TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › My kitty is sick. Called the vet. Help?!?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My kitty is sick. Called the vet. Help?!? - Page 3  

post #61 of 79
This just does not sound right. Poor kitty
post #62 of 79
Umm..last time i checked, and saw you could see anything that was logged in the system on an xray not just something metallic..
post #63 of 79
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugaboo1
I agree with the other person whose advice is if your cat dies, you don't need another one unless your husband is in total agreement. In order to provide a good home for a pet, sooner or later it involves paying some vet bills, sometimes lots of them. If you can't do that, then you don't need a pet. Sorry if this advice sounds strong, but it is the truth. When we open our hearts to a pet, it is a lifetime commitment, whatever it takes for the animal.
I made my hubby realize how bad she really was. He said he was sorry and never thought she was THAT sick because as you said, Kitties hide their distress very well. Hes never had an indoor cat before. I think he thought that she just had a tummy ache, and didnt realize that she was vomiting green liquid.

And its not that we wont ever have money to go to the vet...we just dont have it right NOW. See, we just moved into a new house, my car died, and then his car died, and we're still very young (22 and 23), and we're trying to start a new business... so all the money we had saved for the past two years is tied up in alot of other things. Plus he just started working for a new company, so his paycheck is going to be late. We only have $50 left to our name since Ive gotten back from the vet and that has to get him gas for the week to drive to work. We dont even have money for food for the week now. I know this all sounds like excuses, but they ARE reasons that I put off making an emergency office call to the vet... which would have been up near $100 paid in full at the time of service or they wont see the cat. And thats true of both vets in this little town - and one of those vets is NOT within walking distance.

And yes I do live in a little bitty town... And if I did happen to have anything of value (this computer is not mine), take it to the Pawn shop? This town doesnt know what that word means. We just recently got a grocery store!!
post #64 of 79
Autumn your going to need more than luck sweetie if your poor cat doesn't get seen by another vet for a second opinion.

An x-ray will be able to show up anything that has been swallowed.

You've just said that she's lost weight and she's weak, so that alone should tell you to see someone else.

Were only trying to help you here and more that one person has said to see another vet.
post #65 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms
Umm..last time i checked, and saw you could see anything that was logged in the system on an xray not just something metallic..
Aye.. Some things can be difficult to make out, but things do not have to be metal to be visible. Are bones and organs metal?...
post #66 of 79
Autumn, I'm sorry if what I'm about to say seems harsh.

It's been a few days now that your cat has been very ill. You said in your initial post, referring to something else "I feel like its neglect". At this stage, I really do feel you are neglecting her. Many members here have given you suggestions about your transport and financial concerns. You have negated most, if not all, of them. Silly sounds like she is still very ill. If she were mine, I would have dropped everythng and done anything I could, to get to a vet and find some money somehow. Having a pet is wonderful but not if you cannot afford or budget for more than just food and litter.

I hope Silly is able to get the care she deserves.
post #67 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnHaze
The vet said that x-rays wouldnt do much good for this situation unless she swallowed something metallic thats lodged in her digestive system.
It's not true. Bones are not metal, but you seem them on x-ray. Bladder, intestines, etc, will show up on x-ray.
post #68 of 79
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluchetta
Did the vet palpatate her and take her temperature? My vet could feel the mass, and her temp was elevated. (He suspected a uterine mass, but found the intussuseption when they went in to operate.)
yes he did all that... her temp came out normal, and after squeezing around her intestines for about 3 minutes, he decidedly gave me this lubricant stuff and said to give her that as often as possible as long as she keeps it down. (wow every other word in the end of that last sentence is "as" and it still makes sense) and to keep her hydrated above all else. He really didnt seem overly-concerned at all. It just seemed like a run-of-the-mill usual thing for cats. He said perhaps she swallowed a hairball and that it could be clogging the bottom of her stomach or in her intestines.... Dont they make a kind of pipe cleaner for cats? Like Kitty Draino??? LOL. Just Kidding.
post #69 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnHaze
yes he did all that... her temp came out normal, and after squeezing around her intestines for about 3 minutes, he decidedly gave me this lubricant stuff and said to give her that as often as possible as long as she keeps it down. (wow every other word in the end of that last sentence is "as" and it still makes sense) and to keep her hydrated above all else. He really didnt seem overly-concerned at all. It just seemed like a run-of-the-mill usual thing for cats. He said perhaps she swallowed a hairball and that it could be clogging the bottom of her stomach or in her intestines.... Dont they make a kind of pipe cleaner for cats? Like Kitty Draino??? LOL. Just Kidding.

I've been reading this thread for 2 days and I have to say something that may not be popular because I can't sit back and read this nonsense anymore.

This cat is very ill and obviously in distress with the vomiting etc. I'm really afraid this cat is going to die a very slow painful death. That upsets me greatly. I realize you are only 22 and 23, but if you are old enough to be married then you are old enough to be responsible for this animal you took on. Get this animal checked out by a good vet and get it on it's way to a recovery now.

How many "as's" you have in your sentence isn't important and pipe cleaner and kitty drano jokes aren't funny either when you have a cat that is in distress and dying.

If this cat does die, I would recommend you not get another animal until you are older and more able to care for it.
post #70 of 79
well sorta it's called a enema (sp?????)

Hope you baby feels better soon!!
post #71 of 79
Autumn did you tell him she ate a rubberband?, and do you realise how serious this really is?!.

