TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › My nieghbor who drives through my yard is now STUCK in my yard!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My nieghbor who drives through my yard is now STUCK in my yard!!! - Page 2

post #31 of 49
I think the only way that car should come out is with a tow truck. But the car is small enough that a few guys should be able to push it out too.
You know I do landscaping and may have some suggestions for you!! Let me know.
post #32 of 49
Thread Starter 
OK it's 10:30 am here. They've just managed to get the car back in her yard. (Though it'll still have to go through mine to get out.) I have 2 deeper ruts from her front tires and some 'skid' marks from the back. You can tell how saturated the ground is there because the bottom of those deeper ruts are filled with water. We don't get a lot of sun there at all. We actually get moss growing on that side of my house because it's so shaded.

So I still keep hearing them struggle to move the car. They keep moving a piece of that 2x4 under each of the wheels every few feet. I'm going to go keep an eye on them. She's got 2 men helping her today. So hopefully they get her out and our yards can dry. It's kinda funny listening to them going back and forth at each other (I'm pretty sure they are from the Philippines).

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleraven7726 View Post
On the way to my parent's house, we used to go through a neighboring housing development. One house had a very large corner lot, and for some reason there were always tracks through the yard. Couldn't figure out what was up with that. Not long after they had lived there (maybe 6mo to a year) they had railroad ties out on the perimeter of their lot. Don't stick up high, but enough to screw up a car's underside. That's an idea. You could incorporate them with the trees/bushes you're planting.
That's not a bad idea! They have some logs behind where her shed is keeping people from driving through there. Behind our houses is a horse shoe with more trailers around it and a short extension leading to 2 more houses, plus the mailboxes are in the middle of the horseshoe. If that makes any sense.
post #33 of 49
I just had a though abot some shrubs. You might want to put it in a larger container and bury the container so when you move you can dig it up and take it with you!!
post #34 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleraven7726 View Post
On the way to my parent's house, we used to go through a neighboring housing development. One house had a very large corner lot, and for some reason there were always tracks through the yard. Couldn't figure out what was up with that. Not long after they had lived there (maybe 6mo to a year) they had railroad ties out on the perimeter of their lot. Don't stick up high, but enough to screw up a car's underside. That's an idea. You could incorporate them with the trees/bushes you're planting.
Railroad ties work very well. at our last house, our neighbours friends kept parking on our lawn, Dh put railroad ties along the edge ouf our property and their driveway. they didn't listen to wordsm but the railroad ties got the message across.
post #35 of 49
Thread Starter 
OK! She's officially back in her proper parking spot! She didn't drive all the way around my house, she managed to get it to the horse shoe part. Which I'm very glad about because my propane tanks are back there and the guy came and filled them this morning! She still had to back the car up back there right by them though. I'll go out in a bit to take final damage pics. One of the men has a shovel and is filling in the ruts already.

They've already had a bucket out washing the mud off her wheels. (I've seen that lady washing her car with intense precision ) I wonder if they were so caked from her spinning yesterday she wasn't getting any traction from them?

Oh and Mooch is calming down. She was hiding from all the noise they were making. Poor baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailC View Post
I think the only way that car should come out is with a tow truck. But the car is small enough that a few guys should be able to push it out too.
You know I do landscaping and may have some suggestions for you!! Let me know.
The two men did do some pushing and that I think is what moved her the most. I hope the lesson is learned here!

