10 Kitty Questions

troublesome2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1. What type of food do you feed your kitties? wiskas adult food but only jelly as they are picky, also biscuits for indoor cats

2. What type of litter do you use? anti bac asdas stuff, nothing to fancy but it does the job as their littler tray is HUGE!

3. Do they have kitty furniture? they have more furniture as i do!! the main one being the giant cat rtree!

4. Do you give them kitty treats? If so, what kind? yes, ones for their teeth

5. How many kitties do you have? 2

6. Have you met your kitty quota or do you want more kitties in the future? for now i have living in a flat.

7. Do you prefer a certain breed of cat, or perfer long hair over short hair, or tabby over all white? i love ginger cats for sure! also Bengal's

8. Did you get your kitties from a shelter, out of the paper, from a breeder?
Lily was from a paper article i found and Alfie was an ad on the internet

9. Are you a breeder and if so what type of cat do you breed? nope

10. If you could buy any breed today (money isn't an issue) and you had room for just one more kitty, what would you get? a Bengal

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. What type of food do you feed your kitties?
W/D Feline Dry that I buy from the Vet. Abby won't eat any other type of food except that one.

Chynna is 15 years old and while her teeth look healthy and she can eat the dry without problem, I give her Friskies wet food every evening for dinner. The rest of the time she gets dry. Abby doesn't like wet so she doesn't get any.

2. What type of litter do you use?
Jonny Cat Scooping Clumping litter. I go through two 8 kilogram bags per month for my 2 cats.

3. Do they have kitty furniture?
No special furniture designed especially for them.

4. Do you give them kitty treats? If so, what kind?
No special kitty treats, though sometimes I will share what I'm eating with Chynna, and Abby will have a lick or two of certain things that I eat, but she doesn't really care for people food.

5. How many kitties do you have?
Two girls

6. Have you met your kitty quota or do you want more kitties in the future?
I would love to have more cats, but my health and budget doesn't permit it right now. Plus I live in an apartment building that doesn't allow cats. However, they know I have 2 and don't say anything because I keep the litter clean and my cats aren't destructive or noisey.

7. Do you prefer a certain breed of cat, or perfer long hair over short hair, or tabby over all white?
I love all cats.

Chynna was abandoned in a building I used to live in. The security people tried to locate her home but weren't successful and turned her outside.d I found her the next morning and took her in with the intention of taking her to the Humane Society that evening. However, she made herself right at home and gave me nose kisses when I got home. So it seemed that she had adopted me and stayed

I got Abby sight unseen from my friend's daughter's former room-mate who had a kitten that she needed to rehome. Abby was 12 weeks when she came to live with me.

9. Are you a breeder and if so what type of cat do you breed?
No. I don't believe in breeding cats. There are enough unwanted and homeless cats in the world without adding anymore.

10. If you could buy any breed today (money isn't an issue) and you had room for just one more kitty, what would you get?
I wouldn't. I would take that money and instead of giving it to one person's cat breeding business, I would donate the money to a shelter so it can save the lives of many cats.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Normally Chicken Soup... but we're also trying out all of our samples we've been getting!

Currently Tidy cats, non clumping litter (because of the kittens)... when the babies are older, we'll go back to Fresh Step scoobable.

Right now, only one scratching post... we built them a big playhouse out of cardboard boxes but it fell apart.

Yep, right now just the different samples of treats we have (mainly Zukes)... did give Pounce before the recalls but won't be giving those anymore.

At the moment, 17 cats and kittens... but most are fosters that are going to their new homes soon.

I'd like to have no more than 7 or 8 permanent cats when all the kittens are adopted out (we are keeping a few of them)... that way I can still continue to foster pregnant cats and/or bottle babies without being overwhelmed.

7. Do you prefer a certain breed of cat, or perfer long hair over short hair, or tabby over all white?
I don't really have a preference, I love all cats. I do have my favorite colors, and generally prefer shorthair... but I prefer to pick my cats based on personality and not looks.

