TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › A snowstorm!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A snowstorm!

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 
Finally! There is supposed to be a snowstorm moving through southern Minnesota(Rochester & Eau Claire are to be hit hardest) Wednesday night & through Thursday. I have classes on M, W, & F, so I would have appreciated it on one of those days, but I guess I will take what I can get. The only down side is that I won't be able to go to the HS, if they are even open. I have a feeling they will be closed.

Keep your fingers crossed that we get our snowstorm!
post #2 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover
Finally! There is supposed to be a snowstorm moving through southern Minnesota(Rochester & Eau Claire are to be hit hardest) Wednesday night & through Thursday. I have classes on M, W, & F, so I would have appreciated it on one of those days, but I guess I will take what I can get. The only down side is that I won't be able to go to the HS, if they are even open. I have a feeling they will be closed.

Keep your fingers crossed that we get our snowstorm!
Woo hoo! Thats my area! (Rochester Eau Claire) Thanks Natalie - thats the best news I've gotten all day!
post #3 of 29
Its will then move to my side of Wisconsin (don't you hog all the snow!!)
post #4 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailC
Its will then move to my side of Wisconsin (don't you hog all the snow!!)
I promise not to hog all of the snow, but I would be worried about Mackenzie! She might just hog it all!
post #5 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover
I promise not to hog all of the snow, but I would be worried about Mackenzie! She might just hog it all!
Thats okay! When I've had enuf, I'll send it your way Gail!
post #6 of 29
Please keep it on your side of the lake, I'll pass!
post #7 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittergirl
Please keep it on your side of the lake, I'll pass!
You don't want any snow!?!?

There better be tons of snow on the ground if it is going to be as cold as they say it will be this weekend!
post #8 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover
You don't want any snow!?!?

There better be tons of snow on the ground if it is going to be as cold as they say it will be this weekend!
I agree - there better be TONS of snow and VERY cold weather, or I'm going to be very mad at mother nature! Or the weather man at least
post #9 of 29
Well you know in Wisconsin they name the snow storms-this one coming later tonite is "Snowstorm Christine" Its only the 3rd biggie this season. The predictor map for my area is saying 11 inches with blizzard conditions this time tomorrow!!! So I did a bunch of errands today.
I just have to get in Neils' head to drive the truck to work tomorrow instead of the new car. Any suggestions other than hiding the car keys??? I want boots and a hat in the truck too-I guess I'll have to put them there. Plus he usually goes to the gym on Thursday nites-I guess hide the gym bag too!!
post #10 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailC
Well you know in Wisconsin they name the snow storms-this one coming later tonite is "Snowstorm Christine" Its only the 3rd biggie this season. The predictor map for my area is saying 11 inches with blizzard conditions this time tomorrow!!! So I did a bunch of errands today.
I just have to get in Neils' head to drive the truck to work tomorrow instead of the new car. Any suggestions other than hiding the car keys??? I want boots and a hat in the truck too-I guess I'll have to put them there. Plus he usually goes to the gym on Thursday nites-I guess hide the gym bag too!!
Maybe you could just glue his feet to the floor in your house somewhere? That's the only suggestion I have.

We are supposed to get 2 inches tonight(after 10pm) & then another 5-7" by tomorrow night. There are supposed to be 15-25 mph winds. On Friday, there is supposed to be 20-30 mph winds!

I got my test finished today, so if it bad out Friday morning, I can skip class. Bri(lil sis) doesn't have class Friday or Monday(she's a freshman in high school). She's hoping for a snow day tomorrow so that they have a 5 day weekend. That would be nice(not for me-she gets annoying ).
post #11 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailC
Well you know in Wisconsin they name the snow storms-this one coming later tonite is "Snowstorm Christine" Its only the 3rd biggie this season. The predictor map for my area is saying 11 inches with blizzard conditions this time tomorrow!!! So I did a bunch of errands today.
I just have to get in Neils' head to drive the truck to work tomorrow instead of the new car. Any suggestions other than hiding the car keys??? I want boots and a hat in the truck too-I guess I'll have to put them there. Plus he usually goes to the gym on Thursday nites-I guess hide the gym bag too!!
Oh my gosh...im in wisconsin...I just got back from Florida yesterday, and havent really heard much about this snow storm. But now you got me freakin out. 11 INCHES?!! Where are you? I'm in Racine. Hopefully not by me...I dont want no 11 inches..sheesh If woulda known that, I woulda done my errands today too. dang it. What time is this all supposed to be happening?
post #12 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilleah878
Oh my gosh...im in wisconsin...I just got back from Florida yesterday, and havent really heard much about this snow storm. But now you got me freakin out. 11 INCHES?!! Where are you? I'm in Racine. Hopefully not by me...I dont want no 11 inches..sheesh If woulda known that, I woulda done my errands today too. dang it. What time is this all supposed to be happening?
If I remember my geography correctly, you might not get as much snow. They said in MN that the area that was going to be hardest hit was the Rochester area. I don't think you will get 11 inches, but you might want to expect 7 inches or so. I dont' know for sure about your area, but you might want to get off here & go shopping!
post #13 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover
If I remember my geography correctly, you might not get as much snow. They said in MN that the area that was going to be hardest hit was the Rochester area. I don't think you will get 11 inches, but you might want to expect 7 inches or so. I dont' know for sure about your area, but you might want to get off here & go shopping!
Finally - snow in my area of the world!!