Swallowing a rubberband isn't a run of the mill thing!
post #72 of 79
Thread Starter 
The only reason I posted this thread in the first place was to see if there was any way I could make her feel better until I did get to the vet.
post #73 of 79
Autumn I'm sorry if I offended you, but from reading the post it did not appear you have been to the vet all the times you now say you were. I have to ask the same question Rosie did, and that is does the vet know she swallowed a rubber band.

I don't know why the vet isn't taking you seriously, but this kitty needs help and you are the only one who can get help for her. She can't do it herself. I'd be very forceful with the vet if he's giving you the brush off.

If she needs an operation, are you going to be able to handle that financially? Maybe that's why the vet isn't being more helpful - he doesn't see you being able to afford the care required.

I don't know - I'm just guessing here, but I'm terribly upset just thinking about the pain and suffering your cat is going through right now.
post #74 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnHaze
And its not that we wont ever have money to go to the vet...we just dont have it right NOW. See, we just moved into a new house, my car died, and then his car died, and we're still very young (22 and 23), and we're trying to start a new business... so all the money we had saved for the past two years is tied up in alot of other things.
I know it seems as though everyone is a bit bossy with you right now but it's only because we don't like the thought of your little kitty suffering.
You are not that young - and anyway, it's not an excuse. I'm not that much older than you, I live in a matchbox sized apartment, no car, no fancy stuff but when I got Dax I understood that since I don't have much money the first thing I pay every month is my pet insurance.

Do you smoke? Do you drink alcohol or soda? Do you like movies? Do you have a cellphone? Do you eat candy? Do you buy takeaway? Do you wear make-up? Do you dye your hair? There is just a few examples of things you could cut out that will pay for pet insurance.

Vet bills, vaccinations and checkups are not optional things.

I wish you all the best with Silly, I really hope she beats the odds.
post #75 of 79
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosemite
Autumn I'm sorry if I offended you, but from reading the post it did not appear you have been to the vet all the times you now say you were. I have to ask the same question Rosie did, and that is does the vet know she swallowed a rubber band.

I don't know why the vet isn't taking you seriously, but this kitty needs help and you are the only one who can get help for her. She can't do it herself. I'd be very forceful with the vet if he's giving you the brush off.

If she needs an operation, are you going to be able to handle that financially? Maybe that's why the vet isn't being more helpful - he doesn't see you being able to afford the care required.

I don't know - I'm just guessing here, but I'm terribly upset just thinking about the pain and suffering your cat is going through right now.
I told the vet everything thats happened this past weekend.
and Yes the vet knows she swallowed a rubber band. And Im going to Have to be able to financially handle surgery if thats the case.

You think YOUR upset? I couldnt even look at my cat without crying for while there yesterday.

Also, yes it IS ok to joke at times like this. You have to do something to get your mind off whats going terribly wrong in your life. Otherwise if you just sit and stew about it, and only IT , all day long, you'll go CRAZY. A little joke here and there to lighten the mood doesnt hurt anyone! Even in the most SERIOUS of circumstances... If it takes your mind off your pain for a moment without the use of drugs, then how could it possibly be as horrible as you say?

And by the way - to whomever posted that I was "neglecting" my cat, on day one, when I posted that I, myself, felt like it was neglect, that was only because I couldnt hold her and tell her everything would be alright. All I could do is call the vet and do everything I could at the moment, none of which she liked at all (such as force-feeding her water etc.). I love my cat. Everywhere I go, she goes. If I really wanted to neglect my cat, I could have been like those people you see on TV who just throw their cat outside set out a pile of food once a week and not even care where she goes, what she does, how many times she gets pregnant etc! I could have just NOT gotten on this forum seeking advice and a friendly word or two. Im going through a mini-crisis here, and my cat IS going through a crisis, and all I get is harshness.

And to whomever asked if I knew how serious this actually is... Wow, thats All I have to say is wow.
post #76 of 79
I am 22 years old and my husband is 24 so I don't think age has anything to do with this. I have 7 cats, 2 dogs and foster 7 cats right now. I spend every penny I have on these guys. Maybe if you are having such financial trouble right now you might consider looking for part-time work to help pay for things like this. My pets vaccinations and check-ups come first, then I pay for food and gas and extras....
post #77 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by slitty_kittay
Aye.. Some things can be difficult to make out, but things do not have to be metal to be visible. Are bones and organs metal?...

nope they arent. I agree things can be hard to make out. but they are visable. they may not be able to say this is exactly what it is..but it can be seen. I feel for this little one
post #78 of 79
Age isnt an excuse Autum. I am sorry but its not. I am 22years old I have 14 cats, two dogs, and 4 horses a 5th on the way. I work two jobs, on top of my own buisness's with training that I work. I dont have new clothes or a new car nothing shinny. this computer is the most expensive thing i own and even that was from walmart. My kitties get what they need. Heck of high water. I shell out around $200 a month in pet insurance. My fiance and I dont go out, we dont drink, we dont smoke. our one luxury is a $20 thing to netflix, and cable. Cable goes if it has to. You may think everyone here is being harsh. But they do not want your kitty to suffer. and she IS suffering. Horribly. Something is WRONG.
post #79 of 79
There is nothing more to be said that hasn't been offered already. This thread is now closing-
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cat Health
This thread is locked  
TheCatSite.com › Forums › Our Feline Companions › Cat Health › My kitty is sick. Called the vet. Help?!?