10 Kitty Questions

isadora44

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
1. What type of food do you feed your kitties? Nutro brand

2. What type of litter do you use? Nature's Miracle

3. Do they have kitty furniture? Just a cat tree

4. Do you give them kitty treats? If so, what kind? My husband and Isadora have "kitty treat time" every evening...it's their special bonding moment.

5. How many kitties do you have? 2, Spot and Isadora

6. Have you met your kitty quota or do you want more kitties in the future? I've had thoughts of getting a third, but my Isadora has a very difficult time with other cats. Getting her used to spot was an ordeal.

7. Do you prefer a certain breed of cat, or perfer long hair over short hair, or tabby over all white? I adore orange kitties! Egyptian Mau's are pretty too, but really I like any kind of cat.
8. Did you get your kitties from a shelter, out of the paper, from a breeder? I got Isadora from a friend in high school when her cat had kittens. Spot showed up on my doorstep one day and I decided to keep her!

9. Are you a breeder and if so what type of cat do you breed? Nope

10. If you could buy any breed today (money isn't an issue) and you had room for just one more kitty, what would you get? I would rescue one from the humane society

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TiffanyL

Here are some questions that I'd love feedback on. I love to compare and get different ideas on items for our cats.
1. What type of food do you feed your kitties? Nutro Natural Choice Complete Care Kitten dry and Nutro Adult formula wet.. because they have an assortment of flavors and the kitten one just has one. I don't feed her much wet, just enough to help with her hydration and such.

2. What type of litter do you use? I mix Swheat Scoop with Arm & Hammer

3. Do they have kitty furniture? Yes, she has a cat tree that's about 6 feet tall

4. Do you give them kitty treats? If so, what kind? Of course! She has Kitty Kaviar and an assortment of lesser quality treats (unfortunately she likes them more)

5. How many kitties do you have? Just one

6. Have you met your kitty quota or do you want more kitties in the future? I want just 1 more so that she has a playmate

7. Do you prefer a certain breed of cat, or perfer long hair over short hair, or tabby over all white? I definately prefer short haired cats for my home. I like cats that have interesting colorings and markings.

8. Did you get your kitties from a shelter, out of the paper, from a breeder? I got Princess from a breeder.

9. Are you a breeder and if so what type of cat do you breed? Nope, but I think it'd be lots of fun! Just not in the cards for me right now.

10. If you could buy any breed today (money isn't an issue) and you had room for just one more kitty, what would you get? Russian Blue or Korat

tnkittymom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1. What type of food do you feed your kitties?
Felidae dry and FF canned, but that's only until the FF is gone...getting ready to change to Merrick canned with the Felidae

2. What type of litter do you use?
Scoop Away and Arm & Hammer

3. Do they have kitty furniture?
yes, large cat tree, single cat condo, several beds, small tunnel with scratching post attached, etc.

4. Do you give them kitty treats? If so, what kind?
No

5. How many kitties do you have?
2 definites, but fostering 3 more, so 5 all together

6. Have you met your kitty quota or do you want more kitties in the future?
at our quota unless extreme emergency arises and a kitty needs help

7. Do you prefer a certain breed of cat, or perfer long hair over short hair, or tabby over all white?
We're Tortie lovers (4 out of 5 cats here are Torties)

8. Did you get your kitties from a shelter, out of the paper, from a breeder?
2 are from the shelter; 1 is from someone my husband works with that took in a Momma and her kittens; 2 are owner releases (we had talked to her prior to adopting Reyah and Hera, but didn't take them; got an urgent email from her asking for advice, so we brought them here)

9. Are you a breeder and if so what type of cat do you breed?
Nope

10. If you could buy any breed today (money isn't an issue) and you had room for just one more kitty, what would you get?
My dream cat is an Ocicat, but I just can't bring myself to pay for a cat from a breeder when our local shelters are so overrun with cats

lovinmom828

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Here are some questions that I'd love feedback on. I love to compare and get different ideas on items for our cats.

Purina Pro Plan

Tidy Cats w/ Arm & Hammer Multicat hard clumping

Small Cat Tree

Greenies and They love Turkey

2 kitties

Yes would love more but still trying to talk my hubby into a few more haha.