All of the cats I have now, I have found, except for Spike & Tabitha (stopped at a "free kitten" sign but I still consider them rescues. And the kittens were all born here, to pregnant cats that I rescued.

No.

10. If you could buy any breed today (money isn't an issue) and you had room for just one more kitty, what would you get?
I'd love to have a Bengal someday!

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

- Royal Canin Dry

- The Best Cat Litter In The World (I think that's what it's called
)

- He has the whole house .... I would say yes!

- He hates treats and has no interest in human food.

-Only one, my sexay beast Quill

- I would like to have another two cats eventually.

- No, no, and no. I love all cats and their colours.

- Shelter.

- Nope.

- Siberian Forest Cat.

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. What type of food do you feed your kitties? Eukanuba indoor dry; Authority brand wet a few times a month.

2. What type of litter do you use? Swheat Scoop

3. Do they have kitty furniture? Aboslutely

No, not very often, but sometime we buy Greenies.

5. How many kitties do you have? 2

I think we're at our max.

7. Do you prefer a certain breed of cat, or perfer long hair over short hair, or tabby over all white? I don't have a real preference for breed, but do lean for short haired.

8. Did you get your kitties from a shelter, out of the paper, from a breeder? Local non-kill rescues - both we found through Petfinder.com

9. Are you a breeder and if so what type of cat do you breed? No, I have no interest in breeding.

10. If you could buy any breed today (money isn't an issue) and you had room for just one more kitty, what would you get? I'd adopt another kitty regardless of background. I'm not really into the whole purebred thing - I'd just want to find a cat who would be a good fit for our family.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All three eat Purina NF canned food, as well as Hills Science Diet or Fancy Feast with phosphorus binders added (2 of my girls are CRF.)

Either Meijer store brand (clumps fantastic!) or Scoop Away

Two cat trees, two window perches, 4 assorted beds (as well as every other piece of furniture in the house!)

Since two have CRF, their treats are either boiled chicken breast or "crunchies", which is Hills k/d dry food (liberally laced with phosphorus binders.)

Three DLH girls

I'm at my financial and emotional limit with three...two of which have an expensive chronic medical condition

For some reason, I seem partial to long haired kitties

All three of my girls are rescues

Not a breeder

I love Ragdolls, Maine Coons, Norweigen Forest Cats and Selkirk Rex...but I'd probably get another long haired rescue

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pookie-poo;1885257 said:
Nutro Indoor Dry and wet (Summer is a UTI kitty, and the higher quality brands have too much magnesium).

Tidy Cats Scoopable (long lasting)

Yes. Beds and a condo, scratching posts...

Greenies

Two

We've met our current limit for now

Doesn't matter

Rescue groups

Nope. I'll never breed.

I would donate the adoption fee so a kitty from a shelter would have a better chance at finding a new home.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
1. What type of food do you feed your kitties? - dry - Whiskas, tinned - Whiskas/Snappy Tom (he looooves chunky fish)
2. What type of litter do you use? - a generic brand the clay stuff, we tried crystals and he didn't like them
3. Do they have kitty furniture? - lots of toys and things, but we didn't introduce him to kitty furniture as he isn't hugely adventurous
4. Do you give them kitty treats? If so, what kind? - he has milk hearts (heart shaped chicken/milk candy) or sometimes i buy him the dried fishies to chomp on or the Whiskas dentabites
5. How many kitties do you have? - 1 at my house, another with Tristan
6. Have you met your kitty quota or do you want more kitties in the future? - We probably won't have another till we move house, too much pain losing Jazzy and Charlies just recovered from his anxiety and depression, becoming his own cat
7. Do you prefer a certain breed of cat, or perfer long hair over short hair, or tabby over all white? - we've always had dsh, but i would love to one day have a silver long haired tabby or something creamy coloure or a ragdoll
8. Did you get your kitties from a shelter, out of the paper, from a breeder? - shelter
9. Are you a breeder and if so what type of cat do you breed? - ---
10. If you could buy any breed today (money isn't an issue) and you had room for just one more kitty, what would you get? - I want a ragdoll!!!

chrissyr

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
1. What type of food do you feed your kitties? Friskies wet and Chicken Soup dry

2. What type of litter do you use? Tidy cat scoopable and cheap non-clumping

3. Do they have kitty furniture? Tons! My boys even have their own miniture bed. LOL

4. Do you give them kitty treats? If so, what kind? Nope

5. How many kitties do you have? Oh boy. We have about 15 indoor cats and a total of 35 outdoor. 4 are ours, the rest are feral/strays.

