TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Do I need a reason?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do I need a reason?

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
I got an email earlier this morning from a lady who adopted a cat (Alex) from us almost two months ago. I actually drove Alex to her home which is about two hours away from where I live. Anyway, she invited me stop in and visit him if I'm ever in the area. I doubt I'll a reason to go there anytime in the near future, but would really love to see Alex. He was in foster care with us for a long time and I got extremely attached. She said he's well and clearly loves him. Would it be too weird to email back and say I'd like to make the trip down to see Alex (and her too!) without having another reason. For me, seeing him is reason enough!
post #2 of 27
I don't think you do! I invited my kitties Foster Mommy over to see her girls (she'd last seen them in person over a year ago) and it was fun. You should go for it.
post #3 of 27
If she extended the offer I think that its fine for you to stop by. It would be better honestly to call ahead like that because she can plan to be home. that's great that she is welcoming you to her home to see Alex.
post #4 of 27
I totally understand and would definitely do the same thing! If you're afraid she's going to think you're weird, just make up some fake excuse as for why you'd go down there! A little white lie is okay--just remember what you told her so you can keep your story straight!!
post #5 of 27
Thread Starter 
I knew you guys would understand!
post #6 of 27
I think it's a lovely idea!. Make sure you take the camera though
post #7 of 27
I think it would be great if you went over there, its so wonderful that she extended the invite to you to come and visit, what a nice person!
post #8 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by eilcon
I got an email earlier this morning about a lady who adopted a cat (Alex) from us almost two months ago. I actually drove Alex to her home which is about two hours away from where I live. Anyway, she invited me stop in and visit him if I'm ever in the area. I doubt I'll a reason to go there anytime in the near future, but would really love to see Alex. He was in foster care with us for a long time and I got extremely attached. She said he's well and clearly loves him. Would it be too weird to email back and say I'd like to make the trip down to see Alex (and her too!) without having another reason. For me, seeing him is reason enough!
Just go on and see the cat. I got my Max from another local family and enjoyed him for eleven years before he passed in July. I stayed in touch with his first family for the first three or four years, sending them Christmas cards with pictures, etc. When he passed, I called and talked with them because I knew they had loved him for eighteen months before he was mine. Of course they were sad, but they were happy to know Max had someone to love and take care of him for all those years. I wrote a story about his life and mailed it to that family along with lots of pictures. They were thrilled.
So we understand how you feel, just go.
post #9 of 27
If she loves Alex as you say, she should understand that you miss him and want to see him. Go see him!!!

I used to call the woman I adopted Oliver from (when he was a kitten) every year on his birthday. She seemed happy about it the first few times, but then it seemed like she lost interest. If she ever wanted to see him, I would be thrilled.
post #10 of 27
No I would not find it weird!! Several yrs ago a lady came back a year after picking up two of our kittens and she brought them with her so they visit with the "mommy"!!
That lady was quite the character!! She bought kitty baby pics too.
post #11 of 27
Not weird at all ! We had one lady who bought one of our kitties, and before they moved several hours away, she'd bring her by here two or three times a year....loved that!
post #12 of 27
I don't think it's weird at all. I let one of mine go live with a close friend and I e-mail her about Moose and go by and see her all the time!!
post #13 of 27
I agree with everyone else. There's nothing weird about it at all. I think you should definitely make arrangements to visit Alex, especially since you miss him so much.
post #14 of 27
I don't think it's weird, either, especially as she has extended an invitation. We see Cindy and Fawn's foster Mum every so often (when we visit my mother-in-law), and she's always interested in their antics. They send prezzies to their "Auntie Vivienne", and if she ever came this way, we'd love for her to see the girls in purrson. Go. Have a great time. Take pics. She'll love for you to see how well he's doing.
post #15 of 27
Go see him! I've given my vet a standing invitation to stop by and see Forest any time. (She saved him from being put to sleep, and he lived at their office for his first 6 months. She dearly loves him, but only sees him when he's at the vet's office and all stressed out. I'd love to have her see all the trouble he gets into when he's at home.)
post #16 of 27
Thread Starter 
Well, you guys convinced me. I'm going to visit Alex and his mom in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to see him! Will post pics when I get back.
post #17 of 27
Wonderful! Looking forward to seeing Alex's photos!
post #18 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by eilcon
Well, you guys convinced me. I'm going to visit Alex and his mom in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to see him! Will post pics when I get back.
Yeah! Go for it!
post #19 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiemac
I think it's a lovely idea!. Make sure you take the camera though
We want pictures of Alex - great name for a cat btw
post #20 of 27
My 22 y/o dd has a kitten who is due for a vet-check. She told me she planned to take her older kit in for a check, also. I told her if he had been neutered and was up on his shots, he didn't need a vet visit for a year.

She said that since she had adopted him from the vet (when her previous kitten died), that they always like to see him, even if he doesn't need a check up. The vet only charges her if he is sick, but always gives him a quick check!

Go see your kitten! Enjoy!
post #21 of 27
I think you should go and see the cat! just say you want to see how he is n things.
post #22 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by eilcon
Well, you guys convinced me. I'm going to visit Alex and his mom in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to see him! Will post pics when I get back.
I'm so glad! Can't wait for pics.
post #23 of 27
Thread Starter 
I drove down to visit Alex this weekend, along with his mom, Christine, and "siblings", Jasper and Morgan. Alex looks great! Most of his fur has grown back and is soft and shiny. He's even put on some weight. He gets along great with the other kitties, who are a little younger than him and is clearly loved by his mom, who said "This is where he belongs."

Thanks for encouraging me to visit. Will post pictures later today.
post #24 of 27
How wonderful! Look forward to the pictures
post #25 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by eilcon
I drove down to visit Alex this weekend, along with his mom, Christine, and "siblings", Jasper and Morgan. Alex looks great! Most of his fur has grown back and is soft and shiny. He's even put on some weight. He gets along great with the other kitties, who are a little younger than him and is clearly loved by his mom, who said "This is where he belongs."

Thanks for encouraging me to visit. Will post pictures later today.
Good to hear he's doing well! Did you have a good time visiting? Did you feel welcomed etc.?
post #26 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyViking
Good to hear he's doing well! Did you have a good time visiting? Did you feel welcomed etc.?
Yes, had a great time. His mom and I spent a couple of hours talking about our babies. She also invited me to visit again anytime I'm in the area.
post #27 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by eilcon
Yes, had a great time. His mom and I spent a couple of hours talking about our babies. She also invited me to visit again anytime I'm in the area.
Wonderful to hear!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Do I need a reason?