7. Do you prefer a certain breed of cat, or perfer long hair over short hair, or tabby over all white?

Any Breed Love Them All

Howler we saved he was living outside at my mother in laws for awhile and we took him in and Kera my hubby got her for me for our 5year anv. Froma pet shop in town.

nope

10. If you could buy any breed today (money isn't an issue) and you had room for just one more kitty, what would you get?
I would take any cat too hard to just choose one breed when they are all equally beautiful in there own ways.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. What type of food do you feed your kitties? Royal Canin dry, Friskies, Nature's Recipe, and Natural Choice canned

2. What type of litter do you use? Special Kitty (Walmart)

3. Do they have kitty furniture? Treehouse and a few special kitty beds

4. Do you give them kitty treats? If so, what kind? Besides the people treats of cheese, meats, Charlie likes Feline Greenies; Ling doesn't!

5. How many kitties do you have? 2 and a Lab who thinks she's a cat

6. Have you met your kitty quota or do you want more kitties in the future?Need to add a Chocolate-Silver Ocicat to the household

7. Do you prefer a certain breed of cat, or perfer long hair over short hair, or tabby over all white? I like certain breeds (oci, oriental, rex) and prefer SH to LH - with the oriental/rex you can have any colors

8. Did you get your kitties from a shelter, out of the paper, from a breeder? Charlie is from a breeder; Ling is out of the last litter of our barn cats.

9. Are you a breeder and if so what type of cat do you breed? Ex-breeder - bred and showed Cornish rexes and one litter of Russian Blues.

10. If you could buy any breed today (money isn't an issue) and you had room for just one more kitty, what would you get? Chocolate Silver Ocicat

thepatches

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
1. What type of food do you feed your kitties? Whiskas for right now.

2. What type of litter do you use? Tidy Cats with some Baking Soda

3. Do they have kitty furniture? We buy water by the boxful and the boxes sit around until they are burned. She loves them

4. Do you give them kitty treats? Those nes that look like dried meat and smell like dog poo. Man she loves those more than anything in the world. I forget the brand though...

5. How many kitties do you have? 1

6. Have you met your kitty quota or do you want more kitties in the future? I want to have one or two more.

7. Do you prefer a certain breed of cat, or perfer long hair over short hair, or tabby over all white? I prefer SH cats, but will take in and care for any of them.

8. Did you get your kitties from a shelter, out of the paper, from a breeder? D was given to me for my b-day from a friends mother. She had found her in her backyard.

9. Are you a breeder and if so what type of cat do you breed? Nope!

10. If you could buy any breed today (money isn't an issue) and you had room for just one more kitty, what would you get? I'm in love with he Sphynxes and Rexes. I want one soo bad but it's hard to bring myself to pay that much for a cat >.>

moods

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
1. What type of food do you feed your kitties? whiskers kitten pouches

2. What type of litter do you use? katzan

3. Do they have kitty furniture? a scrach post/house

4. Do you give them kitty treats? If so, what kind? whiskers kitten bites

5. How many kitties do you have? one

6. Have you met your kitty quota or do you want more kitties in the future?undecided

7. Do you prefer a certain breed of cat, or perfer long hair over short hair, or tabby over all white? i love all cats

8. Did you get your kitties from a shelter, out of the paper, from a breeder? from a friend

9. Are you a breeder and if so what type of cat do you breed? no

10. If you could buy any breed today (money isn't an issue) and you had room for just one more kitty, what would you get? prob a Persian kitten bcoz they are so cute

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Generally Cat Chow, also a can of Fancy Feast each a day.

Store-Brand clumping litter.

1 kitty condo, and a cat tree

Luv's or Pounce

For now only two because of a space issue, however I am planning on purchasing a house within the year and then will have at least 2 more

I like both long and short hair, and perfer solid grey or grey/white coloring
Both from a shelter

am not a breeder

Russian Blue or RagDoll

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. What type of food do you feed your kitties? Raw, Dry - Royal Canin switching to Eagle Pack, Wet - Eagle Pack

2. What type of litter do you use? Store brand clumping

3. Do they have kitty furniture? 3 trees/condos, a tunnel, beds

4. Do you give them kitty treats? If so, what kind? No, he doesn't like them

5. How many kitties do you have? 1, for the moment but there are 6 others in the house

6. Have you met your kitty quota or do you want more kitties in the future?There will be more

7. Do you prefer a certain breed of cat, or perfer long hair over short hair, or tabby over all white? In love with Ocicats, but like both long and short hair cats

8. Did you get your kitties from a shelter, out of the paper, from a breeder? A lovely breeder

10. If you could buy any breed today (money isn't an issue) and you had room for just one more kitty, what would you get? Tawny, Chocolate or Lavender Oci's. Blue Colourpoint or a Blue-White bicolour BSH

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Canned: Merrick, especially the Southern Delight flavor, which they love
Dry: Natural Balance and Chicken Soup For The Cat Lover's Soul

Tidy Cats Immediate Odor Control. Between that and our Litter Robot, smell is almost never noticeable!

