A snowstorm!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well we got upgraded to a blizzard warning 2 hrs ago. This warming will last until midnight!! At that time we had 6 inches but the wind is terrible. They are predicting gust to 50 mph!! I spoke to DH about coming home at that time he said the plant mgr was talking about shutting their entire division down both office and mill-a rare occurance indeed!!
But I just emailed him to see what's up. Not very many vehicles on the road at all!!! I went outside at that time to pick up the mail and my footprints have almost disappeared.
BTW The Weather Channel is broadcasting from Green Bay WI today!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You guys hogged all the snow!
We got a lousy 4 inches--TOTAL! I didn't go to class this morning anyways. I would've had to drive the 1990 Full size van. Not fun to drive in the summer, let alone after it snowed! It would have been dangerous to try. Dad said he slid on the ice on the roads in the 4WD truck...

I am, however, freezing my tuckus off. The high here today-4.6 degrees. I have made a point of hibernating in the house all day. It's too cold to go anywhere.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got about 8 inches of snow - YESSSS!!!

Its SO cold outside as well - today was a high of 1*, low of -20 tonight, brrr!!

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bleeeeeeeecccccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....SNOW!!!!!!!!

I am SO ready for Spring!!!
We were forecasted to have big snow (and icy cold weather too), and I was freaking out, since I woke up this morning, about it! We had a long drive to a doctor's appt. for my DH who is quite ill. Our van, though quite new, is TERRIBLE on snowy/icy roads!!!!!!!!!! :eek
Well, all that worrying for nothing!! We ended up with a few snow flurries, so far...and my back is thankful, as I HATE shovelling snow!!!!!!!! --AND, we got there and back from the loooooooong trip to the doctor's office and NO sliding around on any roads!! YAY!!!!!!

--MAN!! I saw the forecasts in Minnesota and Wisconsin--EEEEEEKKKKKK!!!
Soooooooo cold and Wisconsin, you guys got SO much snow, too!!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I love snow. We don't get it in our part of the country.
I could never live where it doesn't snow. I almost want to move to Alaska, but it's too cold there. I'd be a popsicle.

sbw999

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
.....After 20 years, I just moved from Syracuse NY this past Summer to North Carolina.
I have SPTSD..."snow post traumatic stress disorder"...if I ever see another flake of snow for the next 1000 years, that will be too soon!!!!!
...sooooo...to all you snow lovers....ITS ALL YOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In the meantime, if your lookin for me Ill be bar-b-quein ..out back.....in my shorts.....at midnite

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
WOOOHOOOOOO

--YOU GO, SBW999

Leave some barbeque chicken out for me--I'm on my way NOW!!!!

sbw999

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Missy&SpikesMom

WOOOHOOOOOO

--YOU GO, SBW999

Leave some barbeque chicken out for me--I'm on my way NOW!!!!
you got it!!!!!!!!!!
...what ya drinkin???????