Oh NO! That is so hard to live with!
Let me tell you my dryer story..... Max is my dryer kitty. Easter morning 4 years ago, we were all running around getting ready for church. I threw a
summer dress into the dryer to fresh-in' it up and closed the door, turned on the dryer and off I went to take a shower. We still to this day don't know how long the time was but I KNOW it was at least 5 to 10 minutes. I was in the shower, had Nair all over my legs. When my husband comes busting in screaming Eva, help Max was in the dryer. I jumped out throw my towel in the shower to make it wet and we wrap him up in the wet towel. Max was conscious but very disoriented and bleeding from his nose and mouth. It was very hard to hold him because he was so HOT to touch. Eric than took Max in our garage room because it had a portable A/C unit and he put him right up to the cool air. I called my brother to come pick us up because neither one of us were in any shape to drive.
I think my brother arrived in less than 2 minutes. It was so fast. I also placed a call to the ER vet to let them know we were on our way.
The hardest thing I've ever done was leaving my baby at that vet. They asked us to leave once we arrived and they would call us with news. They were not very optimistic at all. They gave him a less than 5% chance of survival. Max's temp was 108 the thermometer only went to 108.
His paws were burnt, his nose was burnt, his ears were burnt. I not talking about a little burnt, I'm talking blisters, oozing, bleeding, black kind of burnt. I think I cried every time I looked at Max, I kept telling him how sorry I was. How stupid I could be for not checking first. How stupid to leave the door open to begin with even for that small amount of time.
The vet called us two hours later, Max was stable and we could visit. They warned us about brain injury. They said he may never be the same lovable, sweet cat we had. I didn't care, I just wanted to see Max and tell him how sorry I was. He was hooked up to IV's, wet and OH so glad to see us!
I'm not sure who was happier me or Max. Max stayed the rest of the day at the ER vet.
It took weeks and many, many vet appointments for the burns to heal. His burns all burst and scabbed. Then they would do it all over again. His lungs have scars they say. His mouth had blisters those had to heal.
His paws are very scratchy and rough today from the scars. His fur has spots of white all through it where his skin was burned. He is a Siamese so it's really noticeable. Along his ears are bits of white from scars, his nose is rough. He has one bald spot on his back by his tail where he never grew any hair back. It's hard to find unless you know the spot.
He is the most beautiful of cats to me! I thank God for him every day. Four years later and I will never forget that day. It will stay with me forever. His personality never changed just a few white hairs and scruffy feet. I am the luckiest person because they told me 95 percent never make it.
It is a major rule in our house that has never been broken since that day. You will check the dryer and before you turn it on you will say No Cat in Dryer. We never leave the doors open unless we are loading and unloading. That day I was unloading and loading and stepped away from the dryer to find a shirt from my son and Max jumped in. You don't even have to leave the door open all the time for them to jump in. It can happen at any time. My cats follow me every where and are always under foot with what ever I do. So I know that is when he jumped into the dryer.
My heart hurts for this owner and pain she is dealing with right now.