Oh yes! Two trees, a little sofa, a windowshelf, and many various beds, blankets, and pillows.

Not anymore -- with the cat food scare, we dropped manufactured treats. Now their treats are minced-up low-fat ham or turkey (from packages we buy for my father). And every time we have Italian food, St. John comes running, because he loves parmesan!

A total of six in the house I'm sharing with my parents -- but two are mine, and will go home with me when I move back to my apartment... someday.

Well, waaaannnt is one thing -- can afford to have... that's another! Actually, we have far exceeded what would have been a reasonable limit for us. If my parents' living arrangements have to change as they age, we will be hard-pressed to find a place that will allow all their kitties. But we will!

They all have their charms... I truly find beauty in them all, although certainly it's not as readily evident in poor nekkid Sphynxes, for example. But if I knew a Sphynx, I'm sure he would become beautiful to me.

Ours are all shelter kitties, and every one a treasure!

No, not a breeder.

I'd love to have a Ragdoll -- so there would always be at least one kitty who wants to be snuggled!
(But like most others here, I would not buy a kitty... unless that were the only way to rescue it from a bad situation.)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Zoey eats Nutros Natural choice for dry ...

she likes cooked lamb and chicken and raw beef ...

canned she like wellness , natural life and solid gold

chicken feed ( egg crumbles ) or swheet scoop depending on $$

yes six different pieces( cat post/ tree type) thru the house.. multiple beds ... Zoey want s a 7 ft tower, I told her she needs a job

she likes wildside salmon thou I am trying new stuff all the time

currently one as my 2nd passed on May 21 st

right now yes as my heart is still in the bleeding stage ... later I would be willing to be owned by up to 6 I think

I love siamese and snowshoes... I suspect Zoey is part bengal and would love a pure breed
..... but I also love mostly white cats
... short hair

shelter that didnt define FERAL well to me... live and learn

N/A

bengal , savannah , siamese or snowshoe

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
dry - Royal Canin Indoor and Maine Coon as well as Wellness. Wet - Meow mix Pouches

Scoopable (They hate the newspaper kinds.
)

Yes - window seats and cat beds.

Temptations and fish flakes

3 plus a fourth watching from the RB.

I would like to have more in the future but right now we're at the city ordinances quota.

No preference. Love them all, especially Russian Blues.

All of mine were either shelter rescues or strays we took in.

Not a breeder.

Another cat from the shelter, especially one's that get overlooked because of a disability or age.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Natural Balance and Science Diet

Arm & Hammer or whatever is on sale and clumps

3. Do they have kitty furniture? Its all their furniture. Ther is one cat tree we found at Goodwill for $5 and some kitty beds. Someday I want a house with lots of ramps and goodies built in for the cats

4. Do you give them kitty treats? If so, what kind? Seb loves treats - usually whatever is on sale. He gets a few a week.

Two.

Always want more but have no space or money for them now.

No preference, whoever shows up or needs me most.

Seb adopted me one day, Daphne came from CL asa kitten.

Nope

If money were not an issue (wouldn't that be great), I would not purchase a purebred unless it was at a shelter. Only adoptions for me.

noludoru

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

1. What type of food do you feed your kitties? Right now we feed Wellness canned. We fed raw for a week when we ran out of Wellness and couldn't get any more... they did so much better on it. And boy did they smell better, too.

2. What type of litter do you use? Clumping litter.. that stuff at Petco that you can scoop out of the big bin. Don't remember what it's called atm.

3. Do they have kitty furniture? Heck yes. Cat tree and a scratching post. Going to get them another cat-tree soon, as it will be greatly appreciated by them.

4. Do you give them kitty treats? If so, what kind? Not really.. I use their regular food as treats. I also use small bits of veggies, meat, fruit, etc that they like. Only fresh, non-processed stuff, though.

5. How many kitties do you have? Three.

6. Have you met your kitty quota or do you want more kitties in the future? I have more than met my kitty-quota. Only one kitty for me in the future, I think.

