Well, of course I glow.....

Nope

10. Propose a toast to someone, anyone at all. (And tell us what we're drinking.) I propose a toast to all my new friends on TCS. This is the best place for meeting people with the same interest.........our kitties! (We're drinking stawberry daquaris!)

bonus question: What is your name? Susie

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Artful Badger

(hint: select quote reply for easy answering.)

~~~~~~~~ =^..^= ~~~~~~~

1. What cd(s) are in your cd player right now? Santana's Greatest Hits

Always!

I dreamt that we were having our heater repaired, and I went down the cellar to see what progress was being made, only to find dozens of stray cats and dogs, and a monkey had come in because the repairmen had left the door open.

I thank the giver, and put the gift in the attic or cellar, where my husband will find it and throw it out.

b) What is the worst gift you remember getting? Costume jewelry, necklaces to be exact.

What memories would you erase if you could (if any)? Being on the scene of an accident where a guy was beheaded, and I tripped over his head, though 9/11 was just as bad, if not worse.

6. You are in the bathroom. How likely is it that there is a furry helper with you? About 80%.

7. What is the best piece of advice you have received? Having children is a big part of life, but not necessarily the most important, so don't dwell on it.

8. Do you sweat or glow?
I sweat.

9. Can you drive a manual transmission (stick shift)? Yes, but I think automatic transmissions are safer for city driving (we've had stick shifts for the past 24 years, and I'm going to insist on an automatic in our next car).

I'd like to toast all those involved in animal rescue organizations - you make a difference for many! Diet Coke.

Patricia, but I've always gone by Tricia.

<3baci-n-system

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
incubus, godsmack, no redeeming social value, sick of it all, staind

nope. i rarley read the middle of the book!!!

ha ha i never remember my dreams, but the other night i dreamt that i was at a party at my moms house we were all outside when walking up the driveway is all the guys from the sopranos. so their in the backyard burring bodies!! i know in reality my mom would never let this happen so i'm just looking at her and she's not saying anything...then i woke up

i still would say that i liked it. i can't be mean to people even though it is honest

b) What is the worst gift you remember getting?a couple years ago i asked my mom for christmas to get me barbells for my eyebrow piercing. so christmas day i'm opening my stuff and she's like open this one! it's so heavy and i'm thinking ::censor::censor::censor:: so i open it and its a little set of barbells the ones that you lift!! ohhhh i was hysterical when she said "that's what you wanted right?" we were all dying laughing! i know it's not the worst gift but a pretty funny one

What memories would you erase if you could (if any)?i wouldn't erase any of my memorys even the really bad ones. you learn from your mistakes, and something good always comes out of something bad.

6. You are in the bathroom. How likely is it that there is a furry helper with you?lol good one!! i'd say about 60% of the time!! if there not in the bathroom there always outside the door either scratching or sticking their paws under it!!!

my cosmetology teacher always said 'time is money' and it's definatly true
8. Do you sweat or glow?
i would say glow, i don't really sweat

9. Can you drive a manual transmission (stick shift)?i haven't in a while but yes! if it was an emergency or something....

i would like to propose a toast to all of our wonderfully perfect kitties beacuse without them we wouldn't know each other, and we wouldn't have them to light up our lives everyday! ( were drinking malibu bay breezes)

my name is jenny

vinceneilsgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Motley Crue-Shout at the Devil

Not usually

I dreamt that my stepgrandma was in a coma. Man, I hope that wasn't one of my clairvoyant dreams.

I just keep them.

The chicken pox

I'd make it so my friend Shelli had never died.

Most likely

Not really advice, but a Jewish proverb; "He who saves one life saves the world entire."

8. Do you sweat or glow?
I sweat

I don't know how to drive at all

I toast Hissy for being such an awesome cat rescuer, and ValanB for being a fellow Cruehead! (We're drinking Mountain Dew...I don't drink alcohol)

Staci

sandra

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

An R and B CD but I forgot the name of the artist

If their of any interest I do.

The last daydream I had was that the world was coming to an end and I was caught up in it

Keep them anyway

cant really remember

The bad parts of my childhood and replace it with only good parts.

Yes there is.... The half-kid Tiger follows me in the loo all of the time

The advice given to me by TCS.

8. Do you sweat or glow?

I sweat.

dont know how to drive a car..... Take public transportation.

we are drinking soda.

bonus question: What is your name?Sandra