6. Have you met your kitty quota or do you want more kitties in the future? We're done unless some wanderer shows up at our door.

7. Do you prefer a certain breed of cat, or perfer long hair over short hair, or tabby over all white? No preference. All are welcome and loved here.

8. Did you get your kitties from a shelter, out of the paper, from a breeder? Our Persians from a breeder, everyone else was stray/abandoned

9. Are you a breeder and if so what type of cat do you breed? Nope

10. If you could buy any breed today (money isn't an issue) and you had room for just one more kitty, what would you get? I'd adopt

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TiffanyL

Here are some questions that I'd love feedback on. I love to compare and get different ideas on items for our cats.

1. Hills Prescription Diet T/D and R/D mix (tooth food and wieght-loss food mix)

2. President's Choice (Loblaws) Green (This is only available in Canada, I think)

3. Only a scratching post that never gets used in the basement. I plan to build a small cat-tree soon.

4. They are not very interested in treats. Catnip toys are sometimes a hit, if that counts.

5. 2 cats

6. I think two is enough. As they are indoor cats, I have so many psychological/behavioural things to consider, plus the fur and litter is a handful.

7. Short hair as this is what I'm used to and the short hair fur is enough already!

8. One from a Vet-style shelter, the other from a co-worker whose cats had kittens.

9. No, I'm not a breeder.

10. A Bengal. 2nd choice, a Maine Coone. But, neither of these are realistic choices for my lifestyle. So, honestly just another cat from the pound!

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TiffanyL

1. Whiskas and/or Felix
2. That's a very good question! We're trying different types right now to see what's best for her.
3. We have no kitty furniture, but she sleeps on the chairs, beds, and even the tables! Even though she knows she's not allowed.
4. We tried giving her these milk drops, but she hated them!
5. First we had Tab, who had 2 be pts not long ago, and then we got Mitzi, so I guess you could call that 2.
6. We want more!!!!
7. Any breed will do! As long as they are cute and fuzzy hehe

8. From the RSPCA
9. Nope!
10. I'd probably get a bengal kitten, omg how sweet are they!?!

tickytat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ooh I'm such a sucker for surveys!

Here are some questions that I'd love feedback on. I love to compare and get different ideas on items for our cats.

1. What type of food do you feed your kitties? I feed her Wellness canned.

2. What type of litter do you use? I use Arm & Hammer unscented scoopable.

3. Do they have kitty furniture? She has a scratching post, that's all there's room for!

4. Do you give them kitty treats? If so, what kind? No treats, she's obese and needs to lose.

5. How many kitties do you have? Just allowed to have only one.

6. Have you met your kitty quota or do you want more kitties in the future? I'd love more but landlord said only one. Probably good thing or I'd have 10 or more...

7. Do you prefer a certain breed of cat, or perfer long hair over short hair, or tabby over all white? My favorites are the short-haired, all black kitties, or torties. But, no matter what the color, I'm a sucker for the fat cats!

8. Did you get your kitties from a shelter, out of the paper, from a breeder? She was a cage baby from the shelter.

9. Are you a breeder and if so what type of cat do you breed? Not a breeder... I leave that to more experienced people!

10. If you could buy any breed today (money isn't an issue) and you had room for just one more kitty, what would you get? A TIGER!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I mean a REAL tiger. But seriously, I like the Exotics. I think they're called that... they have a really round face/head.... so cute!