7. Do you prefer a certain breed of cat, or perfer long hair over short hair, or tabby over all white? I really like the look of Spyhnxs and Bengals, as well as Abys, Siamese (not the extreme show cats) and Turkish Vans. I kind of run the gamut for looks. My favorite coloring, hands down, is orange. Orange tabbies make my day. Except classic patterned ones, it's my favorite tabby pattern but I don't like it on the orange kitties for some reason. I prefer long hair for looks, and strangely enough, upkeep. Long hair is easier to groom, IMO, and easier on my vacuum.

8. Did you get your kitties from a shelter, out of the paper, from a breeder? One shelter kitty. Two kitties from people who didn't spay their cats and were giving week old kittens away.

9. Are you a breeder and if so what type of cat do you breed? I will never be a breeder of anything... too much expense and too much responsibility. However, I applaud responsible, reputable breeders.

10. If you could buy any breed today (money isn't an issue) and you had room for just one more kitty, what would you get? As I said I will not bring another kitty home... but if that was the case. Oh my. I don't know... probably a Turkish Van. Perhaps a Siamese. Too much decision-making!!!
I hope I've helped!

shakadaka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
1. What type of food do you feed your kitties? Iam's, Eukanuba and Friskies.

2. What type of litter do you use? Oderless Clumping Litter.

3. Do they have kitty furniture? Yes, scratching-poles, cat tree's and wands and balls etc etc

4. Do you give them kitty treats? If so, what kind? All sorts, they like their bits of cheese most

5. How many kitties do you have? 6 !

6. Have you met your kitty quota or do you want more kitties in the future? Maybe just 1 moreeeeeeeeee

7. Do you prefer a certain breed of cat, or perfer long hair over short hair, or tabby over all white? RagDoll and MaineCoons, Long hair, all colors.

8. Did you get your kitties from a shelter, out of the paper, from a breeder? Shelter for 3, Street for 1, a friend for 1 and a breeder for 1.

9. Are you a breeder and if so what type of cat do you breed? Not a breeder.

10. If you could buy any breed today (money isn't an issue) and you had room for just one more kitty, what would you get? Another RagDoll or a MaineCoon, and I would go and adopt one from the SPCA to keep it company !

danimarie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
~Friskies and Iams Wet and small amounts of different dries to accomodate their own personal needs.

~Whatever is cheapest, we used to buy the expensive kind, but hey, they poop, we clean....what's the difference?

~Three cat beds, soon getting a cat cubby thingie.

~Only the older kitty...she gets treats to feel not so left out about the other two newest additions.

~One, Almost Five Months

~I want more.

~No preference, whoever is in need of love and care.

~All rescued from outdoor stray conditions, and all adjusted perfectly.

~Not a breeder

~Not a breed, I'd rescue as many cats as I could that need to be rescued.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

1. Maia is on a Purina Cat Chow diet since 8 months old, before that it was Nutromax kitten. Believe it or not, I have found Purina Cat Chow to be very appetizing and healthy for my cats through the past 20+ years.
2. My beloved Pandi was partial to Tidy cat kitty litter, very dry....Maia is happy with Fresh Step as well as I am, although all natural litters are the way to go, they are just to $ for us in NYC.
3. Maia has her custom built window perches, closet bed, ramp and runway to back door entrance.
4.Maia is very picky! Very picky! She is the first cat I have known to turn her head to Pounce!
5. Maia is an only child, though this is her preference, she thrives from my attention, not even simply human attention!
6. I will always have room to love more kitties, although sometimes it may not be what is best for my kitty at home. Maia is my first concern and her wishes are my respects.
7. Through out my life I have had several different color-domestic rescues rescue me as well and become my best friend, and each I would have never expected.
8. adopted through shelter, through advertisement, all rescue babies!
9. I love all cats, breed is not of importance, I feel many breeders are brining kitties into a world of false pretense and dis concern there after.
10. I never though about if I could buy a breed, only if I could help more cats in need.

kerry'n'ben

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
1. What type of food do you feed your kitties? Whiskas kitten food - dry and in gravy!

2. What type of litter do you use? Wood based, odour free - i find it alot less smelly!

3. Do they have kitty furniture? Not yet but he will in september!

4. Do you give them kitty treats? If so, what kind? Yes - more than i should
- whiskas temptations and tesco's own brand of fish flavoured cat sticks usually

5. How many kitties do you have? 1 kitten

6. Have you met your kitty quota or do you want more kitties in the future? Hope to get another later this year - after Indie has been snipped

7. Do you prefer a certain breed of cat, or perfer long hair over short hair, or tabby over all white? I have a soft spot for tuxedo cats but my fella likes ginger toms!

