I know that Van transformation all too well! Samwise looks lovely, his coat is so full and plush looking. . . what a beautiful boy!
My sister is a member of Vantastix. I should be joining soon, as she's sending me on a mission to Turkey next year. . .
her job prevents her from leaving the country at this point. Linda is our mentor/breeder; such a wonderful person! I could sing her praises all day.
Now Sonhi, here is my personal recipe for an Adult Mau bath. Kitten coats have a different texture, but your boy's coat looks very mature for a 5 month old.
1). Clip Nails
2). Wet cat with warm water, shower heads or sink faucets with a host work best.
3) Wash cat with a pre-shampoo. I like to use E-Z groom Silky Almond since it smells so lovely.
4) Wash cat with a finishing whitening shampoo. I prefer Plum White, but any whitening shampoo works.
5) Rinse Cat with a solution of vinegar and water to cut out the suds.
6) Condition cat, focusing on torso, with a combination of Frizz Ease Rehydrate and Redkin Smooth Down. The Smooth Down is great because it contains macadamia nut oils, which help to keep the spots from getting fuzzy.
7) Rinse cat until you no longer feel any conditioner, then rinse for one minute more to make sure it is out.
8) Let cat dry in a WARM spot. Maus are a lot more sensitive to cold than other breeds.
9) Do not comb your cat if he has substantial stripes on his spine. This will break up the stripes when he dries, revealing the silver underneath.
10) Pet cat with a silk scarf to further smooth down stripes and spots and also remove loose fur.