#1 reason I shouldn't be working at a Vet's office

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by IsisBaby

WoW, just read this whole thread... YOU are a Guardian Angel. What a beautiful heart you have.
Doesn't she though? It makes me all warm and fuzzy!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shorty14788

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I thought I would update since I got really good news yesterday. We had backed Neko down to every 3rd day on the prednisone. We had been doing that for about a month now. Neko went in for a recheck of his CBC yesterday to see how he was doing on that dose. His RBC count had gone up to the highest its ever been. Almost 37!!! That means he can come off the prednisone now... His IMHA is GONE.
(hopefully for good!!!) We still have to be careful and keep a close eye on him in case it reoccurs. But for now he is a normal cat. He still will never be vaccinated for fear that it will trigger the IMHA again, but a normal life none the less!!!

karebearcasey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
wow, i'm so glad to hear all this. i joined after this thread was started and just read the whole thing! i'm glad both are doing so well!

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is a wonderful thing you did!
That is one lucky cat!
Keep up the good work!

stubbychester

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It is a wonderful thing you did..its sad that people get an animal and have no idea how to take care of them..Perhaps you could call your local paper and get them to do a human interest story...they need happy stories to print as well as sad ones...Good luck.