8. Did you get your kitties from a shelter, out of the paper, from a breeder? From someone i met through work - next time i definately wouldn't, she didn't care for him very well

9. Are you a breeder and if so what type of cat do you breed? No

10. If you could buy any breed today (money isn't an issue) and you had room for just one more kitty, what would you get? ... erm .. that's a tough one ....
i think probably a standard moggy again

Hope that is helpful

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
All three get RAW

It's always changing, but right now I'm using Yesterday's News (for the first time) and World's Best Cat Litter. I really like Scientific Professional Cat Litter too, since Willow likes it so much (it's really gentle on her paws), though it's REALLY expensive.

They don't have a cat tree yet, though I want to get them one as soon as I get my first paycheck. Otherwise, they do have window sills and book shelves and beds and couches and chairs and so on and so forth, lol. Just no cat tree.

I tend to avoid them now since I feed RAW (dry food and raw food digest at different times). Plus, Molly can't digest the carbs in dry food, so when I give Buffy and Willow a treat, I end up feeling like I should give Molly one too, so I just avoid it altogether. But sometimes they'll get pieces of chicken or fish or something from our dinner plates (greedy, pushy Willow gets the most, lol)

Three. There's 6 year old Willow (dilute tortoiseshell longhair), 4 year old Buffy (black shorthair), and 2 year old Molly (black and white shorthair). All are females, all are spayed, all are indoor-only.

Oh, I'm always craving another kitty, but I think I'm pretty close to my limit. Buffy has made Molly's arrival SO hard (Molly has been here for a year and a half now and Buffy still hates her). Another kitty would probably drive Buffy over the edge, lol. Plus, with feeding RAW, I don't think I could afford another kitty. I also have to factor in the costs in caring for my dog, who's now 9 years old and may start feeling the effects of age within a couple of years (right now he looks and acts like a MUCH younger dog, but you never know)

Well, thanks to Buffy, I've found that I'm REALLY fond of black cats, since they tend to be so much more laid back and people-friendly. I don't really prefer shorthair over longhair, since I've noticed no difference from Molly and Buffy to the longhairs we've had before (including Willow). Longhairs are more pleasing to the eye (my eye, anyway) and they're so nice to snuggle with, but I love having one of the cats sleep by my face and I've found it's hard to breathe with long hair getting inhaled up my nose, lol

Willow came from a free kittens ad in the paper (before we knew better), Buffy came from the vet hospital the day after her mom and litter (all strays, I believe) all died, and Molly we found lost/strayed on the streets and nobody called to claim her.

No, I'm not a breeder, and I don't anticipate ever becoming one. For one thing, we'll need to have a cat show held in this city, so that I can learn from the breeders and handlers there, and then I'll need to get some connections, and then I'll need to learn to drive (to get to shows), then I'll need to accept the idea that I won't make any money from it. So I don't realistically see myself becoming a breeder, but if the right opportunities come up, I might be involved in the cat show world (might not be until I'm in my 60s, though, lol). I'm more interested in rescue at the moment.

Well, I'm really warming up to Bengals lately. I'm not sure I would be an appropriate owner for one, though (can I give them the proper mental and physical exercise?). My Buffy is a pretty active, intelligent kitty, so I don't believe I'd be jumping into the bengal world blind (I might be half blind, but not wholly blind, lol). Otherwise, I've always liked Persians, but only the pointier face ones (not the smushed face ones). Other than that, any good ol' active moggy is my preference!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

1. What type of food do you feed your kitties? Wet and dry high quality such as Felidae, Solid Gold, Merrick, Wellness, EVO, and sometimes raw

2. What type of litter do you use? Went through many litters before finally deciding on clumping
3. Do they have kitty furniture? Yes, really big ones

4. Do you give them kitty treats? If so, what kind? Yes, 100% dried fish treats and Wellness kitty treats

5. How many kitties do you have? One

6. Have you met your kitty quota or do you want more kitties in the future? I have met my kitty quota at present, but who knows about the future

7. Do you prefer a certain breed of cat, or perfer long hair over short hair, or tabby over all white? Sphynx, short or little hair kitties are my favorite, also in dogs, I can't deal with the long hair, but for some reason think long hair grey or blue kitties are really gorgous

8. Did you get your kitties from a shelter, out of the paper, from a breeder? Breeder

9. Are you a breeder and if so what type of cat do you breed? Not a breeder

10. If you could buy any breed today (money isn't an issue) and you had room for just one more kitty, what would you get
Sphynx or shelter kitty in grey, blue, black, or orange. Probably whichever one captures my heart first