1 of my cat's bought a...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lindsey88

If it's not in that same spot it's dead. sorry to say but birds can't move their babies around like cats can move kittens. It didn't look very good in those pictures baby birds don't usually lay on their backs unless something is seriously wrong with them. Sorry about it but you tried your best. Also it is definalty an old wives tale that birds will smell human scent and abandon their babies. Birds can smell about as good as people so there is no way they would even know if their baby was touched unless the saw it. There was a little cardinal that fell out of the nest here and I put it back and all was well with mom and dad.
ohhh, thank's for that.

lindsey88

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xLaydeexTaniax

ohhh, thank's for that.
Your welcome. Sorry about that. I wish I was on here earlier when you first asked about it I have rehabbed many wild baby birds. The little guy was probably cold all by himself on a branch they need their momma/siblings warmth when they are that tiny or they will die quickly. He could have also had internal injuries from the cat and of course the cat saliva will kill birds quickly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xlaydeextaniax

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lindsey88

Your welcome. Sorry about that. I wish I was on here earlier when you first asked about it I have rehabbed many wild baby birds. The little guy was probably cold all by himself on a branch they need their momma/siblings warmth when they are that tiny or they will die quickly. He could have also had internal injuries from the cat and of course the cat saliva will kill birds quickly.
yeh, i know what you mean. when my partner first bought it into me, i checked it over to see if it was injured. i spotted a tiny amount of blood, but i couldn't see any serious damage.

i just felt awful, i didn't know what to do.