I'll definitely ask for some ideas come spring. I may need to measure the land area to be sure whatever I plant can survive there. The park had these evergreens planted along the road side where the park boarders a regular residential housing neighborhood and they grew up so big next to each other they started dying and you couldn't see down the road right. It looked awfully unkempt too. The cut a bunch of them down last year and then planted new baby ones. Some of which died immediately; others were blown right out of the ground in a bad storm. We had baby trees up and down the roads here, one even was sticking out a car window that had been broken. What a shame.
post #36 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailC View Post
I just had a though abot some shrubs. You might want to put it in a larger container and bury the container so when you move you can dig it up and take it with you!!
Thats a good idea! I'm kind of concerned about what's under ground there since the power line is right there. I know water access comes from the front of the house. I think the park has that info on hand. They had what we needed when we built our deck.
post #37 of 49
Oh my gosh I would be FURIOUS!!!!! I would tell the park manager all of this AND show them the pictures!!!! If nothing is done I would go get a couple fence posts and put them up You could make a morning glory fence!!!!
post #38 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles View Post
Thats a good idea! I'm kind of concerned about what's under ground there since the power line is right there. I know water access comes from the front of the house. I think the park has that info on hand. They had what we needed when we built our deck.
If what's underground is an issue, then a few heavy pots aboveground with shrubs in them may be enough to do the trick.
post #39 of 49
Thread Starter 
A trellis with some Morning Glory's between 2 shrubs might be pretty! But whatever I do, I have to make sure I plant something DH can't weed wack!
post #40 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles View Post
A trellis with some Morning Glory's between 2 shrubs might be pretty! But whatever I do, I have to make sure I plant something DH can't weed wack!
I have that problem with my Dh, he was weed wacking the edge of my flower bed, some of the flowers got it too. I planted some Lilac saplings that my neighbour gave me, what lilacs he says .I will be replanting them this spring, only this time I am going to buy big plants.
post #41 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbjerkness View Post
I have that problem with my Dh, he was weed wacking the edge of my flower bed, some of the flowers got it too. I planted some Lilac saplings that my neighbour gave me, what lilacs he says .I will be replanting them this spring, only this time I am going to buy big plants.

thank you for that laugh, my grandpa, god rest his soul, used to mow over my moms roses "what roses, i didnt see any roses".
post #42 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondrebel76 View Post
thank you for that laugh, my grandpa, god rest his soul, used to mow over my moms roses "what roses, i didnt see any roses".
My step-mom did that to a rose bush that I had planted at my Dad's house before they married with a weed whacker.
post #43 of 49
Thread Starter 
My step-dad did that to a rose bush he and Mom gave me one Valentine's day too.
post #44 of 49
If DH would do that I would use the weed wacker on him!!!
Anyhow diggers hotline can come out and mark any line BUT they won't tell you how far down the lines are. I asked the company who does the marking around here and he hesitated to tell me so just gave an estimate. I was ok as to my planting but the lines don't get buried too far down unfortunately.
post #45 of 49
Wait! Your DH's know how to use a weed whacker?

Glad the car is out. I think that the power and water companies will gladly come out to tell you where the lines are b/4 you dig. Hubby, who knows such things, but not weed whackers, said that if you live in a place where the ground freezes (sounds like you do) the lines would be below the frost line, like 4' - 5'.

I hope everything is going to be more pleasant now.

I miss the smell of lilacs!
post #46 of 49
I would be so so so so angry - and my DH is the best at coming up with satisfactory things to make someone feel better...I'll ask him what you can do!


Quote:
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles View Post
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...mage&cd=1There is a pic of a really nice one there. It would have to be pruned to be smaller for our area though. I looooove lilacs! They are my favorite flower, scent, color, etc! I have lilacs in my bedroom. I stunned everyone by not having them for my wedding.
Is it possible to have a lilac bush in a pot? I love lilacs too but I am not allowed to plant them in my condo complex.
post #47 of 49
i dont think so, i think they root pretty deep, at least mine seams to be deep.
post #48 of 49
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by butzie View Post
Wait! Your DH's know how to use a weed whacker?

Glad the car is out. I think that the power and water companies will gladly come out to tell you where the lines are b/4 you dig. Hubby, who knows such things, but not weed whackers, said that if you live in a place where the ground freezes (sounds like you do) the lines would be below the frost line, like 4' - 5'.

I hope everything is going to be more pleasant now.

I miss the smell of lilacs!
Our frost line is at 2' here. (One thing I remember from college! ) I think so far we're leaning towards some evergreen type plants. Maybe doing 2 on each side of the house or something.
post #49 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondrebel76 View Post
i dont think so, i think they root pretty deep, at least mine seams to be deep.
what about a dwarf type? someone who knows about lilacs!?!? let me know so I can PM you!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › My nieghbor who drives through my yard is now STUCK in my yard!!!