It just started snowing tonight - flurries for now, I hope to wake up to a butt load of snow and no way to get to work! I could use a day off!
post #14 of 29
YAY! Its snowing here today - I am a very happy girl! We are expected to get another 4-6 inches today - so a total of about 8-10!
post #15 of 29
Not too much yet only about two inches they cancelled classes in most school districts early this am. DH said it was a bit slippery this am going to work-he did take the truck and I put a hat and boots inside!! We got plenty of gas for the snowblower too. This is a dry snow due to the temperature and that's why it will blow around so easy!!
post #16 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailC
Not too much yet only about two inches they cancelled classes in most school districts early this am. DH said it was a bit slippery this am going to work-he did take the truck and I put a hat and boots inside!! We got plenty of gas for the snowblower too. This is a dry snow due to the temperature and that's why it will blow around so easy!!
Same here - its so pretty outside right now, I think I might post a picture or 2
post #17 of 29
Me too but this afternoon when it gets really nasty!!
post #18 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailC
Me too but this afternoon when it gets really nasty!!
Yeah! I love the winter storms, its snowing really big flakes right now, I love it
post #19 of 29
Thread Starter 
You must've taken all of the snow! It is snowing here, but it is a pretty light snow. It is blowing a ton, though. School was 2 hrs for lil sis. Fairmont & Blue Earth closed, but no, our stupid school had to go on! I don't think I will be able to go to classes tomorrow morning. I haven't though up a good reason yet, but I think the snow is going to stop me. I have one class that I show up, sign in, & leave. I don't have anything to do. It isn't wortht eh hour round trip drive through snow & blowing snow for that.

My lil sis is a 6th grade, our neighbor is in 10th grade, & the foreign exchange student that is living with my neighbor is in 12th grade. We are the only ones with a 4WD truck, so I am in charge of getting all three of them home. Let me think about this...6 seat on the crew cab truck...me, two dogs(50 & 80 lbs), Kai, Bri, & Ciara....get's a little cozy!

Mackenzie, did you get to work? Now that I am thinking about your work, I don't remember seeing anything about the 2nd interview @ Maurices. How did that go?
post #20 of 29
I cant get over all the desire for snow!!! Me Im hoping what little we have up here melts and the temperature stays above zero!
Down with winter
post #21 of 29
Well we got upgraded to a blizzard warning 2 hrs ago. This warming will last until midnight!! At that time we had 6 inches but the wind is terrible. They are predicting gust to 50 mph!! I spoke to DH about coming home at that time he said the plant mgr was talking about shutting their entire division down both office and mill-a rare occurance indeed!!
But I just emailed him to see what's up. Not very many vehicles on the road at all!!! I went outside at that time to pick up the mail and my footprints have almost disappeared.
BTW The Weather Channel is broadcasting from Green Bay WI today!
post #22 of 29
Thread Starter 
You guys hogged all the snow! We got a lousy 4 inches--TOTAL! I didn't go to class this morning anyways. I would've had to drive the 1990 Full size van. Not fun to drive in the summer, let alone after it snowed! It would have been dangerous to try. Dad said he slid on the ice on the roads in the 4WD truck...

I am, however, freezing my tuckus off. The high here today-4.6 degrees. I have made a point of hibernating in the house all day. It's too cold to go anywhere.
post #23 of 29
We got about 8 inches of snow - YESSSS!!!

Its SO cold outside as well - today was a high of 1*, low of -20 tonight, brrr!!
post #24 of 29
Bleeeeeeeecccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....SNOW!!!!!!!!
I am SO ready for Spring!!!
We were forecasted to have big snow (and icy cold weather too), and I was freaking out, since I woke up this morning, about it! We had a long drive to a doctor's appt. for my DH who is quite ill. Our van, though quite new, is TERRIBLE on snowy/icy roads!!!!!!!!!! :eek
Well, all that worrying for nothing!! We ended up with a few snow flurries, so far...and my back is thankful, as I HATE shovelling snow!!!!!!!! --AND, we got there and back from the loooooooong trip to the doctor's office and NO sliding around on any roads!! YAY!!!!!!

--MAN!! I saw the forecasts in Minnesota and Wisconsin--EEEEEEKKKKKK!!!
Soooooooo cold and Wisconsin, you guys got SO much snow, too!!!!!!
post #25 of 29
I love snow. We don't get it in our part of the country.
post #26 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats
I love snow. We don't get it in our part of the country.
I could never live where it doesn't snow. I almost want to move to Alaska, but it's too cold there. I'd be a popsicle.
post #27 of 29
gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! .....After 20 years, I just moved from Syracuse NY this past Summer to North Carolina. I have SPTSD..."snow post traumatic stress disorder"...if I ever see another flake of snow for the next 1000 years, that will be too soon!!!!! ...sooooo...to all you snow lovers....ITS ALL YOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the meantime, if your lookin for me Ill be bar-b-quein ..out back.....in my shorts.....at midnite

post #28 of 29
WOOOHOOOOOO

--YOU GO, SBW999

Leave some barbeque chicken out for me--I'm on my way NOW!!!!
post #29 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy&SpikesMom
WOOOHOOOOOO

--YOU GO, SBW999

Leave some barbeque chicken out for me--I'm on my way NOW!!!!
you got it!!!!!!!!!! ...what ya drinkin???????
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › A snowstorm!